The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 01-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
welshfreak
: )

Twlight Princess Conclusions?

Ok, I know there have been an ample amount of TP threads, but this one is different. I guess by now, most people who really wanted to play this game have played it sufficiently to make some sort of judgement on where this ranks on the Zelda scale.

To start, I'd say this game blends with my two very favourite Zelda games, OOT and MM. You get the same sense of scale from OOT (relative to '98 standards of course) with the huge sections of Hyrule field too explore and dropping by at different villages to stock up on supplies, you know, all those 'adventure' aspects to it, which are pulled of very well.

I also tasted a certain Majora's mask flavour in the story and it's theme, I don't know if anyone else picked up on this? Firstly, there is that almost immediate sense of danger from quite near the start, there is even an attempted mugging of Link on Epona, reminiscent the opening scene of MM.
Also, there is that distinct panic and lack of control, the feeling of time 'running out' on Hyrule, displayed by the panic buying of spring water in the Market town, soldiers marching through the streets and generally the 'oh shit what's going on' from all over the various Hyrule settlements. If you find yourself getting absorbed in Zelda games like me then you'll understand perfectly.

So yeah, let's not make this post too long, they are just two random impressions I felt from TP and it's probably a completely different experience for all you people reading, but that's just what I discovered. There is plenty not discussed, such as gameplay mechanics, music etc, but let's see what gets drawn from this thread eh?

Best Zelda ever? Give me more time but I've got a very good feeling about it. : D
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Seraph
>:3

I'm turning furry for Midna
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
welshfreak
: )

Heh, sure beats 'HEY LISTEN'
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
murray
<insert witty motto>

its a very good game, but its not goty (oblivion, gow, viva pinata are all better imo). I enjoyed it although i found the sidequests didnt fulfill my expecttions and were ultimately fruitless, a piece of heart as a reward usually.

The story was one of the better ones as far a zelda goes but still was a bit poo to be honest. After about 35 hours i just wanted to hurry up and finish it, ive never felt this before about a zelda game.

Still a great game, although apart from the controls nothing felt very new about it
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
Nindalf

almost as good as ocarina. 5th best zelda overall.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
PencilCase

Nice review Yeah really good game (apart from the frustrating bit where u hafta protect Ilia and Telma from getting burned while going kakariko). The graphics are really good especially in the twilight realm, and Midna's voice is quite cool and its a great game over all. Almost beats Ocarina almost.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
('')_('') sig to help him take over the world.
PencilCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
2nd best for me, beats having to play musical notes except for the wolf bit, i did enjoy the game very much though.
[GamerTag] Brock 5amson
Nano Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
jojjy_ugnick
Mr All-Beef Patties

Heard there's a lot of game breaking bugs in this game...
jojjy_ugnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojjy_ugnick
You heard wrong. There's only one and it's very unlikely that you'll experience it.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Never found any nor heard anything of that nature

Anyhow....

I really enjoyed the game, but will never return to it. It was good the first time through and was an exceptional experience, but it is one of those games in my opinion that once you've played through there is no point to play again. I loved the story and the dark nature of it. I was glad that they made the Zelda storyline dark and moody because, honestly, isn't the Zelda storyline depressing anyway (dark wizards takes over the land and puts everyone into a prison of sorts)? I just hope that with the next Zelda they add better side quests and a larger sword/shield/armor collection long with better items such as the magic coins from ALTTP. Great game and I think everyone owes it to themselves to play it.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojjy_ugnick
who ever told you talk is talking out of thier ditry fat behind mate
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #12
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Best game for 2006 that's for sure.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #13
Dane
punto_mod

This game has had its ups and downs for me. I absolutely love the combat system. its great. The enemies are miles too easy to defeat though. I wanted something a lot harder than this, and it just doesnt deliver.
The enemies on this game are far far far too easy to beat. Its a joke.
Ive waited for some decent, epic zelda boss battles for ages now.
They look amazing! best so far ever. BUT. theyre so damn easy to beat i could just cry. Midna just simply tells you exactly what to do. she doesnt give you a little hint (ocarina of time-navi) she literally tells you exactly what to do to defeat the bosses! Bosses are a huge letdown to me. theyre so enjoyable while they last, which isnt long at all. I havent actually died on this game once. It really is far too easy for us zelda fans.
Lets face it-we've all been waiting for this for a long time-the 'best zelda ever', and i actually believed it would be some kind of amazingly perfect game which nobody could fault. But im finding fault with it!! That shouldnt happen.
The overworld on this game is massive, and its awesome. But i still in all honesty cannot decide which i liked better, this one or a link to the past's.
Overall....this games amazing, and im still probably nowhere near finished it yet. The cut-scenes are my favorite part, i love them. This storyline is easily better than any other zelda game's.

Twilight Princess is my first/second best game ever.Ill decide soon.
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
When were Zelda games hard to begin with anyways?

Mario lost in Time was harder than the Zelda series was.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I died a lot in LttP. And in Link's Adventure. A died maybe 5-6 times in OoT when I played it. Right now in TP though, 8 hours in. No deaths. And I'm told I'm past the hardest parts. It'll be easier once I get my new suits. Jooooooooooy.