The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 10-03-2006, 08:01 AM   #16
SuperAngelo64
Surprise

I'm going to make another 'review' tomorrow.

No, this post doesn't have any purpose, it's just a shameless bump.

Last edited by SuperAngelo64; 02-02-2007 at 06:28 AM.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #17
Kiryu1985
Communist

Since your post dissapointed me, I'll give a recomendation on a game that you will not WANT to play...EVER:

SFII: The Official PC Version
http://www.scary-crayon.com/games/sf2pc/

They have a download link for the game somewhere so you can see the crap in action for yourself.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
B.B. Gambini
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
Games that Seraph will never play - Every game on the PS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
Ok spider I understand if you like trying to push my buttons, but at least have the decency to keep that crap out of somebodys review thread.

stop being a bitch seraph
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #19
Seraph
>:3

I cant help it if im always the center of attention.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #20
George Foreman

Donald Land was a pretty decent game. I remember playing through it(using save states) after nes-player did a Feature about McDonald's after Supersize Me came out.

Last edited by George Foreman; 10-13-2006 at 12:30 AM.
George Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #21
Kiryu1985
Communist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinAngelo
I'm going to make another 'review' tomorrow.
Since today is finally tommorow, and you have posted NOTHING, I'll recomend another game:

Sweet Home: http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/n...ome/info.shtml
Its a 1989 NES Resident Evil, not many people played and many will never play it since it was in japanese, even when it has been translated, so go ahead and try it out.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #22
Ryan_Robert
Banned

What the hell, buddy... are Japanese people on crack...?!

Last edited by Ryan_Robert; 10-21-2006 at 01:32 AM.
Ryan_Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #23
SuperAngelo64
Surprise

I've cleaned up the way I do reviews. I'm doing each section in alternating colors so it seems like it's less boring to read!!

I'm using a letter grade system. (No I'm not copying Seraph! In fact I'm the one who told him to use letter grades!!!111one).

I added "First word that comes to mind" so it can work with every game and not just McDonalds.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #24
SuperAngelo64
Surprise

Rakuga Kids
Developer: Konami
Console: Nintendo 64
Year: 1998

Now we all know that the Nintendo 64 is not known for it's selection of fighting games. And any fighting games featured on the N64 were probably utter shit. But a bit of a unique game emerges from the shit, an amazing game, one you just don't forget. I'm talking about Rakuga Kids.

In a time when games with cartoony 'hand-drawn' sprites were popular (i.e. Parappa the Rapper) it seemed logical to some japanese executive to make a game in this style about children's crayon drawings beating the fucking shit out've eachother. You have your typical things children aspire to be...

A Cowboy

An Astronaut

A Chicken girl witch thing

There is really no point to the game other than that. You basically choose a kid and their drawings will just start throwing down. I wish they did shit like that when I was a kid, I'm totally the kind've person who would draw something for the sole purpose of creating it to kick whatever the guy next to me is drawing's ass. You just keep beating shit until you get the to final boss named "George" who is some pedo with sunglasses who hangs around children to color alongside them. Wow.

Now before I go on I'm just going to say there's only one reason I hold this game highly. That reason.. is BearTank.

You see this in an alley and you run home.

Yes you heard that right, Bear fucking Tank. A bear and a tank, which is apparently the creation of a little girl named 'Clione'. If I ever have kids, I hope mine are atleast half as cool as Clione for inventing BearTank.

Graphics: B

For a game that is supposed to look like shitty scribbles I guess it's kind've hard to judge. But all the spritework, while 'pixely' looking in still screens, is incredibly fluid in motion. This is an N64 game afterall, you can't expect much. I always found it cool how styles that purposely look like they're made by children (Yoshi's Island) end up looking the best. Maybe it's because you set your expectations lower, or maybe it's because you feel this game was actually created by a child and don't want to hurt the kid's feelings. Any kid who can draw like these punks in Rakuga Kids is probably in 2nd grade, so rest assure you're not hurting anyone's feelings.

I don't really know what's going on here and I was the one playing the fucking game.

Sound: A+

"The sound effects are top quality and really go well with the game", ok, we got the technical shit that get nerds sprung out've the way. Now onto shit that people who aren't complete fuckwads care about; the music. The music in this game fucking rocks. It's all Electric guitar crap that totally doesn't fit the game at all. Some of the most hardcore music on the N64 was played while an ABC robot kicks the shit out've an astronaut. Yes!

C-A-R spells "Back the fuck off, bitch!".

Quality: B-

Alright so, this game doesn't play like Marvel vs. Capcom. Hell, it doesn't even play like Shaq Fu, but it's still pretty damn fun. The controls are similar to pretty much any fighting game, taking advantage of the N64's C buttons like a.. well actually I'm not going to type that out. There are of course, like every fighting game after Street Fighter Alpha, SUPER COOL COMBOS!! Here's a SUPER COMBO of BearTank shaking a SpaceshipElephant's trunk. How does this attack the enemy? Fuck if I know, this shit is genius! Actually I take back that Shaq Fu comment...

Obviously an epic friendship.

Overall: B

It's a fun game, and there are cyborg animals and awesome music and ghost dogs. I mean what more do you really want in a game? Well come to think of it I guess a Panda dressed like a Matador would've been kinda cool..

I can dream can't I?

First word that comes to mind: Rox!

ProTip: BearTank makes a cameo in the japanese version of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. You can actually transform into BearTank.

Last edited by SuperAngelo64; 02-02-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 AM   #25
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Haha man. I didn't even know this game existed. Its so weird. Great review though.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #26
ModestMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAngelo64
Console: Nintendo 64
Year: 1987
What?
ModestMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:21 AM   #27
Soba
:D

Wow, I didn't realize they made N64 games all the way back in 1987! Amazing!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 AM   #28
SuperAngelo64
Surprise

Fixed.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:43 AM   #29
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

I never heard of this game. And you say it kicks ass. Figures that it didn't make its way Stateside. But I loved the review. Best quote ~ "I don't really know what's going on here and I was the one playing the fucking game." That ruled.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #30
Seraph
>:3

What the crap???

Why would the japanese even make a game like this. You would have to be insane to buy it. There must be some insane collison detection for this game to work.

I like ElephantShip more than BearTank.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote