The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #1741
Alucard

I'd actually argue that. The iphone has a fair amount of excellent games on it. And I mean proper games, not throw paper in a bin game.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:30 AM   #1742
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Well then recommend some!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #1743
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(•̀ω•́ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Is is worth it to upgrade from iPod Touch 3rd Gen to this 4th Gen ? The HD camera sounds cool.

But I've just bought iPod Touch 3rd Gen less than two months ago !
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #1744
Alucard

I'm not trawling the list of games for you. I'll do that after I buy my iphone and grab the games I was interested in that I've forgotten because my brain can only hold a select amount of memory for so long.

New itouch just has a better screen, slimmer, and random other small changes. Best part would be the screen and size.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #1745
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
and the A4 processor that runs everything faster.

I don't know if they all do this, but does anyone else's ipod touch get hot after a while of using it?

But if you have the 3rd gen, just wait it out for a even newer one if you feel the urge to splurge on it.

There isn't that much of a difference that you will probably use it enough to spend another 300 dollars for it.

I don't own any ipods before this, so to me it was worth it to start here. Since I also don't own any mp3 players at all and the only thing close to that is my PSP but that thing is large to take everywhere with you.

I love the sales men when I asked if they came out yet, he actually thinks he talked me into getting one even tho I was going to buy one anyways and all the crap he tried to sell me and I was like whyyyy would I spend 120 dollars on warranty for 3 years when by 3 years the EVEN better ipod touch will be out and I could just upgrade to that if it ever breaks on me and then he tried to say well the warranty can be transferred over! but by 3 years time, they probably will have just stolen my money
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #1746
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(•̀ω•́ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Every hardware revision of Apple products are always irked me

Like this new 4th Gen of iPod Touch. I've seen the recording video of iPod 4 and I must say I'm impressed with the 720p quality of it (consider the small cam it had).

I'm assuming the same quality is in iPod Touch 4th Gen as well.
Currently Playing : Eternal Sonata [PS3]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #1747
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I don't know if they all do this, but does anyone else's ipod touch get hot after a while of using it?
I will be able to tell you in 3 weeks, I'll be getting one for my birthday. I've even purchased a couple games already as they've gone on sale.

I wanted an phoneless iPhone 4, but the new Touch will have to do. Next year I will probably just sell it for the newer one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Well then recommend some!
Dodonpachi Resurrection!!!

Last edited by Seraph; 09-09-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #1748
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

One of us!

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation,
The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #1749
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Watch it on the Segs games for iphone. The control isn't the best. Try before you buy.

Sega just had a sale and I bought Shining Force for $1. Since it's a RPG, sluggish controls wouldn't be an issue. Phantasy Star 2 is also out on the iphone.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #1750
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I think it's the processor that gets hot, it doesn't get intense hot, just warmer when using the higher end stuff on the ipod. Playing music for example doesn't cause it to get warmer.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #1751
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

In the post:
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:19 AM   #1752
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Seraph, an iPod Touch is exactly that... an iPhone without the phone (only thinner).
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #1753
spider-prime

the spider-man game on the app store is actually really good... now if only it didn't have touch screen buttons.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #1754
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
One of us!
I just can’t hold back any longer!!! I once laughed at the idea of the iPhone/iPod giving anything more than cheap flash game experiences, but it’s actually getting some good support. Final Fantasy Tactics comes out next week and Chu Chu Rocket was just announced too!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc2049 View Post
Watch it on the Segs games for iphone. The control isn't the best. Try before you buy.

Sega just had a sale and I bought Shining Force for $1. Since it's a RPG, sluggish controls wouldn't be an issue. Phantasy Star 2 is also out on the iphone.
I tried both Sonic and Monkey Ball in the Apple store before I purchased them. The controls in Sonic take a bit to get used to but after a while I got very comfortable and was making almost no mistakes. I got all the way to Metropolis Zone before I decided to quit (because I hate that zone). I guess on screen d-pads don’t bother me as much as they do other people. Monkey Ball is all tilt controlled which, I know Joe will disagree with me, is my most preferred way to play the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Seraph, an iPod Touch is exactly that... an iPhone without the phone (only thinner).
Not exactly. The Touch has always had lacked one feature or another that the current iPhone had. It’s just that this year it’s much wider of a gap.

I played with an iPhone 4 in the apple store (for about 2 hours…) and it is an huge upgrade compared to the previous model. I was really disappointed that the new Touch didn’t receive as substantial of an upgrade. The Screen, Cameras, RAM, and case design all are lacking when compared to the iPhone 4. However I’m tired of holding out for Apple to make a feature-for-feature phoneless iPhone and figure it’s a good time to bite. I tried one of the new ones out Wednesday and it's still pretty slick.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #1755
Northeastmonk

The new Medal of Honor - PS3

Amazon has .99 cent Release Date deliveries. Such a great deal if its on 2011 titles.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote