GameZone Online 8.0
1UP.com 7.5
GameDaily 7.0
GameHelper 8.0
GamePro 10.0
PS3 Advanced 7.0
IGN.com 7.2
http://www.gamestats.com/objects/748.../articles.html

Everyone is saying it is a real challenge to drive, especially with all the assists turned off, and a F1 car act in a whole different way than a normal car. Not everyone is impressed with the graphics. Solid framerate, no lag online etc.

But the sense of speed is amazing.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Alucard

They're speaking crap. For one yes the graphics arent impressive at all. But turning all the driving aids off etc didnt make it more challenging. The game is poor pure and simple. When you compare it to previous F1 games, and not ones from this series, well its blindingly obvious just how crap it really is.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
TheHardware
The Moment..

my goodness.

every review ive read has said the game lives true to the sport itself (which may or may not make good for a videogame) because its so technical ....and the graphics are very impressive. and this comes from someone who doesnt like F1 games.
TheHardware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
Alucard

I used to be a bit of an F1 whore. I dont follow the sport as much anymore but I still play games. I'm probably one of the few here who even owned the F1 Manager Microprose released a while back, which was godly. This specific F1 game is poor. To be honest the past few years the sony ones have been poor. I'll still stick to my statement that the only good F1 game in the last few years was Grand Prix Challenge from Atari on the ps2. That ones very technical, feels VERY good, and if you take the drivers aids off its brutal. Awesome game.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:05 AM   #5
ExMagGuy

I must be blind: I think that, at least graphically, the game looks stunning and near-photo real in spots.
ExMagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
progmetal
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I'll still stick to my statement that the only good F1 game in the last few years was Grand Prix Challenge from Atari on the ps2. That ones very technical, feels VERY good, and if you take the drivers aids off its brutal. Awesome game.

Pfft, we know you hate Sony.
I checked the review on that, it sounded alot like this new F1 game, but you can do a lot more tweaking of the cars on this new game than you could on atari's. People have different tastes, someone likes to tweak their cars to death to improve lap times, while others isn't into that stuff. And yes the graphics are pretty damned good, except for maybe the background. The amazing rain effect wasn't possible on the PS2 though.

Last edited by progmetal; 03-01-2007 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
Alucard

lol dont pull the sony hating card with me. I hate the company. the games are a complete and different story. Plus its made by the studio that was called Psygnosis, a studio I adored to hell and loved, no thanks to sony who came along and bought them and then tore them apart. I love Gran Turismo, so that should give you an idea of how much I enjoy tweaking. And if you want to see tweaking options, go install that F1 Manager I spoke of.

I mentioned the Atari game because I was specifically talking about handling. This F1 game is way more arcade like, yes even with driver aids turned off, then the Atari version which makes you fight to control, how an F1 car SHOULD be. And that screenshot doesnt help the awesome graphics argument. The cars themselves are great. Everything else the game has? No. The water was cool at first till you realised it was cheating water. The roads are smeared. The backgrounds are practically PS2 graphics. And the framerate is NOT perfect. Its just a poor F1 game. No bias here either. I play games for what they are, not who makes them or where they are found. But if you're after an F1 game that a 10 year old can master, this ones it. Its the EA FIFA of F1. Even EA's F1 game is shit.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
progmetal
!

That screenshot is from the Atari version. But I guess you knew that, you were just pulling my leg right?

Either way it's not always positive to have a racing game too realistic either. There is a fine line there.

Some people get turned off by a sim..lol..

Last edited by progmetal; 03-01-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #9
darren
... lol

not if its a sim ... lol ...
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I used to follow f1. Made me hate the french even more. As for the games i never really got into them like i do other motorsports. I don't know why i just haven't. I'm surprised this game got average scores i thought it would do better.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #11
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetal
That screenshot is from the Atari version. But I guess you knew that, you were just pulling my leg right?

Either way it's not always positive to have a racing game too realistic either. There is a fine line there.

Some people get turned off by a sim..lol..
Nope, I thought that screen was from the ps3 one but I didnt pay close enough attention to it. Thats how poor I think the new F1 game looks. And I'm not saying it should be totally realistic. I mean thats what the driving aids are for, making it more easy to control. But when you turn the aids off you kind of expect it to be realistic. Its not. And you'll find most people that buy an F1 game arent wanting an arcade game or they'd grab need for speed or ridge racer. F1 is about unique cars that are supposed to be hard to drive.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #12
progmetal
!

Guess I have some games to try out then.