The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-19-2002, 09:36 AM   #1
Healin

How's everybody doing??

Well I've been busy lately helping my friend start up his catering business lately and finally I've done my bit. I did try to come up to the forum but couldn't really find the time to post regularly. We'll its a load off my back now so how is everybody doing?

I've noticed that the no. of new post seems to be on the decline (maybe its just me) so hurry up everyone and post more interesting news!!

I've got a load of games that I've not completed yet and the thought of going through them is like whoh....

Here's the list:

PS2:

Kindom Hearts - pretty far though
SEGA Soccer Slam - completed the league with only the artic team
Armored Core 3
Federation Vs Zeon - played through the arcade mode but not through the mission mode

PC:

Neverwinter Nights - end of chapter 3
Star Wars JK - playing constantly
UR2K3 - just got it
WC3 - just got it too

Well I'll try to finish them one at a time so I guess I won't be getting my GC that soon...

I'll need to write resumes too cuz I really need to get out of my current job.... its damn taxing and its affecting my gaming life...

So everybody just post what you've been doing so I can get to know you guys better!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
gabriel
infinity in finity

I'm enjoying being young and carefree I'm passively looking for a job too, since I got fired from my last a while ago (I was a "kitchen assistant" at the local Chinese restaurant ). I dont desperately need a job though, so I'm not putting too much effort into my search.

It was my and my gf's 5 month anniversary yesterday, which we spent very romantically: she had to stay home all day, while I got high with some buddies.

I'm thinking of getting an Xbox of my own rather than playing my friend's all the time. Now seems like a great time to, what with the new bundle, Xbox Live, and some high profile games coming out. The only thing I need now is money I heard Zellers (a Canadian chain) has a very lenient return policy, where you can return things w/o receipt, so my plan is to trade in my PS2 games that I dont play anymore for just as much as I payed for them months ago If that doesnt work (which is likely), I'll probably have to settle for getting it as a Christmas gift, or get a job.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:24 PM   #3
Healin

Ha ha ha!!! What were you doing as the kitchen assistant? Do you learn how to cook? If so, why didn't you cook for your gf?

Bet she'll love that. And i don do weed or drink anymore... well I still drink but only on occasions. Gd luck finding a job though! BTW, is the x-box really that fun to have you glued to your friends house? No offense but I'll be getting a GC but if the x-box is getting better maybe I'll go for it then.

Young and carefree... how I miss those days where I'll go crabbing, swimming with my friends... I didn't give a hoot bout the world and money then. Not now though and I gotta work to survive. The high cost of living in this accursed dot of my isn't helping either....
Old 10-19-2002, 02:11 PM   #4
Nindalf

Hey gabriel...why did they fire you?

Anyway im doing fine...my one week vacation just started so i can finally end SMS(currently i have 89shines and 123 blue coins)great game!

School is as boring as ever but thank god i dont got any homework for my vacation!

other news....my toe is infected
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #5
Healin

500 post NIN.

You're sooooo lucky!! You get to have vacation.... while the rest of us working guys slog it out again and again.... day after day....
Old 10-20-2002, 12:18 AM   #6
gabriel
infinity in finity

As the kitchen assistant my main job was cutting up vegetables, de-fatting meat, and pealing shrimp. I did some dishwashing too. It was pretty demanding for minimum wage The only reason I got the job was because the restaurant is on my home from school, and I saw a help wanted sign so I thought "What the heck, I may as well apply." I guess they were desperate for workers because they called me up and hired me over the phone. After a few months they just said "Dont come in anymore, there's no more work." Which either meant that they didnt have enough business (which isnt hard to believe, since they were never busy), or they were trying to be polite in firing me. I didnt really care either way since I hated the job. The only reason that I kept coming in was that early on I promised that I'd keep working during the school year (this was during the summer).

I never did any actual cooking, and my girlfriend is homebound at the moment anyway

As for my interest in the Xbox: We most often play multiplayer games (usually Halo, which I adore) which dont even have to be great, as long as the people around you are I like the hardware itself, games like Halo and Morrowind, and the upcoming releases are looking. Personal preference I suppose, that's not saying I think the GC doesnt (<-- I love double negatives ) have appealing games, I just dont have an urge to buy one. I satisfied mooching off of my friends in this case
Old 10-24-2002, 01:02 AM   #7
Mav3r1ck

Hey Gab where in Ontario are you from, I live in Toronto! hehe, Nice to see a fellow Canadian on these forums. :cool guy:
Mav3r1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:46 AM   #8
gabriel
infinity in finity

I've been living in Strathroy for 6 years or so, and before that I lived in London. Strathroy is a small town (pop. 15000 or so), it's pretty close to London (30km or so).

I'm not a native Canadian, I was born in Poland (and I've lived in Germany too), but for all intents and purposes, I am Canadian
Old 11-01-2002, 03:02 AM   #9
xXx Beaver xXx
OL's Personal \|/|-|0R3

yeh

Im doing good, quite good actually, very refreshed.

Just wacked it off for 10 minutes, feeling very good.

- Triple X Beaver
Old 11-01-2002, 06:13 AM   #10
Penance
- Sum of all Beers -

!

I'm doing alright. Nothing really happening. Thanks for asking though.

-w0rd!
Penance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:45 AM   #11
Healin

Hey gabriel, you found a new job to sustain ur xbox fetish yet? or are you still playing at your friends place?

I've finally gotten a new job at my local communications company... gonna be responsible for launching new products. Maybe new internet services or expand the mobile network overseas and stuff... gonna be tough but I'll give it a shot. Gonna get my cube and xbox next month!! I've ordered a cube and still waiting for the official local release of xbox on 28 Nov? Comes bundled with the DVD thing and Halo. retails at 240 US dollars.... something like that.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:08 AM   #12
gabriel
infinity in finity

Hah, no, I'm still jobless. I'm forced into doing 40 "volunteer" hours before I graduate, by my school, so I'll probably get those out of the way before getting a job.

Congrats on the job, sounds like you're pretty high on the responsibilty ladder (and hopefully high on the payment ladder too )

With the release of PSO (I was a big fan when the first Dreamcast version was released), and the upcoming Metroid Prime, my urge to buy a Gamecube has risen exponentially I still want an Xbox, but now I dont really care which one I get first, hopefully both (but of course, of the whole jobless situation prevents that )

Right now, I'm at the whole "decide what you want to do for the rest of your life" point, but I'm planning on staying an extra year in high school so I guess I'll be making that choice in a year

How's the day-to-day life, everyone? Mine's incredibly routine, but I like the routine so that's fine with me.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #13
Healin

Well I have not been working for like 2 weeks and all I did was to play games and catch up on Mangas. Kind of a very leisure lifestyle. I don mind routine but I do enjoy a little excitement every now and then. The pay is ok and I did a check and it is around the market rate here so I'm fine with it. Hmm... you do make the choice for your life carefully but frankly, I think most ppl do not turn out to be what they want in life but hey, at least you had a vision and you tried.

40 hours of volunteer hours? you better clear them fast. They are like a burden... not the physical hours but the fact you need to clear them. :big smile
Old 11-13-2002, 07:25 PM   #14
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Well Im entering the prime time of living that occurs every year. That means Im set to get about 2 grand of pure spending goodness. I'm working an EASY part time job at Macy*s again (I work there every Christmas. But Since I've done it for what will be the fourth time, I got to pick my days and hours and am in charge of two kids, aged 16 and 15). And I get five hunny every month. Oh and my birthday is comming up near Turkey day and then Christmas is around the corner.

So my financial life is in order. But the sweetest news is, I'm getting my own place. I'm returning to my college and getting my own studio. I can't wait to move in and start partying daily. However, I doubt I'm gonna have much free time. I'm going to be awfully busy...so that means I won't have much time to play any games...but I'm already accustomed to that...

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote