The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 11-15-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
Alucard

The Official IGN SUCKS thread!

Yes thats right.. I said they suck and suck hardcore at that. Theres multiple reasons as to why they suck. Pages full of reasons can be given easily. Some say well dont go to the site then, as if this is the most ultimate of come backs for fans of IGN. I say, go run around in my corn fields so that you may be captured by Icarus and devoured. I do not go to their site unless someone points me to something there.

But thats beside the point. My new little rant stems from ANOTHER site. A site where a guy had up a VERY cool preview of how DOAX plays. He mentioned how the actual volleyball game flows very nicely and is addictive as hell. He mentioned the way gifts are given to other female members in order to make them play better with you, because you need to keep an eye on how they are feeling always. And also about how some girls will not join you no matter what if you are a certain character. etc etc I dont remember everything but it actually got me very interested in this game. More then before. It actually sounds pretty cool. So I go there to cut and paste the address and give to a friend for them to read and OHNO LOOKIT HERE!!

http://www.tokyopia.com/reviews.asp?reviewsid=40

I've taken the DOAX impressions down for now, despite them being hugely positive, and greatly liked by TEAM NINJA, developers of the game itself.

Apparently, the IGN Network whined to Tecmo USA that my impressions compromised their 'web rights' (hilarious) to coverage of DOAX.

My thanks to Osada (director) and Itagaki (producer) at Team Ninja, as well as Tsutsumi at Tecmo Japan for their kindness, time, and for being extremely cool and open with all their projects. These people represent the good guys in the industry.

And my thanks to IGN, for reminding us why exactly the world of online video game reportage is descending into an ugly, political hell where little can be trusted or taken at face value anymore.

Glad that fans of DOAX enjoyed the impressions while they were hosted. You guys won't be disappointed!

-Justin

Somehow IGN seems to be the most uberest site on the net and they have to hassle everyone. Why Tecmo agreed with them is beyond me. But I never read anything from IGN about such detail in the game. Only trash vagueness. IGN suck, they bug me even when I'm not at their site, and I swear to god everyone who supports them by giving them money so that the useless, annoying, misinformed on many occasions, trash site can stay up...oh I dont know. Get your priorities straight and go to sites that actually give beter news. IGN is like the AOL of video games. Annoying and there.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 02:10 PM   #2
Seska

Its bad enough that IGN exist, when all they do is lick the developers ass to get more "exclusives", its worse after reading this, that they are trying to force the public to read only their "exclusives" when others are giving the same, or even better information for free. Whatever happened to freedom of speech on the net?

Every day IGN disgusts me more - sod off and try forcing your poor excuse for videogame journalism down someone elses throat.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:13 PM   #3
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

I'd just like to point out that I've never "devoured" anyone before, nor do I have plans to in the future.

Jeez, you know how many people don't bathe regularly? It's disgusting.

That is all.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:20 PM   #4
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Just point the direction !

I'm on the same page as Alucard and Seska. I stopped going there like 2,5 yrs ago, their the worst of the worst..and normaly i don't mind or even think about them ..but by the look of it, it appears no matter what, you still feel their "influence" and what they did here is wrong!

Ign insider: Total crap, can't believe that thing is still alive. Shame on those that pays for insider! Everything inthere will be out on other site within a few days or most of the time at the same day! Shame shame shame .

conclusion: it's bad enough that we got some people stealing cars and blaming it on GTA .and now we got a gamesite that's turning it's back on the gamers by shutting down their freedom of speech! And force people to pay for something that will be out no matter what!

BAH ..luckaly there's alot of other independent site on the net! Ign can't touch them!
Old 11-16-2002, 12:12 AM   #5
Robo Halloween
Banned

IGN blows goats hard, I've seen them. It has to be the first site I stopped visiting for news when I first got internet access, followed by GameSpot.

Now, its all about the MagicBox!

But does anyone remember Daily Radar? That site kicked ass! Too bad they had to shut it down.
Robo Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 04:36 PM   #6
Twelve
Sky is gone; 12 is HERE!

Daily Radar dropped? Dang, that IS sad.
As for IGN, I liked them back in the day because they did comic reviews, but I'll NEVER pay to look at what I can find for free.

Old 11-16-2002, 04:49 PM   #7
Robo Halloween
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole's Sky
Daily Radar dropped?
Yeah, it did. Since...last year! YEARGHH!!
Robo Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 04:23 AM   #8
Alucard

You should probably check out Gamespy then if you liked Raider. Its sorta like it but better in my opinion. Excellent site.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #9
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Gamespy is nothing like teh Radar!

Though the Radar was notorious for getting things mixed up and backwards.. they were funny. I really liked their site. Especially their picture of the day.. those were hilarious. Plus they kept track of community things too, like AYB.

...The good ole' days...
Old 11-19-2002, 02:45 AM   #10
xXx Beaver xXx
OL's Personal \|/|-|0R3

I agree with you. I dont want to have to pay to hear some news on new games.

I could buy a magazine and do that.

- Triple X Beaver
Old 11-19-2002, 09:02 AM   #11
Olm52
uberfanboy

I dont really mind IGN. they have the best reviews. all the news. and they're just trying to make some money. you cant blame them for being succesful.
Olm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:09 AM   #12
Alucard

Best reviews? They have the most contradicting reviews of any site I've ever seen. They either speak trash or drool all over something for little reason. Heres an exaple for you... This is from the RE0 review

Lasting Appeal
As usual, there are enough hidden goodies to keep coming back for more. 6.

I'm sorry... When I see something like that I sort of expect more then a 6. 6 is like getting an extra outfit. And thats only one example. A very small one. They have HEAPS of retarded closing comments. I'm sure if I picked 5 games at random of things I've played I'd be able to find countless silly comments all through. They are one of the worst sites out there. And if any of you mugs out there are paying for the site to still be alive, I fart in your general direction. I'd rather ask the village idiot his opinion of a game then IGN. At least then I'd get a coherent answer.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:16 AM   #13
Seska

Ign have the best reviews? Well, thats probably a matter of opinion, though in MY opinion, if you stuck a pen up a monkeys ass and have him randomly wriggle it over a sheet of paper, you would get a better "review" and most of the stuff the IGN apes come up with.

So they try to charge you for their crap? Thats fine, I dont have to pay them if I dont want to read their trash. Some people do, some dont, thats okay.

But its NOT okay when Ign decide to close their grubby fingers around other website's necks, claiming "exclusivity". They are messing with freedom opf speech, FORCING readers to consume their hogswill, and that pisses me off. They deserve a slow and painful death.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:28 AM   #14
Olm52
uberfanboy

if IGN have paid for exclusive preview rights to DOAX, then its their right to make you swallow their hogswill, and noone elses.
Olm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:38 AM   #15
Seska

The matter of fact is that the previewer was in contact with Tecmo Japan and the actual developers of DOAX when he offered his preview, before IGN got all pissy and whined about it to Tecmo USA.

Maybe your ideal picture of web-journalism is having everyone eating from the same trough of garbage, but I dont see why IGN should be breathing down this guys neck for putting up TEXT abotu what he thought of the game. Thats right, not pics, just his OPINION.

People who fund IGN to continue using their crap politicking way of remaining on top of free journalism through the use of money, deserve to be put down. It is NO ONES right to tell you to shut up on your opinion, regardless or not that they have paid money to to voice theirs.