The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #1366
Soba
:D

Nope, but I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #1367
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
I wonder if Assassin's Creed took anything from it.
Actually UBI Soft brought the developer Microids back in the PS2 days. Go figure.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #1368
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
I wonder if Assassin's Creed took anything from it.
Not anything that didn't suck.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #1369
NES4EVER
Gibby

Some items that picked up this week.

Mint copy of FF Anthology $

Blast Works looked cool & became my 100th Wii title

Some really good SNES/Sega games I never owned (only rented as a kid)

Bunch of mediocre xbox/ps2/psp titles... CE WWE PS3 game from Sears for $7 new

Transformers from Gamestop w/Shockwave code $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Unfortunately 120hz TVs also have motion flow/motion plus modes that assrape your video. Leave it off at all times unless you like your movies looking like they were shot with a Sony Handicam.
Good to know since I most likely wouldn't have ever checked this setting, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Those first 3 points are good, but you can side step them easily. You can think of it as no different to collecting your nes/saturn games etc. Once the hardware unit you have dies you wont be able to play them ever again unless you replace it. When it comes to older games MOST can be made to work on current OS's. But an easy way to sidestep all of that for older games is to either build a specific pc yourself or get a laptop. Now on one of these you can install multiple OS' onto it. While it boots up if you want to play an old game that ONLY works on XP, which is rare, you can boot up in XP. From there you can play on the monitor or connect it to your TV through hdmi/svideo/whatever and play like that. You can even use emulators to play your older systems so you dont wear them out. And you dont need to buy the greatest hardware around. My 3 year old hardware is still pumping out max detail smoothly in almost every game. Theres video cards that are triple the power of my current ones and they cost like $100.

As for multiplayer thats a different story. Single player games are billions in number. Plus I'm sure not all your online gaming is exclusively with only people on your friends list. And unlike the consoles we can choose specific servers we want on the PC where we know good players go or retards get banned from etc so we enjoy our time more, which is what I do on the pc.

That tv though is a great one. The 600series is a really good line from samsung. Excellent choice. Did you get any deals with it? For example over here samsung is giving away special things with each line of tv from 500 series and up. Like 500 gets a bluray player, 600 gets a home theatre setup etc. The sony tv I bought came with a free ps3 slim. Panasoic is giving away bluray players. I cant remember what the other brands were doing.
The only thing I've wanted to build as far as PC's go is a good MAME machine. I have several old towers and laptops in storage just lack the energy to invest the time at the moment. As for older PC games that I miss playing, I may build a dedicated 90's tower sometime for those but will likely not get back into modern gaming on the PC.

I agree the servers, mods & community of PC versions tend to be better but I've been happy enough with the current gen PSN/XBL service. It does piss me off when Sony/EA/MS etc.. pull the plug on servers/support on some games though. I still played Halo2 & Timesplitters FP randomly with friends until the servers went down.

I didn't really get any deals with the Samsung. It was $1,423.xx with free shipping but I didn't want to hold out waiting for a sweet deal becuase I don't feel like relocating our dining room TV again and just wanted a replacement asap. I love our other LCD Samsung and should have just went with this model in the first place instead of trying to save $300 by buying that RCA.. oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc2049 View Post
What NES4Ever needs to do is ditch that Odyssey, TI-994a and Vic-20 that he has and buy an Atari XE Game System. The Atari 8-bit computers had hundreds of games released on cart. Then if you want, you can get a disk drive and have access to hundreds more disk based 8-bit computer games.
I may get back into hardcore vintage collecting again someday, and the XE has caught my eye in the past but just like the TG-16, which would be a higher priority than the atari, I can't bring myself to taking on another system to "gather for" right now.

No way I'd ditch my TI though..
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
NES4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #1370
GrantXP

I purchased Alan Wake and Sonic All Stars Racing for the 360 last week. Impressed with Sonic Racing, better than Mario Kart IMO and a laugh with mates. However I need to stop buying games as I have so many still in their plastic covers. Will pick up Red Dead Redemption sometime and the Dreamcast 360 titles...
Grant's latest reviews - Click Here Latest Review: Bioshock (Xbox 360)
GrantXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #1371
Alucard

Dude, FM10 for iphone? NO!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #1372
GrantXP

It's not too bad. Only issue I have with it is you seem to have no real baring on the game, the other thing of course is the fact that the goals are pretty much all headers...
Grant's latest reviews - Click Here Latest Review: Bioshock (Xbox 360)
GrantXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #1373
progmetal
!

Click for full size

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #1374
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS
Transformers: War for Cybertron PS3

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #1375
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Hey Prog, What's that RUSH BD all about? You have my attention. I love RUSH and am sad I'm not going to make it to the concert this fall here in the USA.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #1376
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Rush tours every other year, so don't feel too bad. That BD is a documentary-type movie released earlier this year. It was on Showtime or some other cable channel this past weekend. You should just go out and buy it. Don't ask any questions. You won't regret it. Errr, wait... you don't like movies. Maybe buy the book instead!

Seriously, though, it is released tomorrow. Buy it from Amazon for $16.

More info here:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rush-B...1251/#Overview
It's only 60 minutes long, sadly.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #1377
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

That Rush cover reminds me of the production photos for The Wiggles.

They're not as shaggy and unkempt, but otherwise it's pretty much the same.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #1378
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Thanks Joe for stepping up and taking my question. I might buy it as I like a good interview with people that interest me. Even if it is a interview on film and not a book. Books rule and movies drool.
The reason I am sad about not seeing RUSH this year is because they are doing an old set from when there music really really kicked ass. Next tour will be based on a mostly boring new CD.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #1379
Joe Redifer
Olé!

You better decide whether to buy it or not. If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Just go to the concert this year!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #1380
Soba
:D

I bought Sonic Unleashed and Arkham Asylum (both PS3) for my dad, and Shinobi for Master System for me.