The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 11-16-2002, 05:01 PM   #1
Stokesy
lalala

Question crystal chronicles: whats goin on with it??

ok ,so we know some stuff about the game, like you can use four GBA's as controllers at once, and we've all seen either the screens and artwork or video of it from that advert in japan, but other than that.......nothing. whats going on with it? i seriously need this game! along with zelda, metroid prime,re4 and a few others, its at the top of my wish list pretty bad! if u hear any information about it, post it here!

Old 11-16-2002, 05:09 PM   #2
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Re: crystal chronicles: whats goin on with it??

Quote:
Originally posted by Stokesy
ok ,so we know some stuff about the game, like you can use four GBA's as controllers at once, and we've all seen either the screens and artwork or video of it from that advert in japan, but other than that.......nothing. whats going on with it? i seriously need this game! along with zelda, metroid prime,re4 and a few others, its at the top of my wish list pretty bad! if u hear any information about it, post it here!
Nothing is announced since they revealed the GBA-GC link up. Expect some sort of announcement this December when Nintendo is expected to hold some sort of conference.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:13 PM   #3
Stokesy
lalala

Quote:
Nothing is announced since they revealed the GBA-GC link up. Expect some sort of announcement this December when Nintendo is expected to hold some sort of conference.
till december then! i hope its really big, keeping in fit with the other titles.
on a different note, what are people looking foward to more? ff:x-2 or ff:cc? i know it may be a little biased asking on the gc forum, but oh well!
Old 11-16-2002, 08:08 PM   #4
Cobi*
renegade

i think square is trying to kill me. they really haven't said anything about this one. i think they are trying to get people to focus on ffx-2 more though seeing as it will be out before ff:cc. i think they announced ff:cc a little prematurely it isn't going to be out for a while right?
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 09:35 PM   #5
XzenoGear
TruE_soNy_paTriOt

yeah i think its supposed to be released next year right?
XzenoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 04:47 AM   #6
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

When I was exploring Walmart today I saw a free Gamecube promotional booklet that I picked up, I was rather suprised to flip it open and see Skies of Arcadia mentioned with some screens, but even more so at seeing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the page before it. It doesn't say much, and only shows screens already revealed. The article poses a GCN <> GBA connectivity logo on it. And the description reads the following:
Quote:
This long-awaited exclusive RPG adventure for Nintendo GameCube allows up the four players to connect their Game Boy Advance systems together in order to create a single party. Character stats will be shown on the individual Game Boy Advance screens, so if you end up poisoned, you'll have to ask the party's magic user for a healing spell! Not only will you interact with characters in the game, you will also need to discuss strategy with your fellow game players!
Judging from that we know that it's an RPG adventure. Probably close to the Secret of Mana style gameplay in which other players could play with you. I have heard you have the option to play alone however. The only thing I found odd was that below the pictures the booklet gives credits to the publishers of the games. F-zero, while developed by Sega, reads "Published by Nintendo." Previously when FF:CC was a no show at Tokyo Game Show people asked. Square had said that Nintendo would be handling the game and that all info on it will be released by Nintendo. Under the pictures of FF:CC it reads, "Published by Square."
Old 11-17-2002, 05:16 AM   #7
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

The info on it must be out of date. Magic Box reported that Nintendo will be pubishing all Game Designer Studios titles for GameCube and GBA.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:48 AM   #8
Stokesy
lalala

some sites are saying that its going to be a more action - orientated game, rather like zelda or mario 64(!!) they're only saying this because of the short video they've seen, which isnt actully in game footage apparently, but if it is action orientated, meaning real time battles like zelda (.....and mario??) could it work? i mean, all the other ff games arent like this, and it would be crazy to fight some of the Enemies in real time (but, now i think of it, kinda cool) anyway, is real time good or bad in ff games?
Old 11-17-2002, 05:32 PM   #9
XzenoGear
TruE_soNy_paTriOt

I personally think that all RPG's should all be real time, but also must be turn based. That is the essence of the Final Fantasy Saga. A game from square which is more like Zelda in terms of battle & exploration, would not feel right. Only the action-rpg makers Nintendo are excellent at this.

I pray to GOD! that Final fantasy cc will be turn based!
XzenoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:04 PM   #10
Stokesy
lalala

Well, just gonna have to wait till december....... thats too far away!