The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 06-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Red Steel controls fixed! YES! ACTUAL SWORD FIGHTING

http://gonintendo.com/?p=3221

Game Informer got their hands on a new build of Red Steel, and it seems like things have improved vastly, just as Ubisoft promised. A few choice excerpts.

?Not only did the remote replicate our actual sword-slashes, but the recenty unveiled motion sensor in the nunchuck could be thrust foreward for parry attacks?

?As promised, Timing and observation was key to winning the sword-fights and felt just like the mock-saber duels nearly everyone had as kids, so anyone who has dreamed of being a samuri will pick it right up?

now the only thing I want to know if you can choose to switch between the sword and gun at any given time. If you can ::::::: FTW!!!!!!!

Last edited by spider-prime; 06-20-2006 at 09:36 PM.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Vegetto
Alive

heck yes, that really turned me off about the sword, but this is gooooood news
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #3
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
Seraph
>:3

Fix the aiming and Ill buy your non-asian game!!!

Great news, this game keeps flopping between awesome and crap with me. I hope it flops awesome in the end.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #5
TheHardware
The Moment..

yes...this is exactly what this game needed......it only made sense, things at e3 are always not finalized, so expect this game to improve in every aspect , controls - graphics - sound.....woot!!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I would love the game if you can use the sword during gun play and chase after some fat japanese mob boss while he's running away screaming while you swing the sword at him!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
Seraph

a fantasy which im sure we've all had.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
ogami

Dream come true!

Now... we only need a light saber game from Lucasarts.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Somebody on another board posted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoChops
THE QUOTE IS WRONG AND WAS MISREAD Sorry to burst so many bubbles but i have the Game Informer issue right in front of me and the quote comes from an article called the Top 50 Games of E3. Nothing has been changed. Go home. Dont be excited anymore.

Quote:
"After being unveiled in our pages a few short months ago, Red Steel was shared with a wider audience at E3 in playable form, and was easily the most talked-about third-party game for the Wii. Unlike the version we saw in Paris, the E3 build of Red Steel had both the shooting and swordplay sections of the game playable, as well as some of the other motion-based features, such as reloading and opening doors. The Freeshot feature, which allows you to pause time and pick your targets, was in place, as was the ability to command surrendered foes with gestures. But getting to finally try the swordplay was easily the biggest thrill, as we faced off against a boss character at the end of the demo level. Not only did the remote accurately replicate our actual sword slashes, but the recently unveiled motion sensor in the nunchuck attachment could be used to parry attacks. Just as the Red Steel team promised, timing and observation was key to winning the sword fight, and felt just like the mock saber duels nearly everyone had as kids, so anyone who ever dreamed of being a samurai will pick it right up. Both the sword and gun sections of the game will be polished even further before release, but Red Steel was already playing remarkably well, and we're confident it will be one of the hottest games of the Wii launch."

It does in fact seem they are talking about the E3 build and not a new build.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #10
Nindalf

Ntrards' dreams and hopes dashed again.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #11
Seraph

Its Wiitards thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
this game keeps flopping between awesome and crap with me