The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 09-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Ryan_Falco
Banned

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, British Dominion of Canada
Nintendo's gone insane.

What is all this crappy stuff I'm seeing from them? The new starfox design is retarded, it looks like something out of a friggin Barney episode they look so childish... why is DK's voice different? He talks now and sounds like a seagull with down syndrome being strangled by bagpipes its just silly...

The Mario Kart 64 sequal for the Cube was just unbelievably lame, and the 2 people driving at once idea didn't make any sense at all and was frankly... really really confusing.
They are in this fase now where they are trying to "revolutionize the video gaming industry"... who said it needed to be? Why don't they concentrate on what people react well too and ask for and actually WANT?? Not what they TELL you that you want. When did you ever sit down at your N64 playing a great round of Goldeneye or DK64 and think... "wouldn't this be great if the controller was like a TV remote and I could swing around and clap and dance and be interactive omg this is lame I want a revolution"... NEVER RIGHT? Yeah! Nintendos delirious!

The N64 controller was easy to manage with great button accesibility, and everyone I knew at the time owned a 64. Frankly it was great the way it was, I was hoping for new systems with better accesibility on the controllers and even MORE great games from the hard core video gaming company we all recognize and love... but sadly. no... The new Nintendo games are barely playable, the music is retarded-ass, the games get boring after 5 minutes and the only praise they get are from weird Japanese old men with funny haircuts. I mean c'mon nintendo! Ocarina of time... THAT was good times. Super Mario 64... the best. Goldeneye... the bomb. Zelda the windwaker...

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! And what is this Wii bullshit why would I want to sit at a screen and move my hand around like im holding a sword, TV remote style controller is so lame. Losing RARE sorta messed them up too... Nintendo either fired some really smart people or theyre taking too much drugs because its gone to hell and I'm abandoning it. When I bought the cube I loved Luigi's Mantion and Super Mario Sunshine but that was pretty much it you know... seriously pull your **** together nintendo or your gonna go bankrupt.... Nintendo Wii. Give me a break! Yeah I love Nintendo but I sort of think theyve gone insane and are putting out the crappiest **** I've ever seen... C'mon! More of the N64 like titles please! Ur new games suck you stupid jerks! I hate you now, nintendo, and now im moving to PC gaming cus I've lost hope in consoles! You can't stick onto a company forever for what they've done in the past. You need to pay attention to what theyre doing at the present. Nintendos been in a constant downfall since the cube and either they pull theyre **** together or theyre going bankrupt. Just my views on the subject anyone else agree??

Last edited by Ryan_Falco; 09-01-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Ryan_Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Good thing nintendo regularly comes to this forum so they'll know to change their style for you.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
Keits
Kaizoku da!

Holy ****, that block of text made my eyes bleed.

Try editing it, and adding paragraphs and punctuation if you want anyone to actually bother reading it.
Keits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
Ryan_Falco
Banned

Well does anyone agree though or are you just brainless Nintendo fanboys like I was with the Cube?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
Keits
Kaizoku da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Falco
Well does anyone agree though or are you just brainless Nintendo fanboys like I was with the Cube?
Agree?! I can't even READ it!

It makes my head and eyes hurt SO badly.

But I will tell you this; everyone wants something different. Nintendo not doing what YOU want doesnt mean Nintendo is not pleasing people other than yourself.

I am VERY pleased with the Nintendo of today, and most of its choices.

EDIT: Ok, I read it. No, I don't agree with you AT ALL. Why don't you at least do some reading before you rant? Nintendo and bankrupt should NEVER be in the same sentance. That company as posted a red quarterly profit statement only twice in the last 50 years.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
Ryan_Falco
Banned

Well im just saying it went from 80 percent market share to 30 percent they can't be doing everything right here. :annoyed: Trust me I have the biggest nintendo collection u'll ever see and deeply love nintendo and have good memories with the 64 and SNES but honestly the new stuff is bullshit
Old 09-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
Ryan_Falco
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keits
Agree?! I can't even READ it!

It makes my head and eyes hurt SO badly.

But I will tell you this; everyone wants something different. Nintendo not doing what YOU want doesnt mean Nintendo is not pleasing people other than yourself.

I am VERY pleased with the Nintendo of today, and most of its choices.

EDIT: Ok, I read it. No, I don't agree with you AT ALL. Why don't you at least do some reading before you rant? Nintendo and bankrupt should NEVER be in the same sentance. That company as posted a red quarterly profit statement only twice in the last 50 years.
Yeah trust me I spent way too much time reading about nintendo ok, I played 26 hours a day on my 64 a few times, and was consulted about how i was too addicted to Nintendo and Mario! I am the (was the) Biggest mario and nintendo fan you'd ever meet... but alas im just trying to show how they sort of suck now, I thought that was obvious to everyone else! And if your eyes are having such trouble get some friggin glasses, and study some more in your ESL class.

Last edited by Ryan_Falco; 09-01-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

so your freaking out about the problems that nintendo made...years ago?

You're a little late to the party...
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
sharky~
Out Run Master!

thats impressive considering theres only 24 hours in a day!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #10
Keits
Kaizoku da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky~
thats impressive considering theres only 24 hours in a day!
I was thinking the same thing!

Market share is not a smart way to guage a company's success. Sure, losing large ammounts of it hurts, but when you still make as much as Nintendo does, its not like '3rd place' is a losing score.

And, while no one really called for a 'video game revolution', you should be thankful that one out of the three console makers is willing to do something different. If not for the sake of progress, then for the sake of VARIETY.

Variety is, after all, said to be the 'spice of life'.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Quote:

I agree, that was something the N64 and GCN didn't really have, both consoles are still worth owning. But the Wii uses DS functions, and will get all the games that game devs are too scared to put on the 360 and PS3.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
diunx
The Devil Loves You

I agree with you about nintendo releasing crap the last few years,but I think the direction nintendo is taking is the right one and I hope it gets then the third party support they need to come out of the last spot.
diunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
Ryan_Falco
Banned

Quote:

Market share is not a smart way to guage a company's success. Sure, losing large ammounts of it hurts, but when you still make as much as Nintendo does, its not like '3rd place' is a losing score.

And, while no one really called for a 'video game revolution', you should be thankful that one out of the three console makers is willing to do something different. If not for the sake of progress, then for the sake of VARIETY.

If 3rd place isnt a losing score what the hell is first place?!?!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #14
Ryan_Falco
Banned

Quote:

Yeah but what if they made TV's with helmets that came out so u could smell whats going on in the movie thats variety, but I didn't WANT that kind of variety. And noone ever asked for it. When playing N64 u never wanted to have anything but the way it was right? SO GC came out, and they didnt screw around with the good stuff but the games were bad. Now they have bad games and they screwed around with something that works really well. Why should I be glad--- its just silly the design of this thing!Maybe im betraying nintendo alot here, but hey theyre putting out alot of **** and im not paying my good money for stuff I dont want.

Last edited by Ryan_Falco; 09-01-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #15
Vegetto
Alive

plz stop

just stop
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote