Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
Yoshi Girl
(mandy)

Hm. I just wrote a review for Bayontta and when I posted it, it went to the login page & disappeared.

Sadface.

Anyway, long story short.. play it.
XBL: Mandiford (send me a message so I know who you are)
Yoshi Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #18
Joe Redifer
Olé!

That sucks! That's why I usually write my reviews on very basic text editor (not Word) and then copy/paste.

And I plan on getting the Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta maybe today. I have heard that there is a lot of Sega love in the game so that tips the scales for me.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi Girl View Post
Hm. I just wrote a review for Bayontta and when I posted it, it went to the login page & disappeared.
Huh. That happens to me often at work but not at home. Sometimes it even brings me to the login page after I enter my l/p. But it usually rights itself after I refresh. That sucks, I was hoping someone would write a Bayonetta review...

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #20
Yoshi Girl
(mandy)

I'll re-write it, just not directly after MB ate it.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #21
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I've never been logged out. Ever. But to be safe, before posting something you don't want to retype, at least select all and COPY.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #22
Drunken Savior

The computers at our work suck. It's probably the settings on them and not the forums themselves in my case. :/

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
Yoshi Girl
(mandy)

Same here. I'm at work, so I'm assuming it's that. (Although, I haven't been on here in a few hours and I'm leaving this response now w/o logging in again.)

I'll re-write & make it more fantastic when I'm at home tonight! With pictures, since some of them are kind of cartoon NSFW
Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #24
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
I've never been logged out. Ever. But to be safe, before posting something you don't want to retype, at least select all and COPY.
I do exactly that when I type things over a few sentences long. It's become second nature to hit Ctrl+A Ctrl+C before I post things now.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #25
Yoshi Girl
(mandy)

BAYONETTA REVIEW

I demoed Bayonetta way back at E3 last June, and wasn't completely sure if I would play the whole game. It was fun for 10 minutes, but I had a feeling it would get quite repeatitive (thing N3, fun for the first bit, but then it's just button mashing, a alot). I was wrong. I finished the game in a bit over a week-around 15 hours of gameplay (on normal difficulty).

The controls are simple, but the key is to hit them in the correct rhythms. Although there are a few button mashing moves, many of the larger combos contain pauses, which was hard for me because I tend to just push buttons when I'm frustrated. Lucky for me, one of the weapons you unlock during game play had an awesome YYYYY combo, which I used quite frequently. Some of the enemies can be quite difficult, but once you get the hang of what each one does, it makes things much easier to manuveur.

The story is simple, yet un-boring, and the cutscences are well-placed-typically falling before and after a chapter ending. The game is basically broken down into sets of 4 chapters with the 4th of each set being a boss only. There's just enough story to keep you interested in the drama, but not so much that it detracts from being in the action. There are also a TON of quick time events that keep you paying attention during the cutscenes and/or leading up to a cutscene. There are a handful of levels that are not the standard walk-around-fight-shit mode, which is nice and changes things up (motorcycles, rocketships, moving platforms that disappear etc.).

In a battle between good & evil (literally), you go through battling angels (bad angels), saving a little girl, meeting a woman who seems to be very similar to yourself and a man who claims you killed his father. Of course it's all overly-dramatic with cheesy lines and stripper moves, but you already knew that. It's awesome though. The music, graphics and sexual inuendos are brilliantly integrated into the story and gameplay and make the game what it is.

As far as replayability goes, once you beat Normal, you can go back and play on Hard and whatever's after hard (I only played on normal), and both render achievements. There are also timed side-challenges, which also give an achievement, but I skipped them. I rented the game, but had I bought it I would have gone through and completed atleast Hard & the side quests.

PLAY IT!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #26
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I don't know how to use witch time. You have to dodge something first. I don't have a whip. It is hard to find myself onscreen. The camera is horrible. This game is relentless. It is about 10000000x harder than Demon's Souls, which is baby easy in comparison. Fucking ridiculous. I am at the part where I fight my doppleganger and she keeps duplicating herself. My life bar is very short. I have no items. I just smashed an Xbox controller. I have a couple more, it's a good thing I don't play Xbox very much. There is absolutely no reason for the game to be this difficult.

Also, the fight music gets old after maybe the millionth time it plays. What's interesting is that the soundtrack for this game comes on like 12 CDs (seriously). 12 CDs of one song, maybe.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #27
Yoshi Girl
(mandy)

Have you gotten any records yet? The shop guy gives you new weapons.. you should have something by now (make sure you equip it then, I missed this part for like 4 levels oops). Witchtime isn't that hard and you HAVE to use it or else you will become very frustrated (I see you've done that). Just right before you get hit, hit the left trigger (or is it right?)

Anyway, once you get enough rings you can buy an amulet that will trigger witchtime for you, so get that.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #28
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I don't visit the shop usually. It's didn't seem very straightforward the one time I went so I was like "eff this guy, he's just here to give me 'tude". Plus, the loading time is immense and I don't feel like waiting.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #29
Yoshi Girl
(mandy)

That'll show em!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #30
Vegetto
Alive

I played a few levels and I cant get past the pure stupidity of it, it turns me off to the point of not even wanting to play it.

gameplay is solid, fun and twitch like (one of my fav type of games), but the characters, story and acting is so bad that I cant even stand playing as that stupid pea headed whore.

I know they're trying to be corny with it, but its too much for me. godhand is better.

why is her head so frickin small
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote