The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-05-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Alucard

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War - Soulstorm gold

Quote:
THQ Inc. today announced that Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm, the next hybrid standalone expansion in Relic Entertainment’s critically acclaimed Dawn of War Real-Time Strategy (RTS) franchise, has shipped exclusively for Windows PC to retail outlets worldwide. Featuring an intense interplanetary campaign along with the debut of air units, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm delivers an immersive strategic experience with two new armies for an unprecedented total of nine playable factions. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm is now available for a suggested retail price of $39.99.

“As one of the best-selling RTS series, the Dawn of War franchise is renowned for its intense action oriented gameplay,” said Brad Carraway, director, global brand management, THQ. “As the next Dawn of War chapter, Soulstorm takes it to next level, offering RTS gamers an unprecedented depth of gameplay with nine playable armies and air units, and the ability to play Soulstorm by itself, or extend their multiplayer experience if played with any of the other games in the Dawn of War series.”

“In Dawn of War – Soulstorm, we’re giving fans an incredible amount of new content with two all-new races and an extensive campaign across an entire star system,” said Tarrnie Williams, general manager, Relic Entertainment. “With the debut of air units across all the armies and multiplayer achievements, we’ve given players of all levels a tremendous amount of strategic options to experience.”
Go get it you dawn of war whores
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
flowForth
Programmer

I own DoW and all of the prior expansions and I'll be getting this one as well soon enough. The game was let down by a few nagging issues but my friends and I enjoyed it nonetheless (we loved it actually). It was a fresh take on the RTS genre with several decent ideas. I would recommend it to any RTS fan, and Warhammer buffs should also give this a go.

Last edited by flowForth; 03-05-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Additions to post.
flowForth is offline   Reply With Quote