The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
justin_credible

Uwe Boll challenges his critics to a FIGHT!

Quote:
German horror director Uwe Boll is so fed up with receiving bad reviews from movie critics he is challenging his detractors to a filmed fight. Boll, whose movies "Alone In The Dark" and "House Of The Dead" are based on video games, says he will fly his critics to meet him and will then fight them in a boxing ring. The filmmaker is incensed by an online petition which has 13,327 signatures of people asking him to stop making movies. Boll, who has also invited Roger Avary and Quentin Tarantino to join his fight, plans to air the fights on the internet. He the plans to edit clips into his latest film Postal. Boll says, "I'm fed up with people slamming my films without seeing them. Many journalists make value judgments on my films based on the opinions of one or two thousand internet voices. Half of those opinions come from people who've never watched my films. If critics want to bring Uwe Boll down, here is their chance to physically bring him down and have the entire world watch them do it."

Maybe some of you are not familiar with Uwe Boll, or have not seen his films. He is the director that everyone hates. I think moviegoers have gotten together and created a petition to have him stop making movies. Yes, his movies are bad, and I really can't remember a director being this disliked before. All the interviews I have read involving this guy made him seem like a nice guy, who lets the bad reviews roll off his shoulder. I was dead wrong on that one. He is taking his frustration to the ring as if he had to prove something like Screech did a while back. I think this is hilarious, but it will even better if someone actually accepts the challenge. How about Richard Roeper vs Uwe Boll?
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/712/712601p1.html

heh, I would love to see him get his ass beat down. STOP MAKING CRAPPY MOVIES, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CHALLENGE ANYONE. CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO MAKE SOMETHING DECENT. YOU DID ALONE IN THE F'N DARK! KILL YOURSELF! /end rant
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
justin_credible

Sorry for the double post

Quote:
So, what's he gonna do about? Get this... The 5 most outspoken critics of Boll's work will be chosen to fly to Vacouver and the set of his forthcoming game-to-film adaptation of Postal. They'll be hooked with stand-in or extra roles in the movie and will... this just keeps getting better... have the opportunity to don boxing gloves and enter the ring where they'll square off with Boll in a 10 bout match! Scenes from the fights will make it into the film and they'll all be shown on the internet.

Interested? Here's the small print:

To be eligible only critics who have posted on the internet or who have written in magazines / newspapers at least two extremely negative articles in the year 2005 will be considered. Critics of 2006 will not be considered. Please submit proof of your negative reviews & comments via e-mail to: info@boll-kg.de.

All challengers must be healthy males, weighing between 140 lbs. and 190 lbs. You will require to be physically examined by a doctor and sign the necessary release forms for liability, etc. You will not be paid nor entitle to any residuals or fees. Your transportation & hotel costs will be paid.

The following posters to the IMDb have earned the right to be placed on the list of the most extreme anti-Boll critics and therefore eligible to enter the contest for being picked to be an extra/stand-in in Postal and physically box Dr. Uwe Boll.

Headhunter004
Adultswimlover2
Evolution_500_2
Greatnates
thedoomsdaybegins
GunnerySergeantNumbnuts
Murdoc995
AimeeBrookes
ChineseOldMarketMan
GabeLogan9060
Veedragon40
BigSexy77
TylerDurden52
Dan223-1
howdy4641430-1

You will surely not want to miss this, so keep checking back on IGN for more!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

i had serious hope for that movie and it was just horrible ! but on another note i liked the hills have eyes.

just like i always thought that guy is really crazy.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam
but on another note i liked the hills have eyes.
Uwe Boll had zero to do with Hills Have Eyes

It's not even listed under his name on IMDB

http://imdb.com/name/nm0093051/

If you look on that link it says he's going to be doing the Far Cry movie ROFLMAO.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

i'm not saying that he had anything to do with it i was just saying that i liked the movie that's all.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Seraph
>:3

Where do these guys come from?

I think he should be kicked out of the industry just for acting like a child. He reminds me too much of Jack Thompson. He pisses off videogame fans in one way or another, then when the fans retaliate, he acts like he has done nothing wrong and that the videogame community is scum.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I love how it doesn't mention that Uwe Boll knows how to box and has won a championship before
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote