The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone

first screenshots of Sega Rally Revo

Quote:
The first shots of SEGA Rally on PS3 - the newest entry in SEGA's mud-slinging driving game. Speed freaks with a fetish for filth will be delighted to hear the game's set to speed onto Sony's next-gen console this winter.

While these screens might not be actual in-race footage, they show off SEGA Rally's in-game engine splendidly, being "indicative" (according to a UK SEGA representative) of the final PS3 release.

While actual gameplay details are thin on the ground, its already evident that SEGA's upping the detail factor from previous iterations of the game, with cars spattering up mud and carving through the dirt, much like PS3's other big racing game MotorStorm. Of course, questions remain including whether the weight of your car, size of your tyres and speed will affect those next-gen physics, but then that's what relentless future preview coverage is for, right? Similarly, time should reveal the extent of SEGA's damage engine - and, frankly, if we don't get scratched paintwork, crumpled bumpers and flailing car parts ricochetting through the air, we'd be very surprised.

Don't fret though, SEGA is promising more concrete information on SEGA Rally PS3 soon.
Screen Shots Source | Article Source

Old 01-16-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
Alexander
I speak with codes.

My fetish for filth remains unsatisfied.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
GrantXP

*Preys this game captures essence of original*
Grant's latest reviews - Click Here Latest Review: Bioshock (Xbox 360)
GrantXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
sharky~
Out Run Master!

Ah its looking good.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
Sony Fanboy
Gets paid by Sony

They should start mocking screenshots so the background are not all blurred.
Sony Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
sharky~
Out Run Master!

^ This one isnt blurry in the far right:
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5...rally04nz1.jpg
Old 01-16-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
GrantXP

This game has some much potential! But racing games are not like they were back in 1995. Gran Turismo, Forza have upped the anti. Arcade style games are not what people want anymore. In saying that Outrun 2 enjoyed moderate success. I hope this is arcade style and a good game. I know one of the guys working on it. It is being made right here in the UK...
Old 01-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Those aren't screenshots. Those are wimpy replays. I can't get excited over that. Show me some screens from actual gameplay! I doubt that will ever happen since Sega is afraid of how the gameplay screens look, or else they'd be showing them off. Bottom line: This game will look like dogshit. Is Sega even making this themselves or did they farm it out like they do with everything else these days?

Quote:
Arcade style games are not what people want anymore.
It's what I want. Forza and GT can go to hell. The only thing those games are good for are inducing comas.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #9
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone

Sega MADE a new studio in Europe. Called Sega Driving Studio. So this game IS a SEGA game.

Joe stop being a ass fart. Obviously we are going to see hands on impressions in the upcoming gaming events for this and Golden Axe before retail.

GT and all other racing games show replay shots, to show off the look of the cars and enviorment before the actual gameplay. I suggest you grab a Tissue and wipe the tears away.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

fuck that I want sega rally made by the original arcade team. I want a real soundtrack just like all the others had. Don't come half on it like you did sega rally 2 dc port sega! So far you look suspect.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsofherwomb
Joe stop being a ass fart. Obviously we are going to see hands on impressions in the upcoming gaming events for this and Golden Axe before retail.

GT and all other racing games show replay shots, to show off the look of the cars and enviorment before the actual gameplay. I suggest you grab a Tissue and wipe the tears away.
I am a Sega fanboy, but I think you are a Sega fanboy x10,000. I know GT and Forza and all of the other crappy games out there show replay scenes. But why would I care about what the headlights of the car I am racing look like? Why would I care about detail I'll never see while playing the game? Any game can look good on replays. Stop being a colon-blocking turd by defending Sega and all others who do this. It is people like you who let companies think they can get away with showing screens that have nothing to do with the actual game. Hands-on impressions usually don't happen until the game is reviewed for final release or very close to it, and even then many reviews still only post the screens that Sega (or whatever company) gives them... which are replay screens because they look prettier. So to paraphrase myself, if the actual game screens looked good, they'd show them AS WELL AS the pretty replays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiuju2k
fuck that I want sega rally made by the original arcade team. I want a real soundtrack just like all the others had.
I agree! Sega Rally 1 was the best. Part 2 had a lot of potential. I agree that the DC port was NOT as good as it could/should have been.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
It's what I want. Forza and GT can go to hell. The only thing those games are good for are inducing comas.
Amen Brother man. Amen

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:10 AM   #13
shinobi00
Hyper Ninja 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiuju2k
fuck that I want sega rally made by the original arcade team. I want a real soundtrack just like all the others had.
you like sega cheese rock? I never played part 2, but part 1 was full of it.

Anyway this is by the same guy who did colin mcrae so it's probably going to be pretty good.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:39 AM   #14
GrantXP

I hope it still has funky music and Bright colourful scenery though. Even though I have a feeling the handling is going to be realer... Is it realy by the guy behind the original Colin Mcrae. Could be very good then.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:33 AM   #15
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Sega Rally 2 had some good music, less cheesey though. Still, the "Game Over Yeah!" is classic.