The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-15-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
Alucard

World in Conflict coming to ps3/360

Some of you probably dont know what this game is. Ok probably most of you. If you had any love for games instead of platforms you'd already know this is one of the best RTS games ever made. I'm not exactly sure what they plan to change for the console ports, but they're gonna do something for sure. And I'm interested to see what they do about the graphics. That game needed a beast of a system to play on.

Quote:
Sierra Entertainment, a division of Vivendi Games, announced today that World in Conflict – the groundbreaking action-strategy game that claimed the coveted E3 2007 Game Critics “Best Strategy Game” award and topped many “Best of 2007” lists – will appear on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system this autumn.

The World in Conflict game for Xbox 360 and the PLAYSTATION 3 system is being developed by Massive Entertainment in conjunction with Sierra’s-own Swordfish Studios.

“World in Conflict was one of the best games on any platform in 2007 and its innovative action-focused gameplay makes it a perfect fit for the transition to consoles,” said Martin Tremblay, president of worldwide studios, Sierra Entertainment. “World in Conflict is being reinvented for Xbox 360 and the PLAYSTATION 3 system, with innovative features and new single player and multiplayer content created for the console audience. World in Conflict on consoles will be an amazing extension of an already great gaming franchise.”

World in Conflict is a true genre-bender, effectively carving out an entirely new “Action-Strategy” category which appeals to all kinds of video game players, from action junkies through first-person-shooter enthusiasts to strategy purists.

The unique cross-genre design and universal appeal is what led global media to make World in Conflict the most critically lauded strategy game of 2007. The game collected a clean sweep of “Best Strategy Game” awards from E3 2007, countless “Editor’s Choice” awards from the world’s top reviewers, and was the clear choice for “Best Strategy Game of 2007” during the end-of-year awards season. In addition, the game received several additional “Best of 2007” awards and nominations in categories that included “Best PC Game,” “Best Graphics,” “Best Multiplayer,” “Most Innovative,” and more.

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Kiryu1985
Communist

So is this point and click, or do you actually get to jump into a tank and drive?

looks alot like Mercenaries 2
Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
Alucard

Its an isometric game. You control the units like an rts. You dont actually build bases though but call in units which are dropped off via helicopter. Its quite strategic since you can do alot of things with the units in terms of patrolling and attack tactics. Plus everything in the stages are destructable. The coolest thing about the game is how it looks. Its like a board game with a shitload of detail when you have it turned up to max. Its lush.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Alexander
I speak with codes.

I played it and loved it.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
Chronos
fuggit

One of my favorite games...the teamplay is just amazing. I make sure I at least get one game of WiC in a day. My favorite class is good ole' infantry but air if you're playing with a friend who's AA/support is made of win.

Mass Gate servers (PC version) are super fast as well. I can play with anyone in the world, including russia (those russian clans are siiiick).

if anyone wants to play the pc version holler@me.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:10 AM   #6
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Any word on mouse support for the PS3?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #7
Alucard

Good luck
Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Good luck
Please please don't say that to me...... After the last couple of months I've had *shudder*

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #9
Alucard

GOOD!! LUCK!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

looks interesting.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote