The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #5746
Drunken Savior

Phew...a lot of things...

Civ VI Anniversary Edition. Since I'm a huge Civ fan, I'm pretty excited about this. But I'm not gonna open it until about one day after launch to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the game first, but I doubt this is gonna be another No Man's Sky...also helps that a ton of people got early access to the game and streamed it, so PC critics have already had a chance to tear it apart and it hasn't happened yet.

I am Setsuna. Kinda bedridden for a few weeks due to an injury, so I wanted something I can easily play with a controller. So far I'm liking it, though the soundtrack actually kinda bothers me. Way too much overbearing piano. I had to turn the BGM down to 40% or so to make it feel normal.

And a bunch of board games:

These last two were gifts to me from my Reddit /r/boardgames Secret Santa:

Lastly, I noticed when I went to Costco that they occasionally mislabel their beef cuts. Often you'll see Choice cuts (or even low grade Prime cuts) packaged as lower-quality Select cuts. So I always get my steaks there. Well we had steaks a few nights ago that I grilled up. They were about 1" thick NY Strips. 5m on one side, 3.5m on the other. Perfect medium-rare, very very juicy yet fell apart in your mouth as you chewed. So good that I didn't even cut well all the way through and it still began to fell apart as I displayed it.

Also, garlic buttered steamed green beans and sour cream+chives mashed potatoes are my go to for steak sides.

Now I'm hungry again...

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #5747
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Almost forgot people still buy physical copies of PC games now a days. I haven't purchased a box copy for a PC game for over.. almost a decade.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #5748
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano Fox View Post
Almost forgot people still buy physical copies of PC games now a days. I haven't purchased a box copy for a PC game for over.. almost a decade.
It's usually because a) It's cheaper due to me getting Best Buy's GCU discount and points towards gift cards and/or, b) displayable (like Blizzard games).

9/10 physical PC games I buy I open, type in the code, download the game, and mothball the box and never look at it again. I have a big plastic tub of PC games and BluRays that I just kinda 'keep' around in the garage with about 10 or so other plastic tubs full of old PC components (GPUs, CPUs, keyboards, mice, USB cord, molex, SATA cables, old ass hardware like my Dexdrive).

[Edit] Also forgot that I got this awhile back!

And it weirds Esca out when he sees me playing it haha.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 10-24-2016, 12:27 AM   #5749
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Haven't updated in a while. I bought some games.

[/url]

And a ticket to Japan for Halloween!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.

Last edited by Einhander; 10-31-2016 at 12:48 AM.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:52 AM   #5750
Drunken Savior

Still not too late to return No Man's Sky. Glad I didn't let myself get rolled into the hype on that one.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 10-24-2016, 04:19 AM   #5751
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
Still not too late to return No Man's Sky. Glad I didn't let myself get rolled into the hype on that one.
Don't you mean the BEST GAME EVER!....... lol people and their hype. The trailers were boring to the game, so of course it was going to be a bad game.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:29 AM   #5752
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Don't you mean the BEST GAME EVER!....... lol people and their hype. The trailers were boring to the game, so of course it was going to be a bad game.
I still have my copy of Civ VI in the box on my desk, if I don't hear anything really bad about it by Wednesday, I'm guessing it's good to go. Otherwise I'm returning that bad boy. But I'm guessing from the lack of outcry that any negatives are minor and aren't too impactful.

I'm feeling the same way about Titanfall 2. Gonna pre-order the game from Best Buy (it's like $38) and hold off on opening it over the weekend so I can return it if it's got problems.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #5753
Einhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
I honestly didn't pay attention to it at all before its release.

I only bought it on a whim once I heard people complaining about the MP not being there. I thought it was a MP only game so when I found out it was SP, I bought it immediately.

For what it is....it's okay, but I had no hype or expectations going into it, so I wasn't disappointed.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:03 PM   #5754
Drunken Savior

$38 after BB GCU and a $10 gift card. So far the single player campaign is pretty fun. Don't have much time right now to delve deep into it. Was gonna wait, but the responses is that it's a vast improvement over the first, the campaign is fun, and the game runs well on PC (easily getting 60+ fps with all the settings set to max at 1440p).

Was on sale for the Steam Halloween sale. Used a Visa Checkout deal to get this (and the Mike Myers DLC) for $5. Full price would be $26.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 10-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #5755
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I got Corpse Party for the 3DS and a Raspberry Pi 3 and turned it into a emulation machine for older games. I got every single NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy/color, GBA, Master System, Game Gear, etc. That has been released over in NA and a few rom hacks with English translations, like Secret of Mana 3 for Super Famicom.

It's awesome! love it. Sucks that the Mame emulators on it can't play a lot of the games that were released.
Spider-man the arcade game doesn't work on it!
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #5756
Drunken Savior

I forgot I got two more things:

Click for full size

The new Xbox One controller that comes with the Xbox One S. Paired easily with my PC vis bluetooth. Got it working with the Steamlink too. Finally, wireless Xbox One controllers on Steamlink!

Click for full size

Got myself a Steam controller too, mostly just to round out this gen's controllers (Wii U Pro Controller, Xbox One Controller, Dualshock 4, and Steam controller). Want to try this out with Civ on the couch and see if this controller can serve as a worthy supplement for the Xbox One controller, which is my main controller.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 10-31-2016, 12:47 AM   #5757
Einhander

Games!

Couple from Play Asia and I picked up a Slime and the Okami ost in Japan!

A Halloween costume!

Old 10-31-2016, 05:32 PM   #5758
bujeezus

DS let me know what you think of the Steam Link and controller. I've been eyeing those for a while for couch gaming.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:52 PM   #5759
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
DS let me know what you think of the Steam Link and controller. I've been eyeing those for a while for couch gaming.
I've had the Steam Link for awhile and it runs very well when it's wired. I made sure it was all Cat5e (even though it's only got a 100BASE port) and was able to play MGSV easily on my couch without a single hiccup. On wireless, I was able to play but with some hiccups and stuttering. Same thing when using powerline adapters. Really, wired connections is the only way to go.

As for the Steam Controller, I'm eager to try it out! I wanna get some playtime on Civ VI with it, since I anticipate using it for games where using joysticks isn't optimal, like Civ and This War of Mine. A supplement to traditional controllers.

Speaking of, I got the new Xbox One S Controller to successfully pair wirelessly to the Steamlink, so that's finally an option! Up til this point, it was impossible to use one wirelessly with the Steamlink, since the older Xbox One controllers didn't have bluetooth.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 11-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #5760
Nem
Smash bro!

I got a PS4 Pro with a trade in. I'm happy and embarassed at the same time. But if it gives me 1080p/60 fps, its worth it. FFXV is bringing that and hopefully more follow suit.