The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 07-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
DBJAY

Valve ports HL2 to 360.

At least now they have the power to do a great port.

"And hey, Half-Life 2: Ep 2 will ship for Xbox 360 and PS3 simultaneously with the PC. The console games will basically include all of the HL2 back content, so you'll get everything on there that you can get on the PC."

from gamespot;

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6153984.html

Good to know, HL2 is a fantastc game on the pc, been looking forward to Ep 2 for a bit now.
DBJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
Decado

Wrong forum and it's already been posted several times
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
DBJAY

If you bothered reading the link to EGM, you would see there is plenty of info not found in the original worthplaying article.

Also, if every PC game that also appears on the consoles only belong in general gaming, then all of EA's games should not be discussed in the platform specific sections, and ditto with many other games. Or every third party game coming up that crosses the lines, of which they are going to be hundreds.

That is worth no one's time in the end. Most of us are intelligent enough to sort it out.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
Alucard

Well it is coming out for ps3 aswell. So that would be 3 platforms. Unless this info is xbox centric with, which it aint since all versions are identical, then it would be ok. But since theres no screens for any platform except PC, this sort of news is too vague to leave in one section. I'll leave it open anyway. Cause I'm lazy.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
Kiryu1985
Communist

If they start porting thier stuff on consoles, they better include console specific features like replay value (as in new game modes and mini games, and possibly split-screen multiplayer).
Old 07-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #6
Nindalf

Just another reason why console specific boards should be merged with General Gaming.

JUST SAYING
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #7
Alucard

HL2 already has mini games you can download. At least 1... actually you make it sound like console people have ADD and need things to flitter back and forth from.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #8
Kiryu1985
Communist

Im just saying that the original Halflife for the Ps2 had a 9 level co-op mission, the canceled dreamcast version had Blue Shift, but for some reason HL2 for the Xbox had nothing, not even multiplayer.

I hope this trend does not continue
Old 07-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #9
jerzmob

oooooooo i am so astounded

jerzmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #10
Alucard

Cant really blame the xbox for not having too much. The system could hardly run the game as is. They spent way too long trying to port it to that system and realised, SCREW IT, the 360 is coming.

They probably dont do extras either since they realise their primary fanbase is on the pc, and the consoles most likely havent proven themselves in terms of sales. Now this might sound snooty, but I'm gonna say it.. With the PC side the gamers look at fps games and play the ones that really deserve it. You'll notice Valve has a sickening following, and the top MP fps is CS: Source. But on the xbox the popular game is Halo. Noone is really interested in that many other fps games, and even go as far as to mock them. omg not another fps omgomg a pc port omgomg... But Halo has instant win whether its crap or not. Why bother wasting time on this sort of audience?

Thats my totally and completely 100% non-biased take on things. The Halo gamer is a unique species. They do not follow logic. Only hype like sheep.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #11
shinobi00
Hyper Ninja 100%

Couldn't have this been available at launch? This is like a year too late. It better be $20, or I'm not buying it. The game is almost 3 years old now. At least we get team fortress, and all the expansions.

Last edited by shinobi00; 07-18-2006 at 06:14 PM.
shinobi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #12
DBJAY

Here's a trailer for the game, episode 2 stuff.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/h...?mode=trailers

The portal concept is pretty amazing, and looks to be pretty innovative.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #13
Decado

So we're discussing multiplatform (PC/360/PS3) games on platform specific forums now? Not that I particularly care, it just hasn't been done until this thread, AFAIK.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote