The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Starcraft II requirement speculation thread

Lets take stabs at what we think Starcraft II will need in order to run.

Minimum specs:
XP or Vista
DX10 or 9.0
1.8ghz Core 2 duo
1 gb DDR2 ram
Nvidia 8600 or ATIX1950 (I dont know ATI cards)

Recommended
Vista
DirectX 10.1
2.8ghz or higher Core 2 quad
2 gb DDR2 ram
Nvidia 8800GTX or (ATI equivalent)

I already know that on their FAQ it says the game runs natively on both XP and Vista so those specs are close.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
That looks about right, cause the graphics just seem to be a bit more superiour than warcraft 3 frozen throne, but its not like empire earth 3 so most of us should have no problems with older rigs.
[GamerTag] Brock 5amson
Nano Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano Fox
That looks about right, cause the graphics just seem to be a bit more superiour than warcraft 3 frozen throne, but its not like empire earth 3 so most of us should have no problems with older rigs.
Just remember, theres going to still be 1 more year in development for the game, so those videos we have seen are nothing to what I think the game will look like.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
1 more year of campaign and cgi for the in game movies, the actual base has been completed and all it is now is the final touches and the mass hype to build for the coming game. I've heard rumors and i believe they are close to aswell since it's likely some sort of beta will show up at this years blizzcon.
[GamerTag] Brock 5amson
Nano Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
Decado

No way is it that high. The game doesn't even look as good as Company of Heroes.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Doesnt need to, If i remember correctly each faction has a 200 unit cap and that might lead to massive slowdowns with the upgraded units portraits. And there are 8 player battles online meaning that there could in theory be 1600 units along with building on a large map.

Think about it. Its just speculation too, if you have a speculation please post it, thats why I made the thread
Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
lol you set those min req a little high. and the recommend req too high.... 8800GTX for recommend lolololol gut bursting............ ok my geek moment is over.

more like they will be a little higher than what Warcraft 3's/world of warcraft requirements are.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
lol you set those min req a little high. and the recommend req too high.... 8800GTX for recommend lolololol gut bursting............ ok my geek moment is over.

more like they will be a little higher than what Warcraft 3's/world of warcraft requirements are.
WTF?! Just right down what you think it is already instead of critiscizing mine
Old 07-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
800 MHz or higher CPU.
256 MB or more of RAM.
32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware Transform and Lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better.
4 GB or more of available hard drive space.
DirectX® 9.0c or above.
A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection

It will probably be a little higher than this. It's not going to need a crazy setup to play this game. This is the minimum for WoW, Blizzard has never made their games that require everyone to upgrade their computers to play their games, but I would assume the requirements will be a little higher than this cause textures are better in it compared to WoW.

But really it's just a little bit graphically better than WC3.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #10
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
800 MHz or higher CPU.
256 MB or more of RAM.
32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware Transform and Lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better.
4 GB or more of available hard drive space.
DirectX® 9.0c or above.
A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection

It will probably be a little higher than this. It's not going to need a crazy setup to play this game. This is the minimum for WoW, Blizzard has never made their games that require everyone to upgrade their computers to play their games, but I would assume the requirements will be a little higher than this cause textures are better in it compared to WoW.

But really it's just a little bit graphically better than WC3.
Ok I can agree with that except, 1ghz cpu, 512 mb ram, 64mb vid card.