The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 04-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #46
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

After hearing some interviews from his roommates this guy never had a girlfriend he had an imaginary girlfriend and had physiological help but for only two days. He would stalked girls, called himself question mark on the phone, and would sleep with the lights on.

The psychologist who looked at him now have a lot of questions to be answered about why this guy didn’t get more help.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 AM   #47
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Anyone who plays doom is bound to go on a shooting spree. Just look how bad it got after hell on earth. any hoot like the masterful old saying goes, "shit happens." Just be glad you weren't there when he went rambo. any how, i am a gun lover and could easily hold down my block with small arms fire , just have to wait when some country like china invades.
[GamerTag] Brock 5amson
Nano Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 AM   #48
Alucard

Well they're blaming counter-strike now in some news writeups. So looks like if you play any video game that has a gun, you're a future killer. Think of the children already. Ban these violent games. PROTECT OUR FUTURES!! Also please give out free guns to every kid in school to help protect themselves.

Ok I found some more funny stuff. Not only is Thompson jumping about with glee over this news but so is some other celebrity all you freaks in america love because he takes idiots, gives them common sense, and then is described as the smartest man in the world.

Quote:
LARRY KING: Why, though - OK, you want to kill someone, you’re crazed, you’re a little nuts, girlfriend drops you, why do you kill innocent people?… Dr. McGraw, are they treatable?

DR. PHIL: Well, Larry, every situation is different… The question really is can we spot them. And the problem is we are programming these people as a society. You cannot tell me - common sense tells you that if these kids are playing video games, where they’re on a mass killing spree in a video game, it’s glamorized on the big screen, it’s become part of the fiber of our society. You take that and mix it with a psychopath, a sociopath or someone suffering from mental illness and add in a dose of rage, the suggestibility is too high.

And we’re going to have to start dealing with that. We’re going to have to start addressing those issues and recognizing that the mass murders of tomorrow are the children of today that are being programmed with this massive violence overdose.
Pathetic.

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/04/17/d...tech-massacre/

Last edited by Alucard; 04-18-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #49
Decado

He killed that many with just a hand gun? Scary.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #50
progmetal
!

What's more scary is that the US has one of the highest security at airports, trying to stop terrorists etc., and still anyone with a license can just go in to a gunshop and buy themselves a gun.

It's mostly these 'quiet' ones(ticking bombs), that commit these things, and still people don't learn to maybe think about this, by including people more, and not exclude or make fun of them cause they're not that cool. This could save lives, think about that.

Rush say this in one of their songs: "Be cool or be cast out". So very true.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal

Last edited by progmetal; 04-18-2007 at 01:40 PM.
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #51
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Banning guns won't stop mass-murdering criminals. For one they most likely get their guns by illegal means. Didn't I already say that, or was it another forum? Rush says "Conform to everyone else or be cast out".
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #52
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
In middle school they said i was the next columbine kid, thats what happens when a teacher over hears the rants of playing counterstrike... not to mention being the only ukrainian in the school makes everyone think your affiliated with the mob or kgb.
I swear for an entire year i spent most my lunchs in the principles office.

From what i heard the guy used a Glock and possibly a Baretta both being 9mm. It could have been worse if he had an assault rifle or even a shotgun. Just be glad the damn state i am in makes it impossible to have anything at all.. freakin california laws.. ARGH!!! /rant off.
[GamerTag] Brock 5amson
Nano Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #53
superRSXs

Nano Fox, i believe that unlisted lowers are still legal to purchase in the state. fixed mag AKs are also legal. (havent been home in 4 months so im not 100%)

getting back on topic, it was a glock (9mm, so im going to guess the Glock 17) and a .22. A .22!!!

for those of you not familiar with calibers, a .22 is what a young boy would use as his squirrel shooting gun. yes it is fatal at close range and proper bullet placement, but the fact that he premeditated a plan to chain the door and was able to shoot 50+ rounds is amazing in itself.

and as a good buddy of mine said, it really isnt the gun laws that create situations like this, because if this guy pulled the same thing in Wyoming he would've been: 1. laughed out of the room or 2. been turned into swiss cheese.

but unfortunately whats done is done- please keep all those affected in your thoughts and prayers.

i thought nothing could top the copa mundial until the Mania came along...
superRSXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #54
memory to zack

From what I read, Cho (the killer) never ever spoke to anyone, he didn t even muttered a single word! He never even responded to you when you greeted him , not even took a single look at you! That s shocking! Moreover, coming from a poor family, he despised "rich kids" for unknown reasons as yet.

This person had really huge social probems that led him to anger and depression. Being emotionless all day long( though I pretty sure he was crying/ranting in his room when alone), is a sign that he kept all his problems confined in himself and never seeked a person for advice/help. Since he didn t have a friend, the only option where his parents, but apparently he didn t even trusted them/ had a bad relation with them.

It s pretty clear that writing a question mark instead of his name was a sign of an outcry, an outcry seeking somewhere to belong, integrate. The question mark must have interpretated his social situtation, "Where do I belong?", "Who am I ?", "Am I really noone in this world?", "Do I really belong nowhere?", that s what comes spontanely in my mind, reminding me of a Linkin Park song.

I think the whole mystery would be solved if we had more info about his past, especially when he was still in S. Korea and in the first years in America. His social interaction with his american school classmates/neighbours and his parents behaviour must be the key. I sense that his parents have half the blame on how he evolved. They must have been strict, demanding too much from him, inspecting him the whole time without leaving him on his and stressing him the whole time about school. These things create heavy psychological pressure on children and add that to the fact he always went to school in bad mood thinking about his parents wishes/warnings, would he ever start a conversation in such a situation? In the end, he must have tried to settle some things in is mind, fullfill his parent s wishes and his own goals, some kind of mind battle between himself and his fragmented psychis that he lost.

By the way, aren t there any other serial killers that killed more than 33 people? I remember watching a movie starring a young couple wanting to become the most renowndedd serial killers by breaking the number of people killed record. In this movie, some serial killers had killed over 50 people or I am wrong? Then again this is only a movie.

Last edited by memory to zack; 04-18-2007 at 07:07 PM.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #55
murray
<insert witty motto>

We have weirdos, nutters, loonies etc over here...the difference is they cant just wander into a shop and buy a fucking M16. Its about time some people took their heads out of their arses and realised that the reason the US has the highest gun related fatility rate of any western country year after year is the stupid gun laws.
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #56
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Murray is sure feeling morally superior today. Lame.

Zack, I think John Wayne Gacey raped and killed over 30 teenage boys. From what I read he mostly strangled or beat them to death.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #57
murray
<insert witty motto>

I dont feel morally superior at all. I just wish the US would be more pro-active about it instead of dodging the whole debate because the pro gun lobby has a lot of powerful members in government.
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #58
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Actually, a lot of states have strict gun control laws. Virginia was not one of them.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #59
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Murray if someone wants to commit a crime and can't get guns through the proper channels, they can easily obtain firearms illegally.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #60
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Also, when the UK banned handguns, didn't violent gun crimes rise? By nearly 50%?

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote