The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 05-03-2002, 01:06 AM   #1
Bookbagninja

Marvel Vs Capcom 3??

Last I heard from this game was about Dec. I beleive, and it was this web site. It was a very small article that simply said that CapCom was working on this game. But I haven't heard ANYTHING else since then. Does ANYONE know anything about the progress or any inside stuff?? I'm just REAL curious as to what's going on with this.

I'm expecting this to be a pretty big game, with a heck of a lot more characters than before since it's taking so long for them to release it. Usually, it only takes them a year. It's been over two now. Anyway, I just hope it comes out soon. I want to play so badly!!!

Who do you think would be a good character to include in this installment?
Bookbagninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 12:13 PM   #2
Iori

I heard the Marvel license has expired and Capcom cannot produce more games with Marvel characters in it.
Old 05-03-2002, 11:20 PM   #3
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

MvC3 is Possible

Activision has the rights to the Marvel characters now. But if Capcom really wanted to make the game, they could always borrow them from Activision. Of course they would to pay them.

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 01:38 AM   #4
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Breaking News!

Looks like there might be a Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 game in development.

Quote:
Nintendo's official magazine in France announces new GameCube games.

The first issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine in France has mentioned several GameCube games that have yet to be officially announced. The magazine reported that a version of the Game Boy Advance RPG Golden Sun, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, and another RPG called Time of Troubles are all in development for the GameCube. The magazine also stated that Perfect Dark 0 for the GameCube may be like Metroid Prime in that it will be played from a variety of perspectives.
Nintendo of America was unavailable for comment at the time of publish.
Source: Gamespot.com

...Doesn't say if it is exclusive or not.

Old 05-04-2002, 03:26 AM   #5
Lord Dragon

I don't think they are going to make it this year, dude I would like to see some of DS characters in the game such as Jedah, Demitri and Pyron but it seems they stopped making this game

http://68.15.21.12/upload/ruri-chan/dld.gif
Lord Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:34 AM   #6
Bookbagninja

Cool, Overlord. That's what I thought. I know I wasn't just seeing any ol thing. Yeah, the rumor that Capcom wouldn't make the game was going around cause they supossedly don't have the license with Marvel anymore. But, really. In the market world, all you gotta do is put the dough up and you'll get the license back.

And, no I didn't believe it was suppose to be exclusive to one system only.

My friend said that it would come out at the end of the year if anything "cause they have to draw all those little animations and whatnot", which makes sense. Capcom is the last of a dying breed that won't go directly the way of the 3D. And I applaud them for it.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:19 AM   #7
Pikachu

Capcom can easily drop the Marvel characters and replace them with characters from other comic / games, like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Heavy Metal! As long as the game engine is about the same, I have no complaints, in fact, this may be even a better idea because all the Marvel characters are "more of the same" each time anyway!
Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:37 PM   #8
Bookbagninja

That would be cool. I really don't care one way or another myself as well, as long as the play engine is the same.
And the thing is, Capcom should use MORE diverse characters than they've been using and try to get out of the X-Men mentality. I'm surprised they looked and searched for Shuma-Gorah, and used Blackheart, but other than that, nobody you just said, "Now THAT'S somebody I always wanted to use!"

Of course, Marvel vs. DC would be the coolest. That would truly be a nice game (based on the same engine, of course.)
Old 05-04-2002, 07:34 PM   #9
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Capcom Vs __________

Quote:
Of course, Marvel vs. DC would be the coolest. That would truly be a nice game (based on the same engine, of course.)
I think it would be a great game where you have Spider-man Vs. Super Man. Or Venom Vs. Batman. But if Capcom was making it, it will more like Capcom Vs. Marvel Vs. DC. Or something along the lines. You could be Ryu with Spider-Man and Green Lantern as your Tag team members.

...And it won't take that long to make the game, since the backgrounds will most likely be 3D. And Capcom is a bigger company than they used to be. So drawing out the people will be easier with all the people they have now.

Old 05-11-2002, 02:25 PM   #10
folken001

Re: Capcom Vs __________

Quote:
Originally posted by Overlord

I think it would be a great game where you have Spider-man Vs. Super Man. Or Venom Vs. Batman. But if Capcom was making it, it will more like Capcom Vs. Marvel Vs. DC. Or something along the lines. You could be Ryu with Spider-Man and Green Lantern as your Tag team members.

...And it won't take that long to make the game, since the backgrounds will most likely be 3D. And Capcom is a bigger company than they used to be. So drawing out the people will be easier with all the people they have now.
I dont' like the idea putting superman into the game. Who can beat superman? I know it won't be spiderman.

FFXI Server: Caitsith
lv 75 RNG/PLD/BRD/NIN/MNK, lv 63 WHM(Retired)
folken001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 06:52 PM   #11
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Justice League Vs. X-Man

Quote:
I dont' like the idea putting superman into the game. Who can beat superman? I know it won't be spiderman.
The Green Lantern can beat Superman. Professor X might be able to beat Superman. The Green Lantern can make any thing green, so why can't he just make a krypternite cage and cruch Superman or something. X can control Supermans mind.

...I wonder who would win between the X-Men and the Justice League.

Last edited by Overlord; 05-11-2002 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:31 PM   #12
hootie17
sensing some hostility

Arrow i dont liek superman...

GOLD KRYPTONITE ALL THE WAY!
For those of you who don't kno that takes away his
powers permenantly.
they should def make a MvC3 b/c i only have ps2 and gc so
i don't have access to MvC2

LoSt I bE

"...to to continue is an honor and a privlidge, to continue is as to be reincarnated in reality and should be used wisely to do what is best to challenge the mistakes of the past and over come them..."
-Myself

I wAnT a KiRbY gAmE fOr Gc
hootie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 11:42 PM   #13
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Gold?

How did they make gold Kryptonite? Or where was it found?

...It sounds interesting, none the less.

Old 05-12-2002, 01:48 AM   #14
Bookbagninja

Yeah, I never heard of any kind of GOLD kryptonite. And, yeah, I always thought it was pretty dumb to have Superman in ANY game. He's freakin' invincible! He should NEVER bve hurt. I don't know why people like him like that.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:09 AM   #15
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Black Mage

Bookbagninja, I just took the 8-bit character test. It says that I'm a Black Mage! It says I'm really evil and I really enjoy mass destruction. It's a way of life for me, and I would kill anyone near me. Unless they were hot chicks of course.

...SuperMan is strong. But like I said, Green Lantern and Professor X can beat him.

Last edited by Overlord; 05-12-2002 at 02:12 AM.