The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
Alucard

Team Fortress 2 class descriptions

Theres some cool info here actually. Heres one.

Quote:
Primary Weapon: Scattergun
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Melee Weapon: Aluminum Baseball Bat

Valve says: The fastest and lightest of all the classes, the Scout uses his speed to punch through enemy lines before opposing defenders can react. What he lacks in health and weaponry, he makes up for with his incredible speed and aerial maneuverability. If you'd like to sprint gracefully through enemy fire, look into the Scout.

IGN says: The Scout is absolutely the most ridiculous character in TF2. He moves as fast as a roadrunner and has the benefit of a multi-directional double-jump. Though the Scout has very little health, he's the toughest class to hit in the open. Anyone who masters the double jump (which allows a mid-air directional change) is certain to give fits to the opponent. The Heavy, who moves at the pace of a slug, will be particularly vexed by the speedy Scout.
The Scout is the only class that should focus on melee attacks. Thanks to his speed, the Scout can quickly get behind enemies and crack them over the back of the head before they can turn. The Scout is particularly effective as an Infiltrator, running into the enemy base, dodging fire and causing mayhem. By that same token, the Scout can also be great for causing distractions. Use a Scout to draw the attention of enemies and have your Engineer sneak in and set up a turret while the opponent is occupied.
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/791/791434p1.html
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Spy < rest.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Chronos
fuggit

I played the original tf alot. good times.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Reko8

Hopefully the classes will be equally balanced. That could put a game to ruin. I believe Valve will pull it off just fine though.
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
Kiryu1985
Communist

I hear it won't have concusion granade jumping, as a die hard team fortess classic player I have only one thing to say to this: STUPID

Anyways, there was nothing wrong with TFC (the most popular version of TF there is)
its the most balanced multiplayer game i've ever played, its only faults are from the company that produced it:

Glitches, like the Soldier nail granade which any n00b could do, would make massive damage through walls if thrown properlly,

Broken collision detection where you could duck and your hitboxes were screwed up

Bunny hoping, lets face it nobody plays fair and does this manually, everyone opts for scripts, you can't shoot rockets, prime nades and constantly bunnyhop at a scout's speed without one.

TFC became obsolete when cheating loosers with all their wallhacks and aimbots(a soldier using an aimbot is pretty much undetectable) would abuse all of those things.
While I hope TF2 turns out to be good, I sense that Valve will screw up and make something completely different.