Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Futurama Voice Cast Back!!!

Good news everyone!

Quote:
Rob Salem

LOS ANGELES–The Star has learned exclusively that the entire voice cast of Futurama has just signed a new contract with Fox after weeks of intense salary negotiations.

As late as last week, the network was threatening to replace the original voices of Matt Groening's cult-hit cartoon, to the point of actually announcing a casting call for voice actors to replace them.

The Futurama voice cast includes John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, Billy West, Tress MacNeille and Katey Sagal.

The compromise agreement, with the studio paying more and the actors accepting less, comes after the announcement of a 26-episode pick-up here by Comedy Central. Futurama also airs internationally in syndication, has produced four bestselling straight-to-DVD movies (later cut into episodes) and an upcoming feature film.

"We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back. The call has already `gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters," Futurama creators Groening and David X. Cohen said in a joint statement.
Source

That's a relief. I honestly couldn't imagine the show with an ENTIRELY different voice cast. I would MAYBE see one character being replaced and them pulling it off, but even then that would be very hard to manage. *faps in anticipation*

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

I called this outcome. There way no way, in hell, that they would begin production without the entire cast. It would be a waste. But starting up a show again (as opposed to starting a new show) costs more, so they were just trying to save as much as they could. Of course, the "Well, maybe we'll just recast!" threat is useless when information can spread as fast as it does on the internet. The fanbase instantly voiced their disapproval, so it kind of gave more power to the cast at the negotiation table.

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation,
The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Oh, I knew they wouldn't get a whole new cast because the fanbase would boo at it, it won't get good ratings and will fail.

STEAM

Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

I hope the new season is better than the direct-to-video movies were. I am pleased that they will be back.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk View Post

Good news everyone!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #6
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I hope the new season is better than the direct-to-video movies were. I am pleased that they will be back.
The movies were good. Not sure what ur talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

STEAM