The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

Heroes of Annihilated Empires & Gothic III

Here are two upcoming releases that are under-the-radar:

Heroes of Annihilated Empires
Quote:
A realtime strategy game where six great races are on the verge of terrible conflict, and you are the hero who will decide whether this war brings greatness to the land or devastation to this world. Beginning with a rather ordinary man, you shall walk your path, gathering your followers around, coming through treachery, death of friends and leaving new hope behind. Search for magical artifacts, treasures and lost attainments in ancient ruins and dangerous dungeons. Growing stronger, you will build bases were you can train your troops and eliminate foes in the area. As one of 18 characters, your hero will grow both by experience points and by choices he has made as the army amasses. Lead your troops well as you build up to large-scale combat encompassing up to 64,000 units on the battlefield.

* Main game features:
- Seemless combination of two genres RTS and RPG with a possibility to combine or choose in-between.
- Massive battles of armies of many thousand units.
- Four unique races. Individual skills, spells and artifacts.
- 12 heroes, 12 neutral races, 100 different units and 150 different buildings.
- Over 150 magic items and more than 100 spell types.
- Peculiar and captivating campaign storyline created by a renowned author Ilya Novak.
- Original magic system based on cards with spells equally interesting to any kind of player. Over 50 spell cards.
- Classic multiplayer mode. Up to 7 players via LAN or Internet.
- Involving process of hero development through the gameplay.

Gothic III
Quote:
With invading Orcs enslaving the human kingdom, only a handful of rebels remain hiding in the forests and mountains of Midland. Choose between joining the rebellion or serve the Orcish Usurpers, but you will ultimately tip the scales and decide the outcome of the last war to save humanity.

Gothic III provides a living world where the players can freely choose the way they want to play; whether exploring the world and enjoying its rich and enchanted atmosphere or following a darker path, and even ultimately destroying it. Every choice and action the player makes will directly echo and affect the world of Gothic, creating a life-like environment and allowing for complex character interaction.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

Heroes looks like it could be good. I wonder how similar it will be to Spellforce, which I believe is one of the few semi-successful games that tried to combine the RTS and RPG genres.
da missinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

I enjoyed both Spellforce games a lot. So I'm hoping it is as good.

You can download the beta for it here from Fileplanet:
http://www.fileplanet.com/162798/dow...d-Empires-Beta

I played it for about 40 minutes. The beginning was ok. But when I began encountering 100s of units, I experienced awful lag... Pretty disappointing.

Last edited by Daniel4802; 11-11-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Daniel4802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #4
Alucard

Heroes does look interesting. I've played a little of Gothic3 and its pretty good. However I would recommend to install the patches FIRST as this fixes up some balancing issues and wild boars dont become godly anymore.

Daniel, whats your pcs cpu/videocard/ram? Lag usually isnt a game problem but hardware.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.4GHz with 2.0 GB RAM and a nVidia GeForce 7900GTO card.

This is what is recommended for Heroes:
Recommended:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Video: nVidia GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X800
RAM: 1 GB

It is more of an issue with framerates when 100s of those small units fill the screen.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
Alucard

I'm guessing you have aliasing switched off and shadows too? And you arent playing at some retarded 1600x1200 res.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote