Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #661
javi

Friend Code: 1246-9222-7767
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #662
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiuju2k View Post
I actually enjoy the RE movies far more than the games. Am I weird?
All the movies are far better than RE5.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #663
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
RE5 was horrid!

Fucking capcom ruined a great series with that horrible ending to Wesker!

Ada was working for someone other than wesker and now we will never know! Wesker was bringing back Umbrella and then we get fucking Tricell and just some lame survival of the fittest crap! KLJFKSLFNSKNFSKFNSKLN!

Did a fucking 13 year old write RE5! ALL MEN NEED LARGE MUSCLES! THEY'RE NOT HEROES WITHOUT MUSCLES!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #664
Alucard

They interviewed gears fans and thats what they came up with. Sold their millions so mindless RE with the SHITTEST Wesker ever to be seen in any game was made.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #665
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

I loved Resident Evil 5. Co-op is a blast and unlocking unlimited ammo for the weapons is very enjoyable too. I also liked past games in the series (and I'm playing through RE4 on 360 now), so nyah.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 AM   #666
Alucard

You like the OCD parts of RE5, not the actual game itself. The story is butchered to hell, the characters look kinda stupid, they totally ruined Wesker, it basically slapped every other RE game in the face.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #667
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Wesker was only ruined at the end. He was pretty awesome throughout, but then they made him go so out of character, rather than always staying very calm and collected through everything. Total shame too, Wesker is awesome.

As for the gameplay, it was basically just RE4 with a few added features which I really liked, like the quick weapon switching and co-op, so it's impossible to utterly hate if you liked 4. Just the storyline wasn't at all up to scratch, and the end was one of the worst endings since Far Cry 2.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #668
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Completely agreed with KoS. The games play almost exactly the same, except for much better controls/aiming and new features in RE5.

And you know, the story has been completely stupid in every Resident Evil I've played. 5's may actually be the worst, but I've never been able to take their writing/acting seriously in the first place.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 AM   #669
Alucard

The stories/acting were far better then the new one. Plus you probably played the game co-op so you missed out on half the shit that made the game crap. Namely the AI for Sheva. Rebecca was 100 times better in RE0, which is a far better RE game then RE4.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #670
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

I played through it co-op first and then single-player. But by the time I did single-player, I had great weapons, so babysitting Sheva wasn't a huge deal. Did you actually beat 5? If so, did you sample co-op too? Because the endgame content (maxed weapons) and partnering up just bring the game to life, and it's not like you have to miss out on all that.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #671
Alucard

I messed with co-op yeah. Did a few levels. I didnt like the game enough to bother finishing it though.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 AM   #672
calintz
thank you based god

going through co-op with maxed weapons was fun - seeing who could one-hit-kill rocket launcher the boss first made me lol
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #673
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
They interviewed gears fans and thats what they came up with. Sold their millions so mindless RE with the SHITTEST Wesker ever to be seen in any game was made.
What ruined the RE series after RE4 is Mikami leaving Capcom because they decided to port the GC exclusive to PS2. Supposedly he even said to ''cut his own head off'' if that ever happened, which he fortunately didn't do :p

The series was then taken over by Jun Takeuchi who doesn't know how to make a proper RE game or any good game for that matter(see Lost Planet). The fact that RE5 still plays so well just shows how brilliant RE4 is, they simply copy-pasted the entire design of that game and added nothing but laughable crap like a bloated steroid infused Chris and turning Wesker into a complete joke.

They then removed the entire atmosphere of the previous RE games(the sense of isolation and dread) and replaced it with some out of place tropical co-op mode. So yeah the fact that this stripped down version of RE4 is still(in parts) pretty good to play just shows how Mikami nailed the fundamentals of this sort of game.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #674
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
and the enemies and bosses in RE5 are mostly what really ruined it for me! look at the bosses in RE4, they were epic and always gave the feeling that you're fucking dead!... till you figure out the hard ones die easily just by buying the rocket launcher one use and then he's dead. Which is why I can beat the game pretty fast. Don't bother with upgrades, never use the ammo upgrade till you are out of ammo and it gives you free ammo! I only upgrade the weapons till the main ones that I use like the broken butterfly and striker. Striker cause it's last upgrade is 100 ammo clip! FOOOOK YAHHHHHHHH!

Just use the pistol to make them fall over and then knife away at them all!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #675
Nem
Awakening

Really i dont understand how you can criticize the game because you take advantage of its mechanics. No one is forcing you to use that strategy.

Now, when you say the characters or story were bad i can understand, though i did enjoy the game alot on co-op.
I just never understood why they felt the need to replace Jill with Sheva (and made Jill blond over that! She looks Nothing like her RE3 version wich was the game in wich she was the main character).

My problem with the series is that i dont like Leon post RE2, and im guessing he is gonna return on RE6 with some new female character aswell.

I want Claire back. Both games with Claire in them rocked. Best ones in the series for me (RE2 and CV).