The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 12-21-2002, 08:48 AM   #1
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Mech Assault Live Statistics are retarded

I used to play mech assaul non-stop. I made it to rank 123, but i had to leave for thanksgiving break and couldnt play for 4 days. I came back and was in 602. SO i battled for days and made it back to 160. By that time i had 2600 kills and first place had 12000. Its retarded. Will Mech assault reset score like Unreal Championship, or will Juggler Reign supreme forever?
Mistatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 08:55 AM   #2
gabriel
infinity in finity

They should do it like sales charts, with your amount of kills that week as well as the total amount. Or just reset the kills once in a while.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #3
Mr Mort
Giganticus breathalizer

I too have a problem with the way rankings are tabulated on Xbox Live games. As long as you don't come in dead last in every game you play, the more you play the higher your ranking. I wish I had time to play 4+ hours a day to keep my ranking high, but working 50+ hours a week, a girlfriend keep my online gaming time to about 4 hours a week. as a result, I'm ranked about 2000 for the week until Saturdays, when I rank about 300 for the week.
It's ridiculous. The more you play, the higher you'll rank, that's the way it is on Xbox live...
Mr Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 07:26 PM   #4
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Yeah on Unreal Championship you are scored for your effienciency, so some1 who goes 20-10 for a thousand games , is beat by a guy who goes 1-0, and leaves for a thousand games. I don't like it. But aleast Unreal Championship resets, and tabulates weekly and monthly and total scores.

In mech assault, the first place person is close to 20k kills, while second is close to 16k kills. And you average about 2000 kills if you play 6 hours a day, for a whole week. These people mus play non-stop, and make these rankings less-imporant to gamers that can only spare 2 hours a day. Hopefully this will be fixed when they begin conten downloads.
Mistatee is offline   Reply With Quote