The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 10-22-2002, 10:50 PM   #1
Xenogears

StarOcean 2

I'm posting this basically because I wanna know how do you feel about this game? because on an aesthetic perspective looks pretty amazing but I'm a little concern about the battle system, is it going to be like the previous StarOcean on PSONE? because I also really liked the characters and backgrounds but I really hated the battle system, the whole thing about not having direct control over the other two characters really pissed me off. I know that in KH you also cannot control Donald or Goofy but they never go casting spells like mad as it was in the StarOcean on PSX, they always ended up dead so I pretty much did the same thing that I do nowadays in KH, I just let them be and only care about my own ass but I would really like to know more about the mechanics of this game for the PS2.

Old 10-22-2002, 11:01 PM   #2
gabriel
infinity in finity

I hope the battle system remains, it was great. You could switch control of character with the press of a button, and you could select different AI scripts ("Attack with all mp", "Conserve special attacks", etc) so it's not like the computer controlled character made completely random choices. Even without complete control you could still have the characters act generally the way you wanted them to.

I can see where you're coming from, but I cant directly relate to it What type of battle system would you prefer, one like FF games?
Old 10-23-2002, 02:46 AM   #3
Alucard

The PS2 one is called Star Ocean 3. 2 was on the psx. And it'll probably be the same. I dont know about the casting spells like mad. Depends how you set your strategy up. This is 1 of 3 RPGS for the PS2 that I want and will be happy forever with. The rest take a back seat. The second one comes out this week..
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote