The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 11-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Woman, 92, dies in shootout with police

Wow. That grandma was hard as ****....

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/22/woman.shot.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Woman, 92, dies in shootout with police

POSTED: 10:18 a.m. EST, November 22, 2006

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- The niece of a 92-year-old woman shot to death by police said her aunt likely had reason to shoot three narcotics investigators as they stormed her house.

Police insisted the officers did everything right before entering the home Tuesday evening, despite suggestions from the woman's neighbors and relatives that it was a case of mistaken identity.

The woman, Kathryn Johnston, was the only resident in the house at the time and had lived there for about 17 years, Assistant Chief Alan Dreher said.

The officers had a legal warrant, "knocked and announced" before they forced open the door and were justified in shooting once fired upon, he said.

Sarah Dozier, the niece, told WAGA-TV that there were never drugs at the house.

"My aunt was in good health. I'm sure she panicked when they kicked that door down," Dozier said. "There was no reason they had to go in there and shoot her down like a dog."

As the plainclothes Atlanta police officers approached the house about 7 p.m., a woman inside started shooting, striking each of them, said Officer Joe Cobb, a police spokesman.

One was hit in the arm, another in a thigh and the third in a shoulder. The officers were taken to a hospital for treatment, and all three were conscious and alert, police said.

The Rev. Markel Hutchins, a civil rights leader, said Johnston's family deserves an apology.

"Of the police brutality cases we've had, this is the most egregious because of the woman's age," Hutchins said.

Hutchins said he would try to meet with Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington and would also meet with lawyers.

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
Seraph
>:3

its her fault for firing at police officers.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Heh, three police officers got tagged before they took her down. The Police in Georgia suck.

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Chronos
fuggit

Some dude I knew from boyscouts back in the day went off his meds (literally--the guy had major mental health issues) and charged police with a glass shard from the window he had just broke to gain entry into his girl's place (this is supposed...noone will really know if he had anything in his hands or not). He basically was screaming, then charged police who promptly fired 9 ROUNDS into my former boyscout buddy (tho we hadn't communicated since gradeschool, and this happened senior year of HS).

/end personal diatribe.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
its her fault for firing at police officers.
C'mon and kick my door down, I guarantee more than leg shots. Besides they were
Quote:
As the plainclothes Atlanta police officers
. Chances are since she was 92 she didn't hear them announce themselves as officers.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
Antipilor
Predating Jesus by 1 mil.

Just freakin' wow.
Celebrate relentlessness, Menace to society
Antipilor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I can't wait till I get old, you will guys will be hearing about me in the news a lot, heheh it's funny when it's old people.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote