Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 04-22-2008, 03:02 AM   #16
artraider

since this is a ok spot to say it I will say I love my R4
artraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #17
Xero
Sleep deprived...

I was looking for the name of that Gundam game for ages, thanks Kiryu!
Crysis.
PSN: XeroPSN, Xbox Live: XeroLive
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #18
Kiryu1985
Communist

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS ADVANCED FOR THE GAMEBOY ADVANCE

I'm about 8 hours into the original ffta gba game, so far it's getting quite boring, all you do is fight the same monsters, with little storyline, after 8 hours i expected some sort of progress in the actual plot, only to see a small bit about 1 of the main characters, Ritz who comes and goes pretty quickly.

The battles take from 10-40 minutes, since your spells and attacks miss ALOT, wasting time and potentially screwing everything up for you and making things even slower.
Magic spells seem to hit everything in their pathway, even your teammates, which is sometimes inconvenient.

The battles are not very hard themselves, you are never outnumbered, its 6 of you VS maybe 5 Monsters

The missions are quite boring, so far most of them have been only "Defeat all enemies" or "Defeat the boss", which by the time you get to him, you already killed his teammates.
There are "Dispatch missions", which suck, since you have to send away your strongest characters since weak ones always deliver failures, and again slow your progress.

The graphics are really good, alot of detail in some places, not so much in others, you can't rotate the camera, so sometimes things get crowded and a tree or an incline might block most of your view. I don't think you can zoom in or zoom out on the camera, but that would of been nice to have.

There isn't much interaction with the environment during battles, other games like Saitsu Journey to the west let you destroy rocks and find treasure chests, not so in this game, all your goals are to kill, kill, and kill.

The only reason im still playing this is because it's easy and helps pass the time when you want to play something repetitive. I have FFTA2, and hopefully it will be better.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #19
Seraph
>:3

Have you played the original FFT? Alot of your complaints could be applied to that as well.

FFTA wasn't nearly as good as FFT. FFT was an outright legendary game, I've played through it 5 times and am currently on my 6th playthrough. That said, even with the addition of stupid Laws and the stupid Ability system, FFTA was a fun game. If you scratch the screen up on your iPod, its still a wonderful iPod, just not as perfect as it once was.

Alot of fans of FFT hate FFTA because the series completley shifted focus. FFT was a dark game with a heavy story and soundtrack. FFTA was a bright and poppy game with a lighthearted story and peppy soundtrack. So the crowd that the original game attracted was not the same crowd the sequel was aimed at. I kinda enjoy a bit of everything so I liked both games.

I haven't beaten FFTA2 yet, but I think its the weakest of the 3 so far. They just keep making changes to the series for the worse and in FFTA2 your characters don't gain exp untill the battle ends which really bugs me.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
memory to zack

I΄m one of those that disliked FFTA and loved FFT. And just like Alucard often says for PC developers shifting to consoles, the franchise was downgraded.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #21
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

FFTA may lack plot, but the gameplay is utterly sublime and great for on-the-go play. If you're sitting at home playing for 6 hours straight, the lack of plot progress might be a downer. But playing it on a GBA or DS during breaks from class and such, the short missions work very nicely. I hear FFTA2 has an even less interesting story, which is a shame though.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #22
memory to zack

Yep, not complaining about gameplay. It΄s an enhanced gameplay of FFT, only big problem are those judges and their laws.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote