The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
Alucard

JoWooD Dumps Gothic Developer

Quote:
JoWooD confirms having been in promising negotiatons for the development of Gothic 4 on PC and console with various prospective development studios. Releasing Gothic 4 on current-gen console is the next logical step for the Publisher's strategy. JoWooD puts most of its focus on high quality standards as well as reacting to the communities comments and requests for the sequel to its flag-ship title.
Since Pluto 13 and JoWooD have not come to terms regarding the development of Gothic 4, the collaboration has come to an end.
I love it. They have never managed to releae any of the 3 gothics in pc without any problems or such, but now they have the awesome idea of releaing the 4th on the console aswell. Any other publisher that takes you up will most likely slap a release date on your crap. If you cant get it working, not amount of patching will fix it unlike the PC version. Good luck on actually releasing a complete game once in your lives.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/791/791030p1.html
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
memory to zack

Isn t it actually a good thing they dumped Piranha Bytes? They ve been unable to make a bug-free game 3 times in a row and they had like 3 years in development for each. Boy, they must have a bad project planning not only Piranha Bytes but JoWood as well. Im pretty sure that their quality assurance must really suck.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
Alucard

Oh its very good. I'm taking a jab at pirahna for the path they want to take.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

Speaking of JoWood, I'm awaiting Spellforce 2 : Dragonshard.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Oh its very good. I'm taking a jab at pirahna for the path they want to take.
I don't get it. There is nothing good about this. JoWood will kill the IP (they are a shit publisher who will get a shit developer to make a shit game). PB is a pretty good developer who has to work with a shit publisher, but now they're screwed since they lose their IP until Gothic 5 (by which time it will be too late), not to mention the big patch for G3 they were working on has been canned and they've been screwed out of the profits for G3.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
Alucard

So how come the other games Jowood makes/publishes arent as bug ridden and useless as the Gothic series? As great as Gothic is it was always an series about potential. They're all always broken. Its gotten very annoying.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
Decado

None of them are even half as ambitious as the Gothic games (JoWood doesn't give PB the time they need...and isn't even going to let them patch G3).

Don't get me wrong, PB is at fault too, but JoWood is a well known shitbag publisher (and they DO release many buggy games and have a tendency not to patch them).
Old 05-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
Alucard

How long have they had to patch the game? They've released plenty of them and its still in dodgy condition. As for lac of ambition, you discredit jowood too easily. One title I could mention is the Guild series. Both are great games with alot of depth to them, and they actually WORK.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Decado

The Guild 2 - 62.9% at Gamerankings

With how low standards have gotten I didn't realize reviews that low still exist :|
Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
I only enjoyed spellforce and when i was doing GOthic 3 i only bared the bugs cause i wanted to play a rpg really badly (lawl?).
Old 05-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #11
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
The Guild 2 - 62.9% at Gamerankings

With how low standards have gotten I didn't realize reviews that low still exist :|
If you read the reviews they complain and silly stuff. Its not a game for everyone. I've played it, though not deeply as of yet. Was great and original.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #12
Decado

Don't seem silly to me. More or less comes down to "uninteresting gameplay".

At the end of the day it comes down to what JoWood is going to do with the franchise, and it is pretty clear they intend to put the final nail in the coffin. Here's hoping PB gets a better publisher (shouldn't be hard) and continues to make PC RPGs.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:24 AM   #13
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Jowood makes great games, even tho some of the thier games require a great computer to play them. Only a few of them, but not all.
LegendaryU.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote