The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 05-23-2009, 04:56 AM   #16
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

**** Metroid, they ruined Castlevania when they began to transform into Metroidvania's.

I don't like this Metroid(vania) game design.
loempiavreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:03 AM   #17
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

SOTN is the best Castlevania and that is like that. The problem is SOTN was such a good game they can't match it.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:47 AM   #18
Zack

prime is the best fps ever made. this is a really good deal, especially for adding widescreen and motion controls for 1&2.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #19
Alucard

Best fps like halo is the best fps.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
SOTN is the best Castlevania and that is like that. The problem is SOTN was such a good game they can't match it.
SOTN is not the best Castlevania game by a long shot imo... I hate it how they just flipped the castle upside down for the 2nd castle (could've just scrapped the whole thing, just stretched out the bore more with a few hours), the overpowered weapons (crissaegrim and such), the weak difficulty, the lame bosses, THE FRICKIN' BACKTRACKING.

Bloodlines/The New Generation is by far my favorite Castlevania.
loempiavreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #21
progmetal
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Best fps like halo is the best fps.
This man speaks the truth.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #22
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

I've tried hard to like the Prime series. But after each installment, the less interest I had in the successor. I don't know, they just all felt the same to me. Sure, the worlds are huge. And Samus is one of my all-time favorite video game characters. However, I find there just isn't a challenge to the games. In all three, I managed to breeze through without any difficulties at all. There were only a few instances against some bosses when I had to replay again. Even then, once I knew the strategy, I could easily come away victorious without suffering any damage at all. I didn't find the enemy AI to be that intelligent. Personally, I enjoy more chaos in a FPS. And unfortunately, the Prime series doesn't offer that to me. Unless they revamp the series, it will be difficult to pick up another.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #23
Paper exe
Pwnd

There is hard mode. The game is not all about shooting. Collecting and exploring plays the bigger part of the game similar to other Metroid games. Metroid Prim is not all about battling, if that's what you look for in a game then yes you are better off looking elsewhere.

I believe each game had it own features and element if you cannot understand what a game has to offer you cannot enjoy it. Personally when it comes to shooting games I usually like or enjoy once that's relays on factors other than mindlessly shooting hundreds hordes of enemies. Mind you these games can be fun and I do like many of them, but don't mind different approachs and can pretty much enjoy them.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

I'm like you Paper, in that I enjoy FPS that focus on exploration and puzzle-solving as well as those that stress survival among waves of enemies. But even on hard mode, the monsters in Prime never gave me a sense of desperation or distress. I never had a moment in which I ran into an area being completely caught off guard and vulnerable. Despite being alone in a large, strange world, I didn't feel as though the odds were stacked against me. The vast majority of the encounters had enemies that were visible far away and didn't chase you when attacked. With cover seemingly available everywhere, you could easily shoot and strafe behind cover until the monster was dead. And during the few close encounters, the enemies weren't all that responsive and aggressive - you could easily outrun and maneuver them and get out of danger. I know the series is about exploration, but when I do have to fight, I at least want to feel my heart pounding now and then.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #25
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
SOTN is not the best Castlevania game by a long shot imo... I hate it how they just flipped the castle upside down for the 2nd castle (could've just scrapped the whole thing, just stretched out the bore more with a few hours), the overpowered weapons (crissaegrim and such), the weak difficulty, the lame bosses, THE FRICKIN' BACKTRACKING.

Bloodlines/The New Generation is by far my favorite Castlevania.
Were you not completely dazzled by how amazing their level design was to allow the entire game to be flipped upside down and be completely playable!?!?!

Anyways, I don't see how this isn't a good deal for everyone. Unless you own all 3 games, and don't prefer the controls in 3 over the controls in 1/2 then you still are getting remakes of 1/2 for the price of 1 game. If you already own 3, then get ready to own two copies of it.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #26
Alucard

Well technically they arent remakes. They just mapped the controls to another type of controller. They COULD added extra content which would of been good. But this is a lazy release.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #27
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loempiavreter View Post
**** Metroid, they ruined Castlevania when they began to transform into Metroidvania's.

I don't like this Metroid(vania) game design.
Funny how you blame 2D Metroids for changing Castlevania. Not like they forced them.

Anyway, it's pretty cool they are bringing Prime back with Wii motion controls, but I may pick it up down the line.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #28
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetal View Post
This man speaks the truth.
That man speaks the sarcasm. i think.
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:21 AM   #29
calintz
thank you based god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Well technically they arent remakes. They just mapped the controls to another type of controller. They COULD added extra content which would of been good. But this is a lazy release.
and widescreen'd...
um that's all i can think of :p
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #30
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
You don't even know where to begin to find the word 'fact' in a dictionary.
So now it's just blatant insults is it?
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote