The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 12-22-2002, 10:30 PM   #1
MermaidOfZeboim

Should Final Fantasy X-2 have any male leads?

I think it's cool just having Yuna, Rikku and Paine. I thought the third character(Paine) might be Dona from FFX.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 11:08 PM   #2
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Re: Should Final Fantasy X-2 have any male leads?

Quote:
Originally posted by MermaidOfZeboim

I think it's cool just having Yuna, Rikku and Paine. I thought the third character(Paine) might be Dona from FFX.
Its a chicks shindig, so boys aren't invited or allowed, much like DOAX. ;)
Black Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:27 AM   #3
camac
I feel so good.

it's obvious square is just using the characters sex appeal to guys... lol a little cheesy but if it works its ok by me.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:17 PM   #4
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

I would prefer to see at least one male character among the team. I mean, the game feel like the japanese version of Charlie Angels
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:43 PM   #5
Alucard

Well I dont mind. But you watch the amount of people who go WHAT FOR I DONT WANNA PLAY A GIRL THAT SUCKS I LIKE TO ROLEPLAY MY CHARATCER NOT BE FEMALE GRARR GRARR... I've had that sort of conversation with multiple people. One person refuses to even touch a game where the main character is female.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 05:16 PM   #6
Twelve
Sky is gone; 12 is HERE!

I don't know...if she's cool, I'm down with that. But I would have a hard time if there's a deep romantic story from her point of view....kind of makes me feel uncomfortable....(grin)

Old 12-23-2002, 06:45 PM   #7
Cobi*
renegade

personally i think it's cooler that they finally have females in the lead roles (i'm a guy btw). i'm a little shocked by there being all female leads though. either way, i'm just glad that we finally get a different storyline starter. i was getting a little sick of playing the male lead architype square has used since ffvii.

it makes no sense not to play a game just because you are a guy and the game has a female lead. i've never imagined myself as any of the leads in ff, much less any other game i've played. i simply identify with certain aspects of them.

it's not about you because the story is not made for you.
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 07:57 PM   #8
Dark-SMOKU
find him Dead Or Alive...

I'm gonna pass this game, not because it's only females in the game (That might be a reason though, kinda weird), but because FFX...I hated it, didn't like it at all. That counts me out for the sequel! I will be picking up FF:CC instead but that's just me hehe!!!
FF Tactics Advance(GBA), DBZ: Budokai(GC), Tales of Symphonia(GC),
MGS: The Twin Snakes(GC), MGS3:Snake Eater(PS2)
Wishful List:
Golden Sun Trilogy
New DBZ game
Continuation of celda series. (Adult celda LINK!)
Dark-SMOKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 08:43 PM   #9
flamingspiral
Watch Out!

...yeah, you and about 50,000 other GameCube fanboys.

I personally loved Final Fantasy X, so I'm really anticipating this game. My hype for Final Fantasy X-2 rises every time I hear something innovation about this game.
flamingspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:23 PM   #10
Alucard

I thought the story was excellent. But again I am looking forward to FF:CC MUCH MORE then FFX-2. I may skip the game simply because the actual world its based in isn't that exciting. And Yuna..god I hate her. I may change my mind on the game when more details pop out but for now it has zero attraction to me.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:27 PM   #11
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

I won't be getting FF:CC, why? It's going to be a button mash FF, and aside from Kingdom Hearts, I dispise hack and slash RPGs, I don't even feel they deserve to be called RPGs.

Back to the topic though, no, FFX-2 doesn't need any Male leads.... why? Because theres always been a Male lead in FF games, why not give the female side of humanity a chance to shine. As for the Square using sex appeal, um, if I'm not mistaken folks it's 2003, women aren't whores or sluts if they wear tight fitting or skimmpy clothing, and for that matter, I think Yuna was hugely over dressed in FFX for the kind of world she lived in, i'm sure it came in handy for the 10 percent of her pilgrimage that she was in the ice territory, but you've got to know she sweated her behind off the rest of the time.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:43 PM   #12
Alucard

Well she was a priestess. They normally wear lots of clothing. And I dont think she wore THAT much. And theres a fine line to skimpy and slutty. The characters are bording on the slutty side. I mean look at Paine. Leather straps and stuff? At least she shows less then Rikku does.

I dont think FF:CC is a button masher. After looking at that new clip for the combat, I think it might be a cross with the Tales of Destiny games, where depending what direction or button you use there is a corresponding action associated with it. Thats my theory. But it didn';t look like your regular button mashing game since the combat was fixed in one area.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:56 AM   #13
Dark-SMOKU
find him Dead Or Alive...

what the heck Jules? Why am I considered fanboy? I'm just posting my opinion, is that so fanboyish? By the way I do own a PS2 and FF:CC just looks more appealing. Is that so wrong?
FF Tactics Advance(GBA), DBZ: Budokai(GC), Tales of Symphonia(GC),
MGS: The Twin Snakes(GC), MGS3:Snake Eater(PS2)
Wishful List:
Golden Sun Trilogy
New DBZ game
Continuation of celda series. (Adult celda LINK!)
Dark-SMOKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:04 AM   #14
MermaidOfZeboim

Yay! I'm so happy a lot of people responded to my topic!

I personally like the whole, all girls action, and it doesn't bother. I prefer to play as girls most of the time (I'm a guy also).
I think they should save the male leads for the next game. It would be cool if it was just the three right now.

Onto the skimpy topic, look at Lara Croft! She has like a double-E cup size, and she wears practically nothing. At least the girls in FFX-2 are a little...smaller... It's not so much like a striptease. I will admit it may be a little odd in the CG movies, because well, they make them as human as possible. But anyways...

I am getting a Gamecube for Christmas, and I have PS2, so I think I might get FF:CC. It looks okay, but I'll miss the whole hit-points concept.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:11 AM   #15
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

FFX2 look great, no doubt about it. As Yuna being the lead character,again, this is great to see some change. And even if she did really get on my nerve in the original FFX, I think they did a really good job in the design dept. for the sequel.

I only which that these three girls aren't only the playable s characters on the game.
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote