The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-18-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
Alucard

Top 10 Ways to Know You're a PC Snob

Actually this list gave me a laugh because somehow I actually agreed with most points, aside from Molyneux who is an absolute utter talentless fag. I love how they mentioned grand prix legends, rainbow six/Ghost recon sucking now, and the resolution stuff etc. Great humour list.

Quote:
10. HD is So Last Gen

1080i, 720p, 1080p, pffft, whatever. 1920x1200 is where it's at. That's 1200p if you want to put it in HDTV terms. You like to point out that PC gamers have been gaming in "high definition" well before consoles could even display games in "enhanced definition," better known as 480p. Heck, 1280x1024 already beats out 720p, and standard definition 480i games? Even stuff from the days of DOS topped that.

9. Mouse & Keyboard for the Win

You believe that only chumps play first-person shooters with a gamepad. In your eyes nothing matches the precision of the good old keyboard and mouse combo. No other control scheme comes close and you fully believe that with your keyboard and mouse setup you can easily best any console gamer in any first-person shooter. Including GoldenEye. Not that you'd play that.

8. Now You're Really Playing with Power

You constantly remind people how weak consoles are. Your PC has at least 2GB of RAM, far more than any piddling console and you'd pick an Alienware system over a PlayStation 3 any day. Why settle for a 60GB harddrive when you can get 600GB? Also, you believe Crysis looks better than any next-gen console game on the horizon. (You may have a point.)

7. Will Wright = Game God

"Will Wright is a bigger genius than Shigeru Miyamoto." There is nothing you love more than the expression console gamers get on their faces when you utter these words and slander the creator of their beloved Mario. You think Spore is far more promising than Super Mario Galaxy, and while you're at it you add that Peter Molyneux has more talent in his left pinky than Hideo Kojima and Shinji Mikami combined.

6. Kids' Play

Platformers are for kids. You wonder why in the world a person would want to play a game where all you do is jump from platform to platform and collect coins or rings or other such nonsense. You'd much rather be leveling up in World of Warcraft or moving up the ranks in Battlefield 2142. That's totally different!

5. Blame it on the Console Gamers

Console gamers are responsible for the decline of some of the PCs best franchises. For example, the original Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six titles were fantastic and realistic, but now they've been compromised as the games cater more to console gamers and tone down the realism. To you, this is an absolute travesty. A vein on your forehead bulges.

4. You Think That's Realistic?

GTR2 is far more realistic than Gran Turismo could ever hope to be, and if you really want to get into the nitty gritty, Gran Prix Legends is the racing game to play. Everything else is "too arcadey." Not only that, but all flying games on consoles are rubbish. The Ace Combat series is a pathetic representation of modern air combat and all the Star Wars console games don't even begin to compare to bliss that was Tie Fighter and X-Wing. Also, thanks to Microsoft Flight Simulator X you're fairly confident you could land a Boeing 737 in real life. How many console games can teach you that skillset?

3. GamerTags are Overrated

Who needs Xbox Live when you've got the Internet? You've been gaming online since Quakeworld. Not only that, but it's also completely free. You look at console owners who have to pay for online gaming services and think about all the extra custom mousepads you can afford.

2. The Invincible PC

PCs are forever. You refuse to ever buy a console and wonder why anyone would. Consoles are fixed technology whereas PCs continue to advance. PC tech gets better year by year. You just can't top a system that's constantly evolving.

1. Nyah, Nyah, Console Tools

You've read this entire column and agree with every point, own every game mentioned, and can't wait to forward it on to your console-loving friends who just don't know any better. Congratulations: You're a PC snob!

What the PC Gaming Snob sees when he looks at his own gaming rig.

How the PC Gaming Snob views the average console gamer.

http://au.gamespy.com/articles/780/780989p1.html
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
Drunken Savior

You're such a whale penis.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 AM   #3
Nindalf

7 is just blasphemy.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 AM   #4
Paper exe
Pwnd

What the heck is Will Wright!? But then again that as famous as a PC developer can get.
Plus, Platform is one of the most genius genre, it going to talk an idiot to replace a pure adventure goodness with a soulless repeative FPS, which lack all type of creativeness with it dull similar level design and atmosphere, heck the best thing they could do is show case the best wall and pilers in their new ugly, random dungeon like design. The power of the whole world cannot cover it ugliness. Plus no music, hence PC gamers put their music needs in a very low stander. to them, as long as it orchestra with the same old realistic sound effect they get amazed and start worshiping it, even the cart based console, N64 or even console before it could already make or at lest similar quality of sound effect.
You lot keep worshiping your PC. Super Mario have already stamped on the PC market and completely pwnded it, hence why companies have switched to console rather the unconvinced PC, which needs to to upgraded in a yearly bases, otherwise your PC would be outmoded. And that not mentioning all of these Anti-Versus that you would keep paying for yearly for the sake of protecting your computer from retarded people and even that doesn't help it sometimes. To make matter worst the PC my break down by it own freaking self, for no reason at all.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
What the heck is Will Wright!? But then again that as famous as a PC developer can get.
buuurn.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 AM   #6
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

They do make some good points.
da missinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #7
Alucard

Settle down paper. Majority of those points you make are dumb and on any other board you would get fed alot of info that would destroy whatever you just said. But I like you so dont try to flame bait in here.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #8
sharky~
Out Run Master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
7 is just blasphemy.
Only would it have been blasphemy if they had said Yu Suzuki.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #9
sharky~
Out Run Master!

urhh.. dubble post.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #10
Nindalf

yu suzuki lol. 1 good series and can't even finish that one.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Settle down paper. Majority of those points you make are dumb and on any other board you would get fed alot of info that would destroy whatever you just said. But I like you so dont try to flame bait in here.
I will try, but I really am very innocent and I really did not intended to create any kind of "flame bite". I love you two Alucard.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #12
Decado

I don't really agree with #7. The guy made The Sims, for fucksake. He should be shot for that. #8 isn't really my style. It is all about the games, not the #'s behind the hardware.

#5 is a big one for me, though I generally lay the blame at M$'s feet.

Overall, I agree with the majority of those points...but I'm 100% a PC snob since I own two consoles. Who knows, though, if this generation of consoles continues to be as lackluster as it has been, I'll soon be getting rid of my last gen consoles and may not replace them.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #13
Alucard

He didnt ONLY make the Sims. But even if you dont like the games, for whatever freakish reason you have, you cant deny that the games have an amazing amount of depth that actually somehow works. Far more grander then most games out there in freedom to do as you want. The serious is a milestone in immersion and creativity.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #14
Vegetto
Alive

I agree with most the stuff actually
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:37 PM   #15
sharky~
Out Run Master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
yu suzuki lol. 1 good series and can't even finish that one.
1? pfft.. Hes made loads of great series, Not to mention that 1 game is better then anything Mayomnotomopokoloko has ever done.

His games will never finish either, because if they did Nintendo would have no series left LOLOLOLOL!