The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-29-2006, 02:50 AM   #1
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

Need for Speed

Just got myself a copy of Carbon. The game is horrid. Easily the worst game yet in the series.

But there is good news. Its atleast playable if you get the PC version. I turned down all the blur and things like that and the game is much better. You dont feel like you are racing in Bullet Time constantly anymore. Its too bad you cant do that on the 360 version =/

Its too bad the game has changed so much over the years. I remeber when it was suposed to be somewhat sim-based Ever since it lost the Road and Track label it has been going downhill. Brightest star since then was Motor City online and I hope to god they make a new version of that with some better cars. MCO was amazing, I loved that the damage was realistic in ways that we had never seen before and we still havent seen again. How many games can you say that you made a mistake buying used parts only to have some or all of them bust on you durring a race I remeber my Ranchero used to throw rods like it was a scottsmen with a tree trunk in its hands,

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
Nephilim

I loved the 3DO orginal, loved watching the burnout vid's and real arrest video's (ingame ones suck)
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #3
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone

psh, is all the levels at night? the level design and direction of the underground games was so **** i wanted to commit suicide.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 AM   #4
Alucard

Was never a big fan of the series, but the last few have really been super crap for my preference in driving games.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
QECocoa

i enjoyed most wanted..

but thats practically because i skipped both underground.. maybe thats the trick with ea games..

skip a few, then the improvement over the last you played will be significant enough
QECocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #6
Catharsis
FURIOUS Dan FTW

Dont get me wrong, I dont realy like the "Urban" need for speed games. I just like need for speed and thats the only choice I have these days.

Turning off the soundtrack and playing itunes in the background along with turning off alot the the absurd gfx filters makes the newest game somewhat enjoyable.

Most wanted was a pretty damn good game though, I dont know why they went back to underground style with this new one.

Armory Link
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote