3 The Sweetest Thing Sony $9.431
4 Ice Age 20th Century Fox $8.577
5 The Rookie Buena Vista $8.077
6 High Crimes 20th Century Fox $7.485
7 Clockstoppers Paramount $4.652
8 Blade II New Line $4.316
9 Frailty Lions Gate $4.209
10 National Lampoon's Van Wilder Artisan $4.111

Have you watched any of these? What do you think? I'm planning to watch Changing Lanes this weekend, is it any good?
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 12:40 AM   #2
Foundation

Isn't this a little off topic for Magic Box? If we're going to do this, then we (the Magic Box community) should consider making a whole mess of new categories and sub forums. I admin/mod another VBulletin forum on the web at http://forums.echohype.com and we can't seem to have enough different types of categories. (I plugged this forum there too so hopefully some members will trickle over here.) If you need any help modding or installing hacks for the forum, let me know!

Oh and umm Panic Room! I want to see that..is it any good? I saw Changing Lanes. It was pretty good seeing Ben Affleck get his come-uppins for being such a bastard. I would recommend it if you like Sam Jackson.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:54 AM   #3
jizzmirk

I also think it's kind of odd to have such broad topics mixed in with something as specific as Movies and Music. To each, his own I guess.

I think the topics are fine - but you could use a few more. I'd like to see one for video game inspired art. Could one of you fine admins hook that up?

-Jizzmirk
Old 04-18-2002, 03:52 AM   #4
Evapilot

I saw Van Wilder. It was quite funny, although obviously very stupid. I wasn't really expecting much from it, but I found myself very happy with my ticket purchase.

I really want to see Panic Room. I'm a Fincher fan.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #5
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally posted by Foundation
Isn't this a little off topic for Magic Box? If we're going to do this, then we (the Magic Box community) should consider making a whole mess of new categories and sub forums. I admin/mod another VBulletin forum on the web at http://forums.echohype.com and we can't seem to have enough different types of categories. (I plugged this forum there too so hopefully some members will trickle over here.) If you need any help modding or installing hacks for the forum, let me know!

Oh and umm Panic Room! I want to see that..is it any good? I saw Changing Lanes. It was pretty good seeing Ben Affleck get his come-uppins for being such a bastard. I would recommend it if you like Sam Jackson.
I guess it's alright as long as this sub-forum is classified as "GENERAL".

Anyway, I am going to see Scoption King and Spider-Man. Don't know if Scoption King is any good, I like Mummy Returns so might as well give this one a try...
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 03:44 PM   #6
Badmash X

If Ya Smmmmellll What the Scorpion King is Cookin!
Old 04-20-2002, 07:30 PM   #7
k0ach

do people really care?

i saw panic room, a pretty good thriller. wanna see changing lanes too.

now changing the subject, recently within the last decade or so, box office numbers have become part of the mainstream news. do most people care how much money a movie made? i always thought, unless you're in the business yourself, what does it matter to you.

Last edited by k0ach; 04-20-2002 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:47 AM   #8
Rubeus

Well the reason is the box office figures reflect the popularity of each movie, so it gives you a clue which movies are worth watching.

It's also good to know how well your favorite movies are doing. It's sort of like looking at the console top 50 charts.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 11:57 AM   #9
k0ach

i know it's cuz people wanna know what's popular but WHY is that so important. who gives a damn if so and so movie made $30!? it doesn't make the movie (or game, since you brought it up) GOOD.

popular doen NOT mean good. often times, it's quite the opposite.

EDIT: all right. i should read other people's post before i reply. i guess for diehard fans and people who are/want to be in the business, it makes sense. you want the game/films that you like to do well so similiar games/films get made in the future.

what i'm asking is why is this important to the average Joe, the ordinary guy. I mean, box office figures are on the news for crying out loud.

Last edited by k0ach; 04-21-2002 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:00 AM   #10
xXx Beaver xXx
OL's Personal \|/|-|0R3

yeh

i loved all of them too.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil