The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Reality
Sin and Punishment

MacWorld Tomorrow.

Well Gates had himself a little show the other day to announce all the.. well, normal stuff at M$. Xbox will do this or that sometime later, Vista is coming out we PROMISE!, and a few Apple ideas copied.

Well tomorrow is the big MacWorld show. Once a year Apple plays host to this fan show to announce their biggest works for that coming year. We will finally get to see OS X v5. While Vista has been working so hard on being on pair to OS X v3-4, Apple will show off tomorrow the next attention. Something Apple fans seem to believe will once again put Microsoft another 4 years behind. But we'll see. Its going to be fun to see how M$ attempts shines in comparison Apple's secretive little OS release.

I myself only expect a so and so show. I'm looking to hear how many iPods Apple sold last year (they do this every time) and we'll no doubt see some kind of new iPod update. In that sense I'm expecting another ipod that does nothing innovating. Probably won't be the true video ipod everyone wants so badly. And at the most it'll have wireless while still being some how .001% slimmer then the last model.

In terms of hardware I REALLY hope to see the Mac Mini's beefed up to 2.0GHz on their Core Duo. Beyond that I don't expect any other hardware updates. Only the new release of the "iTV". Apple's new over priced Media Center hardware.

The OS though is what I look forward to the most. In honesty I'm looking for OS Xv5 to look really no different then Panther & Tiger. Though I badly want to see Apple make a interface just as sharp as what my Vista skin on the PC is. Feature wise the new OS will probably support some 200 new features. (Just like how every new OS release says) Of course Apple wont tell you how many features they are removing in exchange. BootCamp is something I look forward to the most. It'll finally be out of beta.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
Probably won't be the true video ipod everyone wants so badly.
MAKE IT HAPPEN STEVE JOBS!!!!!!

Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

I dont realy care how far behind MS is. When an apple computer can run everything that my PC can then I will sit up and take notice, until then Apples could be run by Mr. Fusion for all I care.

I am looking forward to the new Ipod though. Hopefully they fix some of the problems of old and get some proper games going.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Macs have been running Windows stuff for a year or more now. Thats what Boot Camp is. Its a program that allows the install and booting of Windows XP/Vista. Then there is about 5 other 3rd party programs to can use instead. Ones that allow you to boot windows while OS X is still running. Another lets you just run Windows apps inside OSX instead of the whole ugly Operating system.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
Old 01-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

I know about bootcamp, but why would I buy a mac just to emulate what I can do anyway without any additional software? XP always works fine for me. I will leave Mac's to the Hipsters and the video editors.

Armory Link
Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Why? Cause you said you would sit up and take notice. Well starting noticing boy! Everything Apple shows tomorrow effects your windows future too. Cause what Apple shows now is what you'll be using in Vista2 siz years from now.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

whoa "boy" wow reality. If I didn't know any better.....

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

Thats fine with me Unlike the trendy hipster callage kids I dont need to have an OS that is so ahead of itself that it has to offer an option to run there rivals OS. Mac's are just an option for MS haters that cant figure out Linux.

Armory Link
Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

I enjoy playing around with Macs, they are fun machines. But they are poor replacements for gaming PCs. I'd never waste my time trying to make a gaming system out of a Mac.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #10
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Macs are just a option for MS haters who can't figure out Linux?

GET OUT OF MY THREAD!

I could figure out Linux if I felt like it..
Old 01-09-2007, 12:28 AM   #11
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Actually Mac is Linux now. Just with it's own GUI.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:35 AM   #12
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Are you thinking Linux or Unix? Cause OS X is built on Unix.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #13
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Linux and unix are pretty much the same thing.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #14
Drunken Savior

I hope the announcment is getting rid of the pastel colored iPod Nanos. I was gonna get one of the older ones but now I'm holding off...

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:33 AM   #15
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
Well Gates had himself a little show the other day to announce all the.. well, normal stuff at M$. Xbox will do this or that sometime later, Vista is coming out we PROMISE!, and a few Apple ideas copied.

Well tomorrow is the big MacWorld show. Once a year Apple plays host to this fan show to announce their biggest works for that coming year. We will finally get to see OS X v5. While Vista has been working so hard on being on pair to OS X v3-4, Apple will show off tomorrow the next attention. Something Apple fans seem to believe will once again put Microsoft another 4 years behind. But we'll see. Its going to be fun to see how M$ attempts shines in comparison Apple's secretive little OS release.

I myself only expect a so and so show. I'm looking to hear how many iPods Apple sold last year (they do this every time) and we'll no doubt see some kind of new iPod update. In that sense I'm expecting another ipod that does nothing innovating. Probably won't be the true video ipod everyone wants so badly. And at the most it'll have wireless while still being some how .001% slimmer then the last model.

In terms of hardware I REALLY hope to see the Mac Mini's beefed up to 2.0GHz on their Core Duo. Beyond that I don't expect any other hardware updates. Only the new release of the "iTV". Apple's new over priced Media Center hardware.

The OS though is what I look forward to the most. In honesty I'm looking for OS Xv5 to look really no different then Panther & Tiger. Though I badly want to see Apple make a interface just as sharp as what my Vista skin on the PC is. Feature wise the new OS will probably support some 200 new features. (Just like how every new OS release says) Of course Apple wont tell you how many features they are removing in exchange. BootCamp is something I look forward to the most. It'll finally be out of beta.
agree with everything here dude .. its all about the OS for me. I really want to get my hands on the tme machine feature ...
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote