The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #61
Tavish
Reality is overrated.
 
Tavish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 452


Quote:
You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul and torched my conscience. You thought it was one pathetic boy’s life you were extinguishing. Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people.
He mailed a video manifesto to NBC in the two hours after shooting his first two victims and before going back in to kill another 30. - NBC Article

I think a lot of people are missing the point here... This wasn't about guns or schools or games... He was (aside from being deeply disturbed) frustrated with a society that so openly favours the rich.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #62
Decado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
Murray if someone wants to commit a crime and can't get guns through the proper channels, they can easily obtain firearms illegally.
Silly excuse. "Since there is a *possibility* that some psycho can attain guns illegally (granting the admittedly small chance for authorities to catch them), let make it REALLY EASY for them to get them *legally*!" You must be taking lessons from GWB.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #63
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!
 
zechin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,759
Sounds like he needed a trip to north korea. *shakes head in shame*
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:49 AM   #64
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire
 
AmishNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,136
OMG. So tired of this story I don't know where to begin. The fact that we are even discussing and analyzing HEAVILY EDITED videos that a man who mowed down rooms full of people. Chances are he's crazy. Then you try and make crazy enough safe (and -swear words-) to play on broadcast television. Fuck that. Just makes no sense at all. It's like trying to remove religion from a sermon.

Anyways my hatred spawns from the FOX news that is unbearably on 24/7 in the factory break room. I need a iPod-clone or PSP-clone for work.

PS. If anyone reads this and plans on doing this in the future. Don't cuss in your video or we won't get to see it kthx.
__________________
Reader, suppose you were an idiot.
And suppose you were a member of Congress, but I repeat myself.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #65
Northeastmonk
Registered User
 
Northeastmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,916
I dont get why he was sent to rehab and not to jail. I read on G4's Feed that he was a Counter Strike player.

Its such a shame. I was woken up by family phone calls telling me about this. Another pointless outtake on society.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:04 AM   #66
Vegetto
Alive
 
Vegetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavish




He mailed a video manifesto to NBC in the two hours after shooting his first two victims and before going back in to kill another 30. - NBC Article

I think a lot of people are missing the point here... This wasn't about guns or schools or games... He was (aside from being deeply disturbed) frustrated with a society that so openly favours the rich.

wait.... TWO HOURS after killing his first two??? he had two hours of freetime after killing two ppl?!


who were the freakin sherlocks on that case?!
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:48 AM   #67
memory to zack
Registered User
 
memory to zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Violence censoring city of Munich
Posts: 1,333
Well that guy right now really got the attention he needed from the media, even if posthumous. So if his last resort was to draw attention, which I highly doubt it wasn t after watching and reading parts of what he sent to NBC, the question mark can be lifted and he will be known as Cho, the deadliest mass killer.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:55 AM   #68
Joe Redifer
Olé!
 
Joe Redifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 19,493
"NBC, the network favored by mass-murderers."

Can't wait to see NBC air those self-promos.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #69
Alucard
Registered User
 
Alucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 32,639
Just because people can aquire guns easily through illegalmeans doesnt mean everyone should be able to walk into k-mart and buy one for themselves and their kids. Maybe then the police can actually do their jobs and track down some of the illegal firearm merchants since they'll be more evident to find. Its not like EVERYONE is going to say lol lets go get a gun illegally if they cant buy one at the store.

The fact that guns are so easy to find is the main reason theres more gun deaths. Theres ALOT of proof to back this up. For example back during the port arthur massacre in Tasmania they slapped up some harsh gun laws. The following year the fatalities via guns went down 30%. They've dropped more and more every year. Australia is far safer today then it was 10 years ago. And we're supposedly a country filled with blood thirsty heartless criminals! Heres some more quotes-

Quote:
In Canada, where new gun laws were introduced in 1991 and 1995, the number of gun deaths has reached a 30-year low.

Two years ago in the United Kingdom, civilian handguns were banned, bought back from their owners and destroyed. In the year following the law change, Scotland recorded a 17% drop in all firearm-related offences. The British Home Office reports that in the nine months following the handgun ban, firearm-related offences in England and Wales dropped by 13%.

A British citizen is still 50 times less likely to be a victim of gun homicide than an American.
At the end of the day I can give you more proof that anti-gun laws are safer for the communities in many countries then you can give me to disprove this. Even Canadians are showing you how a brain should be used. Yeah thats right. I said Canadians.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:15 AM   #70
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!
 
Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavish




He mailed a video manifesto to NBC in the two hours after shooting his first two victims and before going back in to kill another 30. - NBC Article

I think a lot of people are missing the point here... This wasn't about guns or schools or games... He was (aside from being deeply disturbed) frustrated with a society that so openly favours the rich.

He's a bit of a drama queen.




Quote:
Even Canadians are showing you how a brain should be used. Yeah thats right. I said Canadians.
Canada doesn't have any brains because their milk comes in bags.
__________________
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
~Thomas Jefferson
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 AM   #71
murray
<insert witty motto>
 
murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Just because people can aquire guns easily through illegalmeans doesnt mean everyone should be able to walk into k-mart and buy one for themselves and their kids. Maybe then the police can actually do their jobs and track down some of the illegal firearm merchants since they'll be more evident to find. Its not like EVERYONE is going to say lol lets go get a gun illegally if they cant buy one at the store.

The fact that guns are so easy to find is the main reason theres more gun deaths. Theres ALOT of proof to back this up. For example back during the port arthur massacre in Tasmania they slapped up some harsh gun laws. The following year the fatalities via guns went down 30%. They've dropped more and more every year. Australia is far safer today then it was 10 years ago. And we're supposedly a country filled with blood thirsty heartless criminals! Heres some more quotes-



At the end of the day I can give you more proof that anti-gun laws are safer for the communities in many countries then you can give me to disprove this. Even Canadians are showing you how a brain should be used. Yeah thats right. I said Canadians.
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #72
Joker
not Seraph
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zechin
Sounds like he needed a trip to north korea. *shakes head in shame*
He would rapidly move up the Comm. Party ranks in there.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #73
Paper exe
Pwnd
 
Paper exe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by murray
You could have said or expressd that with a reputation point. It would have been useful and saves the forums from such a post.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #74
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...
 
Escaflowne2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Thetford, Norfolk, England
Posts: 16,474
It didn't take long.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/hardball/cl...?autoplay=true
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #75
murray
<insert witty motto>
 
murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
You could have said or expressd that with a reputation point. It would have been useful and saves the forums from such a post.
I did give him rep too. Its a shame we dont have bitch slap points then i wouldnt have to reply to you on the forum
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.