The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-29-2002, 06:17 PM   #1
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Apocalypse Now?

Quote:
From Gamespot's coverage
3DO stopped by today and revealed more details on its upcoming multiplatform game Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which is scheduled for a fall 2003 release. The game is a single-player action game that puts players in the role of Abaddon, an archangel who must face off against the apocalyptic horsemen of the title and prevent the end of the world. Before players can take on the horsemen, they'll have to find the three mortals known as "the chosen," who are born with the power to fight the horseman, to even the odds. However, while the three chosen are unaware of their abilities, the horsemen do know of them and the threat they pose. Players will be charged with finding and protecting the three chosen until they can be reunited and combine their powers to save the world.

The look of Abaddon, the chosen, and all the other characters in the game is the result of 3DO's collaboration with acclaimed comic book artists Simon Bisley, who is best known for Lobo and Heavy Metal 2000, and Dave DeVries, whose work includes covers for Marvel's X-Men comics and the Marvel X-men masterpiece trading cards. [...]

We had a chance to look at some sketches and models of Abaddon, the three chosen, the horsemen, and Satan himself. The chosen are Jesse Horner, a scantily clad 18-year-old prostitute; Jimmy Ray Flynt, a tattooed preacher turned serial killer; and Anderson Scott, a corrupt politician who actually unleashes the horsemen in the first place and only later realizes he is one of the chosen.

The four horsemen are Bisley-esque personifications of pestilence, war, famine, and death that will be revealed in the coming months. Satan is less of a departure from the conventional renditions of the lord of darkness, but he's suitably menacing. The cast is brought to life by some high-profile voice talent. Lance Henriksen, who appeared in Aliens and the television series Millennium, will voice Abaddon. Traci Lords, known these days for her work in Melrose Place, Profiler, and First Wave, will be the voice of Pestilence. Tim Curry, known for a varied career that has included The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Ridley Scott's Legend, will provide Satan's voice.

[...]
Maybe 3DO can get this one right...

Maybe.. it certainly doesn't sound bad... and I've always liked their Heroes of Might and Magic series...

Hmm.. they've also got concept art over at Gamespot and some more stuff.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 08:36 PM   #2
gabriel
infinity in finity

In my mind 3DO = Army Men = bad. It's a cool concept, hopefully they wont crap it up. Oh, and I really dont like those character designs
Old 10-29-2002, 09:42 PM   #3
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

3DO + Battle Tanx = Happy Gamers.
Black Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 11:09 AM   #4
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

3DO = value pak mixed bag of nuts.. sometimes you get the good ones.. often times you get peanuts...

But I'm not too crazy on the character designs either.. I certainly hope that long haired dude isn't the angel..

I think he's supposed to be the ex-preacher dude though.. he has a wild glint in his eye.