The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 10-21-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

one more game for the GC from Square

Here you go guys, some new tibbits I translated about Squaresoft (i read french)

Squaresoft will officially show Final Fantasy X 2 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle on the next shareholders meeting Tuesday. They also project to sell more than 2.5 millions copies of FFX2 in japan due for march 2003 .

Along with FFCC for GC, SquareSoft is working a unknown project for the GC.

Nintendo will be in charge for marketing of the GBA Chocobo game due for december 13 in japan

Original article from newtechnix.com
Quote:
Squaresoft pr?sentera officiellement Final Fantasy X-2 sur PlayStation 2 et Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicle sur GameCube ? l'occasion d'une conf?rence regroupant les actionnaires de la soci?t? qui se d?roulera demain mardi. Squaresoft pr?voit de vendre 2.5 millions d'exemplaires de Final Fantasy X-2 au Japon, la sortie du jeu est pr?vue pour le mois de Mars 2003. Par ailleurs, certaines sources annoncent que Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicle ne serait pas le seul jeu en d?veloppement sur la console de Nintendo. Nintendo se chargera de la promotion de Chocobo Land : A Game of Dice sur Game Boy Advance qui sortira le 13 D?cembre prochain au Japon. Confirmation de ces informations demain.

Last edited by Black Sugar; 10-21-2002 at 08:57 PM.
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 09:49 PM   #2
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Thanks. I hope its not a Final Fantasy related product. There's just too much of them.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:28 PM   #3
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Praying for Vagrant Story 2.
baratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 12:03 AM   #4
Wolf

*Joins in with baratus but realizes it will probably be some sort of Dew Prism/ Brave Fencer 3D action/RPG a la Kingdom Hearts*
Old 10-22-2002, 12:25 AM   #5
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf
*Joins in with baratus but realizes it will probably be some sort of Dew Prism/ Brave Fencer 3D action/RPG a la Kingdom Hearts*
Yeah I guess I was just imagining things back there, if there's ever a Vagrant Story 2 it would obviously be on Ps2.
?A 3D action/rpg looks more suitable for GC? ?Square would say- :irked" I just hope it?s not influenced by Kingdom Hearts.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:31 AM   #6
vherub
filasofer

Maybe it will be a port of The Bouncer, especially since the gc has sooo many rpgs already
Old 10-22-2002, 01:00 AM   #7
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Quote:
Originally posted by vherub
Maybe it will be a port of The Bouncer, especially since the gc has sooo many rpgs already
That would suck man!
Old 10-22-2002, 01:30 AM   #8
Rubeus

Perhaps it is a Gamecube version of Final Fantasy Tactics, because Nintendo wants all their developers to make use of the GBA<->GC data exchange features.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 01:50 AM   #9
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebeus
Perhaps it is a Gamecube version of Final Fantasy Tactics, because Nintendo wants all their developers to make use of the GBA<->GC data exchange features.
That would be great man!
Old 10-22-2002, 02:56 AM   #10
blueskied

I'd bet it's probably Seiken Densetsu 5. The first three Seiken's ("Secret of Mana" in the US) were released on Nintendo systems, with only IV ("legend of mana") being released on the PS. But since the Gamecube is here and Square is making games for Nintendo again, Seiken is probably their "secret" project.

That's my best guess! I hope it's true as well--Seiken Densetsu 3 is my all time favorite game.

cheers!
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 03:35 AM   #11
baratus
Elite Bouncer

blueskied what do you think of FF Crystal Chronicles, do you think it will boost the system sales in Japan?
Old 10-22-2002, 10:35 AM   #12
Mutter
Olimar is my mate

Please be Secret of Mana.... I LOVED the original on the SNES. Hope the same type of real time gameplay emulates itself into the Final Fantasy game for GC.

Wow. My first post!
Mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:57 AM   #13
blueskied

To Baratus: I think FF:CC will be a HUGE game for the Gamecube in japan. Maybe even bigger than Zelda. Though, I wouldn't bet on seeing it any time before next summer/fall. I saw an interview with the creator of the game (forget his name!), who is actually the guy who created and made the very first final fantasy (very good sign to have him leading this project)! He states the recent final fantasies are not his style (he politely says, basically, he doesn't like them), and he wants to go back to the roots of FF with Crystal Chronicles. On the interview DVD, they show some short clips of the game but it's really way early, I'd say 10% complete. The graphics do look amazing already though!! Do you remember the character models and scene renders for the FF game that was planned way back in the beginning of the N64 days (but quickly got cancelled)? It reminds me of that (cute, but very cool anime characters, etc), but a million times better looking. The rest of the game shown on the DVD was in the form of sketches of towns, characters, etc which have not been rendered yet.

Japanese gamers go crazy over FF more than any other people on the planet, that much I've found. When FF:CC comes out, Gamecube sales will really skyrocket, especially if it's the jewel of a game it looks like it will be (and we all hope it will be!). Remember, FF was the game that really got the PS into the position it is today worldwide.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:03 AM   #14
blueskied

One more thing: on the FF:CC interview DVD the creator guy says at the end "please be patient as we work on this game, it will be worth it in the end, trust me" and all he says for a release date is the vague "2003", which could be as late as next december. But, I think it's going to be worth the wait whenever it comes out!
Old 10-22-2002, 02:01 PM   #15
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Nice to hear that Blueskied. I didn't know that the same producer reponsible for the original FF, was working on this one! I taught it was the Legend of Mana producer ? !

Anyways, the next project coming on GC must be a game related to the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. They did mention that this game will be compatible to the GC.

Wait and see i guess!
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote