The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 05-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Nippon Ichi day.

Info stolen from the MB news mostly. All this games are confirmed for JP/NA and most likely EU.

Last Rebellion (PS3):
Quote:
Nippon Ichi announced Last Rebellion for PlayStation 3, an RPG with action elements. Player can roam around the world field and make action movements like in an action game, but once you enter battle, you engage the enemy using a turn-based system.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0905/game090507b.shtml

Trinity Universe (PS3):
Quote:
Nippon Ichi announced Trinity Universe for PlayStation 3, a new RPG being co-developed by Nippon Ichi, Gust and Idea Factory. The game will have two main scenarios: Gust & Goddess and Nippon Ichi & Demon King.

In Gust & Goddess you play as the Goddess of War and team up with Violet from Atelier Violet: Alchemist of Gramnad 2, and Flonne from Disagea, the theme is love and justice. In Nippon Ichi & Demon King you play as Demon King Kanata, who will be joined by Etna (Disgaea) and Pamela Ibis (Atelier).

The game will have a system called Active Animation Adventure, when you speak to the characters, they will have facial expression like emotions, eye and mouth movements.

The game will have a turn based battle system similar to Ar Tonelico II, in the attack turns, you can repeatedly attack the enemies with chain attacks, special skills and magic spells.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0905/game090507a.shtml

A Witch's Tale (DS):
Quote:
Nippon Ichi announced a new NDS action RPG A Witch's Tale will be coming to North America in fall 2009. A collaborative project between Nippon Ichi Software and HitMaker, A Witch’s Tale is a Halloween themed RPG. The game features a unique drawing combat system. Players will cast spells and attack enemies with easy drag-and-drop skills, and draw magic runes to cast special spells.

Key Features

* Drawing magic - Use your stylus to draw various runes and cast powerful spells.
* Touch action - All combat actions, like escape, attack, items, and casting, are executed using the touch screen.
* Dual screen map - Easily navigate through the vast world of A Witch’s Tale with the dual screen. Your location and the land map will be displayed on the top screen.
* Card collection - Search out and collect all the playing cards to unlock the secret Blackjack battles, where you can take on both enemies and friendly units.

1,000 years ago, a tribe of powerful witches lived beneath the world, making potent dangerous magic. One day, the witches invaded the surface world. When all seemed lost, the mystical Alice appeared, who used the witches’ own magic against them to seal them away. They say the Witch Queen still lurks beneath the land, waiting for her chance to return to power. A Witch’s Tale is a Halloween themed RPG, that takes advantage of the Nintendo DS™ touch screen by utilizing a unique drawing combat system. Players will cast spells and attack enemies with easy drag-and-drop skills, and draw magic runes to cast special spells.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0905/game090507d.shtml

Sakura Wars V (PS2/Wii):
Quote:
Nippon Ichi announced that Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love [Sakura Taisen V] will be coming to North America this fall to PS2 and Wii.

Sakura Wars is a Strategy RPG that features a unique sim-based story system. An in-depth storyline exists, much like in any other RPG; however, the player’s destiny in the game is not predetermined. Character interaction plays a major role, and your responses to the various characters in the game can ultimately change the story content and even the final outcome. The battle system is divided into two main parts; ground combat and air combat. Ground combat takes place using two-legged mechanized suits, which transform into jet fighters to take the fight to the sky. Every mech unit in the game can transform from battle mech mode to jet fighter mode during combat. Once transformed, weapons and movement methods will change as well. For example, the hero’s ground mode utilizes a sword as his main weapon, but in jet mode he will use long-range missiles.

KEY FEATURES
- 8 chapters in total, each with 4-5 hours of gameplay.
- A total of 7 characters to control.
- 6 different fully animated endings.
- Bonus features and story after beating the game.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0905/game090507c.shtml

Also Phantom Brave (Wii) coming in June, Disgaea 2 (PSP) in 2009 and Mana Klhemia 2 (PS2) sometime in 2009.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
Rubeus

They picked the wrong Sakura Wars game, they should've choose Sakura Wars 1 or 2 instead.

Is Trinity Universe really coming to US?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
shaselai
RPG Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
They picked the wrong Sakura Wars game, they should've choose Sakura Wars 1 or 2 instead.

i guess if crossedge does well? I am not a big fan of crossovers but it could be fun.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

So is Sakura Wars V bad, or just not as good as 1 and 2? I think I recall 2 being one of the best games of all time, but I could be wrong.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
Rubeus

I think Sakura Wars V was the reason why the series halted indefinitely. So there is a good chance this is the one and only one Sakura Wars game we will ever see in English.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee View Post
So is Sakura Wars V bad, or just not as good as 1 and 2? I think I recall 2 being one of the best games of all time, but I could be wrong.
It's not got the original cast in it. I think it's the one based in New York rather then in Japan. It's been a while since I've seen the anime OVAs.

Then again this one is developed by Idea Factory which is most likely why they grabbed this one as SEGA aren't to easy to deal with apprantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
I believe so. Cross Edge and Chaos Wars both made it to the US and they had bigger chances or problems (i.e. license problems with Capcom/Namco). Trinity Universe doesn't have that problem Nippon Ichi already has a good relationship with Gust and Idea Factory already has a lot of games coming to US/EU.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote