The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
Nindalf

Would you approve the genocide of old people to prevent mass starvation?

It's no secret that a lot of countries, especially highly industrialized and developed ones have very poor birth rates that cause supply issues for future old geezers who are looking for fresh youngsters to leech off of. It's very possible that mass starvation and other problems caused by overpopulation can be a real threat in our lifetimes. If it ever comes to that, would you be willing to consider putting more aged members of humankind to eternal sleep to save resources and make sure younger ones have a better life?

Fact is that more and more people compared to previous generations are stopping to see children as duty, purpose of life, or just "continuing the family" (like anyone wants your DNA to multiply), and are seeing them as the worthless waste of space and dumb snot faced parasites that they really are. This of course means that the problem I like to call the Old People Question can't be solved with simply encouraging people to breed, because an increasing amount of people are refusing to take that bullet.

So what would really be the only realistic Final Solution of the Old People Question? Fact is that space travel and having colonies big enough on other planets to make a meaningful difference are so far away in the future that overpopulation will be an issue. Not to mention people will live longer and longer thanks to medical advancements, so a lot of these old timers won't let go when they should, which will make the problem even worse.

But thanks to this same medical knowledge, we could put people to sleep quickly and painlessly, so we could at the very least ensure as little suffering as possible. A lot of them wouldn't even have to know what's happening, if kept properly under wraps. And to minimize grieving, we could always make sure old people who know each other are picked for this program so we won't have old people with vacuums in their life. Those are the worst. Also, I'm sure there would be people willing to volunteer for this fine effort.

In the end, if things ever get so bad that the amount of people on the planet will cause serious problems and makes life increasingly hard for everyone, I don't see many alternatives to forced euthanasia. If things ever got as bad in first world countries world as they already are in certain African countries, thinning the herd should seriously be considered. Of course that comparison is not exactly perfect, since Africa has a whole lot more problems than just overpopulation.

So, would you be willing to exterminate some older specimens to allow a better life for younger people?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Would you approve the genocide of old people to prevent mass starvation?
Only if they were delicious.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Peppy
Barrel Roller

maybe only kill half of the old people population, the ones that just sit there, and feed them to the kids! Some old people can do stuff like make pie and tell stories so they can stay. efficient!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
Only if they were delicious.

Ditto.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
Old 03-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #5
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

No I wouldn't approve.

What I would approve of is genocide against damn breeders who know they can't afford kids yet keep having them. It's a sad reality that the poorest people on the planet are also the ones who produce the most kids, even knowing many of their children will die of starvation or disease.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

I concur with Zod.
Plus, watch Idiocricy, and you'll hate white trash even more.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #7
Arnold

*chuckles* My, I never thought turnips can be this dark and sombre. This reminds me of what I've read/heard about the Nazis, about how exterminating the Jews, the invalid, and the dregs of society would solve the ills of the world.

While I have no objection to Soylent Green, I think a more better solution would be to unleash the Zohar on the planet so that it will dissolve without a trace in the same manner as Ariadne.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #8
Alucard

Lets not even go down this path.
Closed Thread