Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 03-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Settle for less: Rock Band on Wii official details

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2008/3/24-33

Rock Band announced for the Wii

It's been talked about since last year, but today, EA and Harmonix finally made it official. Rock Band is coming to the Wii, this summer.

The developer has already confirmed the game will not use the Wii-motes, and the instruments will be the same stand-alone types available on the PS3/Xbox 360/PS2. Also unfortunately confirmed is that there will be no downloadable content nor online play.

Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a division of MTV Networks, which is a division of Viacom, along with distribution partner Electronic Arts, Inc., today announced plans to release the award-winning music video game Rock Band on the Wii home video game system from Nintendo in the U.S. and Canada on June 22, 2008 for the suggested retail price of $169.99.

Rock Band for Wii will be released as a Special Edition bundle including the software, drums, microphone and a wireless guitar. Stand alone instruments will also be available on June 22nd for people who want to build their band one instrument at a time or want to play the drum versus drum game mode. The game will feature 63 songs including five bonus songs for Wii gamers to enjoy.

"The Wii's success among casual and core gamers of all ages makes it an ideal match for the cross-generational appeal of the music featured in Rock Band," says Bob Picunko, Vice President of Electronic Games and Interactive Products, MTV

"The social interaction and addictive nature of the Rock Band experience is a perfect fit for the Wii and will undoubtedly be fun for the entire family," says Steve Singer, licensing VP from Nintendo.

Rock Band is an all-new platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music like never before. The game challenges players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune all while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals. Featuring the most master recordings of any music game ever by the world's biggest rock artists, Rock Band includes tracks that span every genre of rock ranging from alternative and classic rock to heavy metal and punk. Rock Band has garnered over 40 awards this year including Game Critics Award: Best of Show E3 2007 and three awards at The 11th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards including Outstanding Innovation in Gaming, Family Game of the Year, and Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack.

Rock Band is rated "T" for Teen (lyrics, mild suggestive themes) by the ESRB.
WTF is this shit. I'm pissed that the Wii gets shafted, but I'm also pissed that people buy it, regardless. If you wonder why 3rd parties are ignoring the Wii for their premiere games, this is why. Despite this version of Rock Band being, graphics notwithstanding, a vastly inferior version in comparison to the 360 or the PS3, it'll sell and perpetuate the releasing of shit on the Wii. And it's not the gamer's fault, it's all those dumbass 'mom and pop' gamers who are screwing the Wii over. Publishers know they will settle for less and that they all flocked to the Wii.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

you cannot download songs.... that like the main reason this game was so good, we tired of the songs it came with very fast, the wii doesnt even get the mars volta! NOO!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Yeah this is bullshit. The game's no good with downloadable songs.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I bet the songs that are downloadable only will be on a "expansion" game disc later on for all the systems.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Reality
Sin and Punishment

As long as you sell to a market that thinks Wii Sports is the greatest game ever made, you can do pretty much anything.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
As long as you sell to a market that thinks Wii Sports is the greatest game ever made, you can do pretty much anything.
For the same MSRP as the real 360/PS3 versions, no less!

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Don't you understand? "Motion Control" is the future!
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshugana View Post
you cannot download songs.... that like the main reason this game was so good, we tired of the songs it came with very fast, the wii doesnt even get the mars volta! NOO!
Bedhlam is garbage noise anyway. Their only good album was deloused.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I was more or less making fun of Time Magazine.

Quote:
"Wii Sports, a collection of cartoonish tennis, baseball, bowling, golf and boxing scenarios, comes with the system. I had presumed that it was merely an elaborate demonstration of the Wii Remote, which responds to natural motions rather than arcane button combinations. I discovered quickly that it might be the greatest videogame ever made."
That was their impression of the system/game before it launched. Nothing but worthless hype. It may have true meaning to the editor. Motion does add to the sensation of sports play but greatest game ever made is some honor to give to a guy who probably only plays games that are sent to him for free to later be praised in his articles.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
pinoy929
Roll canceller

Shit is gay. How big is one DLC song on Rock Band? What, like 20MB, maybe 100MB at most? C'mon now. My friend downloaded one song from Rock Band and it didnt take more than 5 minutes so it can't be that big.

The biggest things about Rock Band were gameplay and DLC. Character creation was just a filler, so if Rock Band Wii doesnt have DLC, its a shitty port.

- Seraph830
pinoy929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy929 View Post
Shit is gay. How big is one DLC song on Rock Band? What, like 20MB, maybe 100MB at most? C'mon now. My friend downloaded one song from Rock Band and it didnt take more than 5 minutes so it can't be that big.

The biggest things about Rock Band were gameplay and DLC. Character creation was just a filler, so if Rock Band Wii doesnt have DLC, its a shitty port.
You forget that stuff like that dl's directly to the wii's internal HD and not an SD card. Placing it on an SD card is like asking for piracy.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #12
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Not only that but Wii doesn't read data directly off SD cards to my understanding. SD cards are used mostly as data holders for things you don't use daily.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #13
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
Bedhlam is garbage noise anyway. Their only good album was deloused.
cool
Old 03-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #14
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshugana View Post
cool
do you agree?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
do you agree?
my favorite albums by them are in this order

frances the mute
deloused in the commatorium
amputechture
the bedlam in goliath

i enjoy all four, with bedlam i was against it completely because they lost jon theodore who was key. i listened to it about 10 times in a row, and i loved it. then i went thru a period where i thought it sucked because its all fast music , they cut out the slow jams and it sounds more commercial.my opinions now, i think its an excellent album. i hear the noise thing alot from people,but i dont hear the noise thing in their music. maybe its because i listen to it so much i can pick apart all the instruments, maybe it comes from just drilling songs in your head when your trying to learn to play them. who knows. i do think they can go overboard with the " trippy" shit that has no relation to actual music tho. those parts i usually skip. that being said, the mars volta are probally my current favorite band. thats not saying much because i get attached to muscians easily. but ive been listening to them for like 5 or 6 years now and i still feel the same about them so with them, for me, its not a passing phase. im not saying they are the greatest band or the best musicians....just my favorite.