The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-19-2006, 02:47 AM   #1
Dark_Future

Crying Help with MY iPOD 60GB Video Please!

I had the misfortune of buying an iPod 60GB Video, which isn't sold anymore in the Apple stores for some reason. Long story short, I put my entire 32 GB collection into the device, and after spending tens of hours sorting out the songs, renaming some, and adding album photos, I suddenly received a corrupt file message. Basically, I can no longer add/delete or modify anything in iPod. The exact message I got is "iTunes:iTunes.exe -Corrupt File The file or directory \iPod_Control\Artwork\ArtworDB is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chdsk utility."

The dickwads at the Apple store said that the problem is with my computer. I know it's not because I tried my iPod with two other computers and I still got the same frikken message.They offered to format my iPod but I told them I need to backup my stuff first. The "Genius" guy suggested that I use 3rd-Party programs to do, but declined from naming any programs, understandably.

I don't want to simply format my iPod because of the time I spent sorting out the songs. Do you guys know of any decent program that allows me to backup all my songs without asking me to pay them for that? All shareware programs that I found want to charge me 20-30 dollars for that and I think it's just unfair. I want to back up my songs and then format that SOB and perhaps buy a different device. F&^% Apple and their crappy costumer service!
Dark_Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 02:57 AM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

If you had a Mac I could link you like 5 free apps that can do this. Even free apps better then what Windows people charge for. But sadly you got a PC and that makes things much harder. What you should try if finding a good program, then yo a serial search for it. Or maybe a torrent. Cheap is free after all!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:09 AM   #3
Dark_Future

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to find a serial for a number of programs, such as CopyPod_Suite_v1.12., iPod2PC 3.6.0.2 and CopyPod v8.60 that would only provide a partial service otherwise. I wasn't able to locate any of those, though.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #4
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Did you even run the ChkDisk utility?
That doesnt clear your data, so run it, it will find and repair the broken file.
Did that for mine and my sisters.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:50 AM   #5
Dark_Future

Yeah. I did run the Chkdsk utlity. It did nothing to fix the iPod. I checked the Apple website a while ago and they said to download an iPod Updater.exe. If that still didn't work, said they, I should refer to my backup, cuz I need to format the damn thing!!

The strangest thing is, some of the already-deleted songs still show on my iPod, but can't be played, naturally. Moreover, album photos can no longer be displayed.