The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 01-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
BenX4

A lil bit of news on ASH (Mistwalker DS game)

ASH

This is a mysterious genre that combines RPG and Tactical elements. Development is at the "last spurt". Due for 2007 release.

- Cited from, neogaf.com's forums, specifically....http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=137420&page=5

No pictures, or any thing else, but at least we know that development is still progressing along. And if what Famitsu says its correct, it may be just about done.

Can't wait...something tells me this game is going to be something special. And since ASH does indeed involve time travel, as well as a number of people involved in the first Chrono game, it may end being the closest thing "Chrono" fans like me may get to a spiritual follow-up to that venerable series. ;)

I just hope that it will be able to stand out enough, so that it won't get over-shadowed by Square-Enix's DS goods slated to come out this year, as well. Especially the likes of FFXII: Revenant Wings and DQIX...

But in any case, since I'm sure at least SOME people wondered about this game's status, here's a small update...
BenX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Quote:
This is a mysterious genre that combines RPG and Tactical elements.
Mysterious? It's called a Tactical RPG.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm glad we have Alex here to do the detective work.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

They've released screens before. It was a little odd since the battles and such were using prerendered stuff and just playing the prerenders as you selected what to do. I think one or two shots where released, but that's about it.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #5
BenX4

Eh, I think the "pre-render" technique could actually turn out to be of some use. I mean, in the end, all it does is save the work of having to draw every single frame of animation for each attack in real time, while still having an overall nice presentation. And for a tactical-RPG, where a number of the same animations may be repeated numerous times through a single "stage" along, that may be all that's necessary to get the job done.

Still, I wish that they would at least show us some new screens, or give some new info...something!
BenX4 is offline   Reply With Quote