The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #61
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

What's the big deal if he thinks FFX is a great RPG god knows how he doesn't like Grandia 1 and 2 but enjoys FFX but that's has choice no matter how weird it is.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #62
SuperAngelo64
Hourglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalSolace2
i cant understand why this is not the prevailing ideology....

i guess people have got used to the idea of false freedom...

Solace, this is your best post ever. I honestly did not think you could link Final Fantasy to a future Police State.

SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #63
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavle
I have seen my brother play Grandia 1 and 2 (eww) and I haven't heard much good about 3.
OKOKOK... Time to dispell this foolish misconception of Grandia 3 now that i've completed it. Grandia 3 is great!!!
The battle system is just awsome, the battles and the dungeons were beautyfull and challenging just in the right level. The Character expressions were greatly improved and the enjoyable music was still there. The story though, wasnt as epic has in previous Grandias. But the bar had already been set very high cause of the first two titles greatness. Without doubt, Grandia 3 is nevertheless one of the most enjoyable RPG's of this generation. It sure has the NEM seal of aproval!!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:45 PM   #64
Naoko Suki
Steak!

Don't worry, I still want to play FF12. I believe the FF3 sold faster and more copies because Handhelds are still one of the top systems.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #65
SuperAngelo64
Hourglass

I believe it sold faster because it's sheer awesome.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:39 AM   #66
Alucard

Grandia 1 is legendary and 2 is great. I havent played 3 yet but I hear the story is no where near as good as the first two, Anyone whos played it care to say anything? Though I'd prefer if you've played the first two aswell.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:59 AM   #67
VietBitter

Whats wrong with FFX? It was pretty good game imo, for once the battle system felt balanced, which reminds me when i first played it I chose "Expert Sphere System", long story short, i fucked up my skills and took me countless retrys to beat the bosses. It was fun though.
VietBitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:18 AM   #68
shinobi00
Hyper Ninja 100%

My last couple japanese rpgs were skies of arcadia and grandia 2. I doubt I've missed anything since those games. Japanese RPGs are gay and have used the same battle system for 20 years. America FTW! if blue dragon isn't good I will never play another japanese RPG again.

I'm not sure why people are surprised about the sales of FF3. One of the only good ff+People looking for **** to do on their DS+People have beaten mario 1000 times and theres nothing else to play= million seller.
shinobi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:24 AM   #69
Northeastmonk

We won't get the nice packaging like Japan did. Those boxes are huge. I already know the ending to 12, so I'm more excited about 3. duh! It's fans that have the big mouths.!
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:34 AM   #70
darren
... lol

Quote:
ROFL so you spent over a hundred hours on an RPG you despise for the sake of learning a language? Nice excuse.
yes it is a bloody good excuse dip **** since due to playing / translating rubbish like ff10 i can now near as dame read japanese . .. which is great coz unlike i actually got a lot more out of the time spet playing it and unlike you i do not have to wait 12 -18 months for games to be ported to english or whatever you speak to play them. Thats if they ever get ported from japanese in the first place. in which case you will never play them

.. worth while learning to read japanese ......

yes i than think so .. since i am now paid to mark ISEB IT exams which have been written in japanese. And that a VERY nice little earner ..

Quote:

DQ7 and DQ8 are crud.
Now i understand why you think FFX is one of the best RPGs ever when you say these are crud, It must be style over actual content that you look for in a goood RPG. .. lol ..

Quote:
I have seen my brother play Grandia 1 and 2 (eww) and I haven't heard much good about 3.
gradia 1 is awesome .. better than FF7 and almost as good as Xenogears. Grandia 2 was also great. Gradia three was nt great but a better game than FFX thats for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001
What's the big deal if he thinks FFX is a great RPG god knows how he doesn't like Grandia 1 and 2 but enjoys FFX but that's has choice no matter how weird it is.
its no big deal .. but to say its one of the best rpgs ever made seems a little odd when there are 100s better ...lol .. and yes i agree it is a VERY weird choice .. almost as odd as some saying FF8 and 9 are some of the best rpgs ever made
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)

Last edited by darren; 08-27-2006 at 04:43 AM.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:17 AM   #71
Diavle

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316
yes it is a bloody good excuse dip **** since due to playing / translating rubbish like ff10 i can now near as dame read japanese . .. which is great coz unlike i actually got a lot more out of the time spet playing it and unlike you i do not have to wait 12 -18 months for games to be ported to english or whatever you speak to play them. Thats if they ever get ported from japanese in the first place. in which case you will never play them

.. worth while learning to read japanese ......

yes i than think so .. since i am now paid to mark ISEB IT exams which have been written in japanese. And that a VERY nice little earner ..
Man are you stupid, whats the point in arguing with you when you don't even read/understand what I say?

Quote:
Now i understand why you think FFX is one of the best RPGs ever when you say these are crud, It must be style over actual content that you look for in a goood RPG. .. lol ..

I'd take that anyday over a series with endless (hella boring and basic) battles, no story or characterization and where the dialogue is aimed at 5 year olds.
Diavle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:20 AM   #72
Nindalf

Quote:
Man are you stupid
how can you say that to this face:

Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:33 AM   #73
Diavle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
how can you say that to this face:

I have a kid sister, there has been substantial training.

I am immune.

Last edited by Diavle; 08-27-2006 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:42 AM   #74
Nindalf

there's nothing wrong with smiling, old chap.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #75
Diavle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
there's nothing wrong with smiling, old chap.
Come again?