The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
Sin and Punishment
World's fastest RAM.

Champs don't stay that way long in the computer hardware biz, but one way to ensure that the crown stays in the same camp is to one-up yourself before another firm can beat you to the punch. OCZ seems to be feelin' said mantra, as the company's latest Flex XLC RAM overtakes the previous rendition to claim the "world's fastest" title at 1,200MHz. Of course, we've seen quicker memory stuffed onto graphics cards, but the new motherboard-ready PC2-9600 Flex XLC modules sport a svelte hybrid cooling system that melds passive air and liquid injection systems to give you all the bragging rights you'd ever need. The DDR2-1200 modules are currently available in 2GB (2 x 1,024MB) kits, come with a lifetime warranty, and will run you right around $250.
What I want to see is the speed difference between this and a 30GB Solid State Disk. They both cost the same. But that 30Gig drive is some 20x faster then what we are using now.
Outpostnine is that 1%.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Future Demon King
Wow, thatll be in the next computer I decide to build. Id have to save for and calculate the time and money required but it would be worth it to have a semi-super computer.
An unavoidable war is called JUSTICE. When brutality is the only option left, it is HOLY.
Zachalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Now, what motherboards actually support this?
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
Thats one magic heatsink it has.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
not Seraph
World's fastest RAM:
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote