The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
welshfreak
: )

Internet Dictionaries

Now, I'm gloriously unaware and not really caring about the firefox updates but I finally got the dictionary add on downloaded and I must say it's rather great. This may seem like very little to some people, well, everyone probably, but I quickly got the English, Welsh and French dictionaries downloaded so as I type I can correct my spellings, in all 3 languages, which is just great. Considering how sometimes you can get the grammar mixed up, this saves me so much time and effort trying to remember, the correct tense and other rules.

Long live internet dictionaries. Until we get the whole world speaking English so I don't have to bother any more.
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
Nindalf

grammar is for losers.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
welshfreak

Only the cool cats punctuate, sorry.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
Chronos
fuggit

WOOten!

Give that to paper.exe.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:36 AM   #5
tpfkanep
Gaming since Nov 11, 2006

Quote:
but I quickly got the English, Welsh and French dictionaries downloaded so as I type I can correct my spellings,
Is Welsh a popular language? I thought it's just some old language that has lost it's use in everyday life?
tpfkanep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:18 AM   #6
welshfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpfkanep
Is Welsh a popular language? I thought it's just some old language that has lost it's use in everyday life?

Yeah, it is really. I don't like it, but most people in Wales are bi-lingual to some degree and it's a compulsory subject in school and everything and the law says that everything official/legal must be available in both languages, so you see it about. Road signs and stuff like that are in Welsh. To be honest, it'd just be easier if everyone and everything was in English.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:33 AM   #7
tpfkanep
Gaming since Nov 11, 2006

I disagree. You need to hold onto your culture at all costs. Its what separate, in a good way, us from each other, giving us identity. Here in ZA we have 11 official languages... By all means learn English, which I am sure you have mastered, but never let elements of your culture go down and be forgotten.

Diversity is good.

Apologies for derailing your thread.
tpfkanep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:35 AM   #8
Paper exe
Pwnd

I say if the language is useless and the country is using a different language, which is better than the old one, then kill it I say. The more language a culture has the more retarded they are. It is not like they invented the language, the language was made and effectted by a lot of other cultures in a matter of fact a lot of these languages might have the same origin as the replacement or already taken from a different culture, so I simply see no difference in this case.

Some retarded Arabian for an example start talking a language of their own! just look at them, they are the most retarded people. The worst part is that, that isn't even their language, but a mix of a retarded French and Arabic, and no one could understand what the crap they say, even in these day!
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote