The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 08-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #31
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Well, when I come back from vacation in three days I'll have a review for FM4 up. Just a heads up, after playing FM3, my grading of FM4 is going to be a bit harsh.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #32
Alucard

So the one on the DS is FM1 right? Good story is it? Depth? Worth playing yes?
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #33
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
So the one on the DS is FM1 right? Good story is it? Depth? Worth playing yes?
Its worth playing, the story is good. But the gameplay itself lacks any sort of difficulty. Also FM1 sets up the entire story because characters come back in the next games.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #34
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
Well, when I come back from vacation in three days I'll have a review for FM4 up. Just a heads up, after playing FM3, my grading of FM4 is going to be a bit harsh.
Yeah... FM4 was nowhere near as good.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #35
shaselai
RPG Fanboy

Is Dissidia worth playing? The gamestop guy told me the US version kinda ruined the Japanese version..not sure if it is true or not?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #36
Seraph
>:3

Thats kinda funny because the US version only added features. Japan is actually getting a second release of the game with all the extra features we got.

Unless the gamestop guy was some weaboo...
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #37
shaselai
RPG Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
Thats kinda funny because the US version only added features. Japan is actually getting a second release of the game with all the extra features we got.

Unless the gamestop guy was some weaboo...
maybe. I might still get it since i will be going to boringtown (my sister's place) next week. There's like nothing to do there - no fun stuff at all and her daughter hates me for some reason...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #38
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

I actually have not gotten a chance to play Dissidia, I've been too busy playing MS Saga, which I got for $10 US at Gamestop last week. I'm going to review that instead of FM4, because FM4 was a great disappointment.

To summarize, FM4 not only had poor visuals for a Squeenix game but had poor US voice acting as well. If they had just left the game silent as in only text it would have been much better. Not to mention that after being a rogue faction in FM3 going back to being military dogs in FM4 was a letdown. The branching storyline was good until it forced both sides of the storyline together into one team and made you choose units every mission after. The music was also forgettable, as I do not remember liking any of it.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #39
shaselai
RPG Fanboy

Quote:
I actually have not gotten a chance to play Dissidia, I've been too busy playing MS Saga, which I got for $10 US at Gamestop last week. I'm going to review that instead of FM4, because FM4 was a great disappointment.

To summarize, FM4 not only had poor visuals for a Squeenix game but had poor US voice acting as well. If they had just left the game silent as in only text it would have been much better. Not to mention that after being a rogue faction in FM3 going back to being military dogs in FM4 was a letdown. The branching storyline was good until it forced both sides of the storyline together into one team and made you choose units every mission after. The music was also forgettable, as I do not remember liking any of it.
yeah FM4 sucked.... dont like the character faces either... FM5 is a great game though - memorable and good looking chars
Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #40
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
yeah FM4 sucked.... dont like the character faces either... FM5 is a great game though - memorable and good looking chars
If I had a knowledge of moon language I would play it.

I know I have been a bit slow on reviews lately but I'd like to take the time to ask that anyone PM me with requests on what to review, they can be requests for future games that haven't come out yet or recent games that have just come out. Keep in mind I have a PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, and a high end PC.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #41
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

MS Saga AKA The game of badassness. (PS2)

Oh no it's a Gundam! No it ain't silly its just mere cannon fodder.

My Bias: I'm a big Gundam fan, BIG, LIKE DAI DAI SUPER MEGA GUNDAM FAN.

Story: Hah. Story. This game doesn't have a story worth mentioning. Its atypical J-mech fair. You find a girl with amnesia inside an abandoned space ship while on a quest for revenge against a red mobile suit that burned down your orphanage. I'd like to take this chance to point out that there is nothing to gain from destroying an orphanage other than proving how sinister and evil you can truly be.

Along the way you find the faction responsible for killing your caretaker and forcing you to shoulder the burdens of everyone you meet like a "good" kid. All while picking up some of the coolest Gundams and cannon fodder mechs from great MS series like Zeta, Gundam, and ZZ. Wing can go fuck itself, because god did it suck.

The dialogue is painful, but painful in a hilarious way. Watching the main character Tristan rush head long into everything and being a single-minded idiot is fascinating.

Omg he attacked the Orpanage!

Lo and behold there is a predictable twist in the plot and you face the "real" enemy. Sound familiar? It will if you've seen Gundam X or Gundam Wing.

System: The battle system is where this game really shines. You can get lost for hours customizing the different looks of your mechs and giving them just the right weapons for the job. Each mech has its own X by X inventory system for weapons to limit what can and can't be equipped in order for the Canon of the Gundam universe to be preserved. You can also switch out the arms and legs and add accessory items to each gundam.

LOL I gave a GM Hizack wings o boi

The battle system is even better. Each boss is very hard. Like painfully difficult. To counter this the game has a boost system. Meaning each weapon you use has an amount of energy it eats up from your total. Energy does refill after every turn and can accumulate allowing you to use ultimate attacks that can turn the tide of battle in your favor or just keep you alive longer. Most random battles can kill you and these random battles are VERY frequent.

Atmosphere: Nothing really special, the visuals are bland and the only things that look good are the Gundams themselves. The music is repetitive as well. The same battle music over and over again will make you want to rupture your ear drums with something very, very sharp. Unfortunately for you by that time the music will play in your head and can only be silenced by a well placed bullet.

Synopsis: Unless you are a fan of RPG's, anime, or Gundam itself you might want to take it upon yourself to use this review as a cautionary write-up about how it will make you vomit. If you are a fan you will thoroughly enjoy the cheesy dialogue and gritty pixelated graphics.

Score: 8/10

Score for non fans: 5.5/10
Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #42
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Wing can go fuck itself, because god did it suck.
Hey I liked Gundam Wing!

Anyways, sounds like it's a game really only for Gundam fans. Your review was helpful to me because Anime characters on a box art is one of my weaknesses.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #43
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Thanks Mike, Borderlands is in the pipe next because I beat it two, three days ago.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #44
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

I just received my copy of Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition and will be reviewing that as well as the DLC for the game separately.