The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 05-03-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Thumbs up Nintendo Online??

It appear that somehow some people know that NINTENDO will show us that it will go or can go online on E3 !! ofcourse this is just a rumour but anybody can confirm it or heard something about NINTENDO online plannings???

Old 05-06-2002, 06:24 AM   #2
Neologism

Thumbs up i sure hope so...

i really think nintendo needs to get off their duff and start getting the online campaign going. they have been awfully quiet about the online concept of the gamecube, and that scares me a bit. sure its not NEEDED...but i think in this round of the "console wars" online option done right is viable for the sake of its survival.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:12 AM   #3
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Online hype??

Would be great to hear that THE CUBE will go online with the ps2 ..But the way I see things
i don't think a console needs online games to win this war!!!It might get some attention .!!
Old 05-06-2002, 03:50 PM   #4
Neologism

Re: Online hype??

Quote:
Originally posted by ATMA
Would be great to hear that THE CUBE will go online with the ps2 ..But the way I see things
i don't think a console needs online games to win this war!!!It might get some attention .!!

i so want to agree with you, but either sony or microsoft are going to force online which leaves nintendo with one option. *GO WITH THE FLOW OR TURN TO DUST* it sounds harsh yes, but i think this is the reality right now if nintendo doesnt follow through. of course if sony and ms both screw up their own online agendas..then well nintendo can either take advantage of that and get theirs going OR just not do anything. regardless still like you said...it doesnt seem like a console needs it now, but its a feature thats being boasted and in a consumer market like we have now, this can be life or death situation.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
FRDrizzt

Nintendo doesn't need to go online to stay in the way, but it would help get some gamers who are undecided to not lean anywhere else because of online. They won't have online the same time as the PS2 though, because they haven't done much in regards to their service, and it takes a long time to get set up.
FRDrizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 07:52 PM   #6
TriForce

Nintendo absolutely needs to find a way to go online without a pay-to-play business model. That could be their major advantage over M$ and $ony, if they can pull it off profitably.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:32 AM   #7
Neologism

online news from magicbox

"- Reuters reported that Nintendo will be making announcement of the online service strategy for GameCube at E3 on May 21."

this quote was pulled from todays magicbox headlines! this pretty much confirms what we been hoping on getting some info. i CANT WAIT TILL e3 NOW!!