The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 03:50 AM   #1
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,819
Japanese Wii Pricing

Quote:

While the world was keeping a close eye on Sony's pricing policy for PlayStation 3 software, Nintendo and its third parties went about announcing a surprising set of prices for Wii games. In Japan, Wii owners are, on average, going to be paying less per game.


Here's the current known pricing for Wii software. All prices include 5% consumption tax. Games are listed from most expensive to least.

Necronesia (Spike): 7140 yen
Bleach Wii (Sega): 7140 yen
Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo): 6800 yen
Red Steel (Ubisoft): 6800 yen
Sengoku Musou Wave (aka Samurai Spirits, Koei): 6090 yen
Furu Furu Paaku (Taito): 6090 yen
GT Pro Series (MTO): 6090 yen
Elebits (Konami): 6090 yen
Caduceus Z (aka Trauma Center, Atlus): 6090 yen
Swing Golf Panya (Tecmo): 6090 yen
Wing Island (Hudson): 6090 yen
SD Gundam (Bandai Namco): 6090 yen
Crayon Shin Chan (Banpresto): 6090 yen
Odoru Made in Wario (aka Wario Ware, Nintendo): 5800 yen
Pokemon Battle Revolution (Pokemon): 5800 yen
Ennichi no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco): 5040 yen
Mahjong Taikai Wii (Koei): 5040 yen
Hajimete no Wii (Nintendo): 4800 yen
Wii Sports (Nintendo): 4800 yen

The current "standard" pricing for PlayStation 2 games is 6,800 yen, or with tax, 7,140 yen. Only four Wii titles have reached that point (Nintendo covers the tax in its 6,800 yen prices, although we're not sure why Ubisoft is using Nintendo's pricing policy for Red Steel).

Average Wii pricing seems to be about 1000 yen less, or 5,800 yen. Simple games like Wii Sports and Mahjong Taikai are priced even lower, at 4,800 yen.

looks like the japs are getting a good deal

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/740/740747p1.html
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
UniGamer
The Fanboy Bully
 
UniGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 1,306
That?s cool it sets them apart from the others. Plus they couldn't honestly charge the same amount as PS3 and 360 games seeing the difference in development costs.
__________________
Quote:
Bullying fanboys since 89.
UniGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Paper exe
Pwnd
 
Paper exe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,847
How much is 7140, 6800 and 6090 yan!?
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
How much is 7140, 6800 and 6090 yan!?
$60, $57, $51

man the japs pay a lot for there games if these are cheaper or the same as the current PS2 prices in japan ...

LOL .. how much more are the PS3 game in japan if the PS2 titles are $60 ... LOL .. F**K that ...

no wonder they play so many RPGS that take ages to complete .. they cannot afford to buy to many games ... lol...
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
artraider
Registered User
 
artraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 203
you can finish a rpg just as quick as any outher title
artraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
littlewig
Registered User
 
littlewig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,071
That's pretty cool, if you convert the pricing to US dollars and take away the difference from what Japan usually pays for a game($60), it's like paying $40 for a game in the US.

I wonder why Bleach Wii and of all things Nercrapesia are over 7000 yen though.
littlewig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #7
BGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniGamer
That?s cool it sets them apart from the others. Plus they couldn't honestly charge the same amount as PS3 and 360 games seeing the difference in development costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
All I was saying was the extra money because of publishing is NOT the real reason of any price hikes. This is a fact. Noone can put an argument against this because theres way too many examples to prove this theory wrong. Alot of analysts and people close to the development and gaming scene have already laughed this excuse off as just the publishers wanting more money, which is the plain truth.

You can talk about the prices if you like just as long as insults dont go flying left and right and the conversations are about common sense and not who can win the forum 'argument' and become king. Lemme give a QUICK example of current games... MS2-3 came out a little more expensive then other games. At least thats how it was in my stores. Usually console games are $99 for us. Always been like that. Konami however slapped $120 price tags on MGS and Silent Hill games. One might think w00t, they spend forever making MGS games and spend HEAPS of money. Development costs state this should be a little higher then other games. But then you turn your head to Pro Evolution Soccer. Its also $120. Thats where things buckle.

A publisher charges whatever the hell they want. The bluray/nextgen BS is just that. BS to make gamers think they're getting better quality because they're paying more. Sony and other developers DID state the games will cost more. Even Microsoft said it. However considering the quality of games that are coming out, and then comparing them to the PC games which HAVENT changed in price and actually seem to be getting CHEAPER, one wonders exactly why the console scene is so fucking far up its stupid arse that its managing to lose more and more intelligence with every eager sniff its cavity offers.
Remember this?
BGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
UniGamer
The Fanboy Bully
 
UniGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 1,306
I didn't even need to finish reading Alucard's quote to guess where you were trying to go with this. Allow me to nip it in the bud before it escalates.

I am talking about the current $59.99 price for PS3 and 360 games. Wii games cost about the same to make as the GC games( which sold at $49.99). Nintendo are also pushing their machine to be as ?cheap as chips?. Which is why i used the word "honestly" and didn't use absolute words like you did during our argument for example "has to" "must be" and ?logically?

You stated PS3 games would cost more than the 360 games. Because it was the only logical conclusion you could see. As guaranteed as the sunrise in a sense.
You couldn't see any options other than your logical price increase. My job was pointing out Sony had other avenues available to them to match the 360?s 59.99 price and remember who was right?

As for the Alucard quote i didn't need it during our argument. I didn't reference to it in anyway he spoke for himself so, if you have a niggling point on it PM him don't call me out.
__________________
Quote:
Bullying fanboys since 89.

Last edited by UniGamer; 10-21-2006 at 03:18 PM.
UniGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #9
BGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniGamer
I didn't even need to finish reading Alucard's quote to guess where you were trying to go with this. Allow me to nip it in the bud before it escalates.

I am talking about the current $59.99 price for PS3 and 360 games. Wii games cost about the same to make as the GC games( which sold at $49.99). Nintendo are also pushing their machine to be as ?cheap as chips?. Which is why i used the word "honestly" and didn't use absolute words like you did during our argument for example "has to" "must be" and ?logically?

You stated PS3 games would cost more than the 360 games. Because it was the only logical conclusion you could see. As guaranteed as the sunrise in a sense.
You couldn't see any options other than your logical price increase. My job was pointing out Sony had other avenues available to them to match the 360?s 59.99 price and remember who was right?
Where's your proof 360 and PS3 games cost more to develop for? I let that other thread go by the way, I never said they have to cost more ,"I SAID :
1)They will pass the cost onto the consumer
2)They will eat the cost
3) They won't make full use of blue ray
Just because you have a link to the first, it still doesn't disprove the last 2.


Too bad yo didn't bother reading Alucard's entire post because:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
A publisher charges whatever the hell they want. The bluray/nextgen BS is just that. BS to make gamers think they're getting better quality because they're paying more. Sony and other developers DID state the games will cost more. Even Microsoft said it. However considering the quality of games that are coming out, and then comparing them to the PC games which HAVENT changed in price and actually seem to be getting CHEAPER, one wonders exactly why the console scene is so fucking far up its stupid arse that its managing to lose more and more intelligence with every eager sniff its cavity offers.
If PC games haven't gotten more expensive since last gen , then your argument about Wii isn't next gen just flew out the window! I noticed you didn't argue with Alucard back then care to now?

Last edited by BGM; 10-21-2006 at 03:41 PM.
BGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
UniGamer
The Fanboy Bully
 
UniGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM
Where's your proof 360 and PS3 games cost more to develop for? I let that other thread go by the way, I never said they have to cost more ,"I SAID :
1)They will pass the cost onto the consumer
2)They will eat the cost
3) They won't make full use of blue ray
Just because you have a link to the first, it still doesn't disprove the last 2.


Too bad yo didn't bother reading Alucard's entire post because:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
A publisher charges whatever the hell they want. The bluray/nextgen BS is just that. BS to make gamers think they're getting better quality because they're paying more. Sony and other developers DID state the games will cost more. Even Microsoft said it. However considering the quality of games that are coming out, and then comparing them to the PC games which HAVENT changed in price and actually seem to be getting CHEAPER, one wonders exactly why the console scene is so fucking far up its stupid arse that its managing to lose more and more intelligence with every eager sniff its cavity offers.
Oh man this crap again...okay first please clearly state and define what your are actually arguing about this time. You are all over the place:

You first bring up a point i made about the pricing of current Wii games in this thread. Unfortunately for you the choice of words i decided to use ensured you failed at calling me out.

The reason you so badly failed in the PS3 thread was because you stated your opinions as if you somehow had access to a time machine. How could you think I?d emulate your mistake?

All i said here was "honestly". Honesty is something which Nintendo and her fans believe they have in abundance. Obviously Nintendo can charge whatever they want for a game. If a Wii game costs 10p to make they could charge ?100 if they wanted.
?PS3 & 360? games cost $59.99 that's the average standard. Nintendo and 3rd party Developers have said the Wii's development costs and time is about the same as the GC?s.

Therefore Nintendo couldn't honestly charge the same as 360 or PS3 games. Now if like you i had maybe said "There is no way Nintendo could charge ?59.99? for Wii games. Then you'd have a point to bring me up on, as it stands you don?t. Failed again.

As for the numbered points:

Your actual point through out the whole argument was BR games will cost more to create than 360 games and as a direct result consumers will pay more. Like i said my aim was to point out there were other avenues available to Sony to retain a competitive price on PS3 games.

Even when the official prices where announced you still kept on with your absolute comments.
Which is when it became painfully obviously your comments weren?t logical but, fanboy based.
Didn?t you wonder why the people backing you up. Suddenly stopped after the official price list was posted?

Btw you are fooling anybody. You let the argument go?

Quote:
If PC games haven't gotten more expensive since last gen , then your argument about Wii isn't next gen just flew out the window! I noticed you didn't argue with Alucard back then care to now?
Who is debating whether the Wii is Nexgen or not? Go start a thread and i'll get to you on that. I based my post on comments made by Nintendo and third party developers. Who have stated development cost and time is pretty similar to the gamecube's.

If you got "the Wii" isn't nextgen from my comments then you have a complex about the Wii's hardware. We can address that in a thread entitled ?Is the Wii Next Gen??.

Me argue??? with Alucard...never!!! My *argument * then as it is now. Is with you and nobody else you need to hold you own ground.

*Grumble*
Making me type out all this crap because i said a positive thing about the Wii. I guess i should just ignore the positive and stick to highlighting the negative parts of Nintendo's new platform.
__________________
Quote:
Bullying fanboys since 89.

Last edited by UniGamer; 10-21-2006 at 05:34 PM.
UniGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #11
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,819
Geez who would have thought a thread about wii game prices would start such a maD rant from BGM

#BGM
... dude u wanna pull that club nin tv style Wiimote out ya ass dude .. geez i love nin but u are talking total crap ...

#Unigamer
... if i were u i would not waste your time typing anything to this total end
.. but ...

if u wanna carry on ...
"u go girl friend "... lol ..
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
BGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniGamer
Oh man this crap again...okay first please clearly state and define what your are actually arguing about this time. You are all over the place:
How so?

Quote:
You first bring up a point i made about the pricing of current Wii games in this thread. Unfortunately for you the choice of words i decided to use ensured you failed at calling me out.
Your statement seems to suggest that development costs aren't as high for Wii as 360 or PS3. Link please.

Quote:
The reason you so badly failed in the PS3 thread was because you stated your opinions as if you somehow had access to a time machine. How could you think I?d emulate your mistake?
I never failed in that thread, because those last 2 statements weren't proven false. I see you do get the irony of your post about Wii cdevelopment costs aren't as much. We switched sides this time and you are trying to argue my point of last time.

Quote:
All i said here was "honestly". Honesty is something which Nintendo and her fans believe they have in abundance. Obviously Nintendo can charge whatever they want for a game. If a Wii game costs 10p to make they could charge ?100 if they wanted.
PS3 & 360? games cost $59.99 that's the average standard. Nintendo and 3rd party Developers have said the Wii's development costs and time is about the same as the GC?s.
Going by your arguments of last time, how do yiou know it's actually only costing them $49.99 to develop, according to you there are other options that could help them keep form charging gamers the actual full price?

Quote:
Therefore Nintendo couldn't honestly charge the same as 360 or PS3 games. Now if like you i had maybe said "There is no way Nintendo could charge ?59.99?. Then you'd have a point to bring me up on, as it stands you don?t. Failed again.
You still haven't proven your point that 360 and PS3 cost more to develop for than Wii or PC's(by the way aren't PC'S just as powerful as 360 and PS3 ?) Why would it cost more to develop for PS3 and 360 and not PC's ?

As for the numbered points:

Quote:
Your actual point through out the whole argument was BR games will cost more to create than 360 games and as a direct result consumers will pay more. Like i said my aim was to point out there were other avenues available to Sony to retain a competitive price on PS3 games.
Wrong my point was they would cost more to develop, I said there were other options than passing it onto the consumer but you chose to ignore them.

Quote:
Even when the official prices where announced you still kept on with your absolute comments.
Which is when it became painfully obviously your comments weren?t logical but, fanboy based.
Didn?t you wonder why the people backing you up. Suddenly stopped after the official price list was posted?
You have already proven yourself to be the fanboy not me, official price release still does not disprove they will eat the cost or not make full use of blue ray. When your point is lost you must resort to the labeling .

Quote:
Btw you are fooling anybody. You let the argument go?
Yes I did. You still have not proved those other 2 statements wrong.

Quote:
Who is debating whether the Wii is Nexgen or not? Go start a thread and i'll get to you on that. I based my post on comments made by Nintendo and third party developers. Who have stated development cost and time is pretty similar to the gamecube's.
I took it you were by your nip it in the bud comment about Wii costing less to develop for.

Quote:
If you got "the Wii" isn't nextgen from my comments then you have a complex about the Wii's hardware. We can address that in a thread entitled ?Is the Wii Next Gen??.
I am going to get a Nintendo Wii, it is "BETWEEN GEN" by the way.

Quote:
Me argue? with Alucard...never!!! My *argument * then as it is now. Is with you and nobody else you need to hold you own ground.
Your above arguments about Wii cost less to develop for than 360 or PS3 is arguing with Alucard's statement that PC games now are as cheap or cheaper than last gen but nice try.

Quote:
All this crap because i said a positive thing about the Wii. I guess i should just ignore the positive and stick to highlighting the negative parts of Nintendo's new platform.
Do as you wish , just be prepared to be called on it ;)
BGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #13
UniGamer
The Fanboy Bully
 
UniGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 1,306
*Takes a quick glance*

Dude you are seriously hopeless.

btw When i say cost (49/59 .99) i mean final RRP price. It's why when i refer to dev cost & time. I reference to statements and don't actually state a figure.
__________________
Quote:
Bullying fanboys since 89.

Last edited by UniGamer; 10-21-2006 at 05:43 PM.
UniGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #14
BGM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniGamer
*Takes a quick glance*

Dude you are seriously hopeless.
Well I take it you are letting this thread go then ? Glad to see I got my point across then have a nice day ;)
BGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #15
UniGamer
The Fanboy Bully
 
UniGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 1,306
The funny thing is the argument you used to call me out. Isn't even valid in the first place.
I am just using better judgement and have accepted the fact debating with you is a waste of time. You really need to hone and develop those skills of yours. As it stands each time you try it you just embarrass yourself.
__________________
Quote:
Bullying fanboys since 89.
UniGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.