The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 11-08-2002, 12:56 PM   #1
blueskied

Yu-gi-oh Falsebound Kingdom Info???

Hmm. I've just discovered Konami's exclusive Gamecube game "Yu-gi-oh: Falsebound Kingdom" is being released here in Japan in less than a month, on December 5th. I'm really close to pre-ordering this game, but I don't know just yet. There is zero info on this game though the screen shots I've seen look AMAZING. It's a "strategy war RPG", and it reminds me a lot of the Dragon Force games on the Saturn (which were awesome!). The art style is fantastic in this game, classic Konami greatness. The game looks very dark and foreboding and is supposed to be a complete 180 from the cutsey TV show, GBA and PSone games.
Anyway know some more concrete info on this game? It looks so darn good I'll probably jump the gun and pre-order it anyway though! Oh I'm way too impulsive. The problem is it comes out December 5th, and that gives me precisely 8 days to play through the game, as when my copy of Zelda is in my hands on December 13th, that's all I'm going to be playing!

cheers!
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 01:57 PM   #2
BigBadWolf

Arrow

is there any new info on this game

like its release in the us dang japan is so lucky the are one of the best game makers
Old 11-08-2002, 11:59 PM   #3
blueskied

The only good info/screens I've been able to find are here at magicbox, here's the link:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game090502a.htm

Look at those pics and tell me this game doesn't look *amazing*! I'm pretty sure I"m going to get this game the day it comes out. It looks too good to pass up.

There's no US release planned. Gamefaqs.com has a Europe release listed as Nov 22 of this year, but that's a bunch of crap. This is a japanese SRPG, and it's not coming out in Europe 2 weeks before its release in Japan-- I'd bet there hasn't even been any translation done yet. As of now it's only scheduled/planned release is in Japan.

cheers!
Old 11-09-2002, 12:04 AM   #4
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Looks awesome, I heard of this series, its very popular, isn't there a lot of Game Boy games for this title? Is this an internal developed Konami title, or they just published it? Konami is not Nintendo friendly as they were a long time ago.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:06 AM   #5
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Oh forgot, here are more screens

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game062602a.htm
Old 11-09-2002, 12:10 AM   #6
blueskied

This is an internal "in-house" Konami game. I know that much. You can tell by the art style as it is reminiscent of Genso Suikoden and Policenauts.

Wow, as I was writing this I just saw a commercial for Pokemon Ruby/saffire! pretty cool. 8)
Old 11-09-2002, 12:13 AM   #7
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Blueskied, you've asked a while what Metroid Prime release was in Japan, Nintendo today announced it would be out in February. Zelda is hitting America the same month right?
Old 11-09-2002, 12:20 AM   #8
blueskied

Yeah I saw that. February for metroid here in Japan. I was hoping it would be january, it's sort of a letdown. I don't know why it's taking them 3 months to release this game in Japan, fusion too, even though fusion was developed in Japan! That's crazy. At this point I'm thinking of getting a freeloader and buying the US version.

Supposedly Zelda will come out in America in Feb. I don't know, some people say feb, others say June, but Nintendo America is still saying Feb so maybe they can pull it off!

cheers!
Old 11-16-2002, 12:37 AM   #9
blueskied

The official website for this game was just opened yesterday. Check it out here:

http://www.konamijpn.com/products/yugioh_fk/index.html

It's all in japanese, but just click on all the different links and you'll see some wonderful pictures. This game looks amazing!!

cheers!
Old 11-16-2002, 03:29 AM   #10
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

How popular is this series in Japan?
Old 11-16-2002, 03:34 AM   #11
blueskied

Quote:
Originally posted by Solar
How popular is this series in Japan?
It's pretty popular among kids. Not near "Pokemon popular", but the GBA games all sold really well. I'd estimate this GC game will sell between 100,000-200,000 copies if it gets fair/good reviews, and maybe more if it gets great reviews. The game looks really good, but you can only tell so much from screen shots, you know? I'm waiting to see what reviews the japanese press gives it.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:48 AM   #12
blueskied

IGN cube just posted a nice preview article of the game. It sounds great! read it here:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/377/377839p1.html

I'll probably pick this up on December 5th. I'll post how it is after I get it. Ugh, too many good games coming out too soon! (never thought I'd say that. But I don't have time to play all of them!!).
Old 11-20-2002, 10:57 AM   #13
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Sweet- I'm not into Yugi-Oh, though I see the cartoon every now and then, but I won't pass up a good game! This is looking pretty sweet. The article makes it sound like there will be a US release too, though they don't know when.

Oh and blueskied, what was that Pokemon comercial like?
Old 11-20-2002, 11:07 AM   #14
blueskied

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Sweet- I'm not into Yugi-Oh, though I see the cartoon every now and then, but I won't pass up a good game! This is looking pretty sweet. The article makes it sound like there will be a US release too, though they don't know when.

Oh and blueskied, what was that Pokemon comercial like?
I'm not into Yugioh either. I've never seen the cartoon! But this game looks really sweet, you're right. I would think they'll do a US release, Yugioh is pretty popular in the states and they've released most of the other Yugioh games in the states so Konami would be pretty stupid not to release it there. They'll probably wait and see how it does in Japan first though.

The pokemon commercial? I've seen it twice though I don't remember all the details. It has some footage of the game with a Japanese announcer guy talking over it, then it shows the sapphire and ruby pokemon (the ones on the respective boxes--I don't know their names) flying through space quickly, then a shot of kid putting his GBA in his backpack and a closeup on the backpack. That's all I remember. Not especially exciting. Nintendo has a cool new commerical for their Platinum GC system with Ichiro, and they show the wavebird and the emerald controller and then, for some strange reason, lots of Zelda footage (more footage than the rest of the stuff!).

There have been tons of Biohazard 0 commercials here over the past 2 weeks. I've seen 3 tonight during primetime TV, as the game is being released tomorrow. Really hyping it up.

Saw a very, VERY cool Tales of Destiny 2 commercial here for the PS2 tonight as well. VERY cool. I don't have a PS2 but this made me think about getting one.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:11 AM   #15
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Yu Gi Oh for GBA were one of the top seller last month in the US.
Black Ace is offline   Reply With Quote